|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sybil's friend, Danny, leaves, what personality steps in?
2. What does Dr. Wilbur realize?
3. What can Dr. Wilbur sense?
4. In addition to Sybil, who else did the author interview?
5. The personality of Mary is like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sybil and Dr. Wilbur's sessions suddenly stop?
2. How does Dr Wilbur make Sybil feel better about her condition?
3. Dr. Wilbur only sees a limited number of options for Sybil and her recovery. Explain what they are.
4. Name some activities that Hattie forced Sybil to partake in.
5. As far as Sybil's treatment is concerned, what do Sybil's parents mostly question her about?
6. How does Sybil cope with difficult things that happen in her life?
7. What parts of Sybil's life play into her disorder?
8. Why must Sybil plead mental incompetence in a court of law?
9. Explain Sybil's feelings concerning her meetings with Dr. Wilbur.
10. As the novel begins, where does the reader find Sybil Isabel Dorsett?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
First impressions are quickly shattered through the novel.
a. Describe Dr. Wilbur's first impression of Hattie and Willard Dorsett.
b. How do the Dorsett's hide their cruelty and indifference towards Sybil from other people?
c. How can money and social standing protect people who commit evil acts?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Sybil unable to be in a romantic relationship?
How is Sybil's relationship with Teddy different from her connection with Ramon?
What does Sybil's refusal of Ramon's proposal signify?
Essay Topic 3
1. What do each of Sybil's personalities represent?
2. Pick four personalities and explain what each personality controls for Sybil. Each description should be at least a half page long.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)