|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Sybil, what has her body inadvertently become?
(b) Her body is her own.
(d) A hostess to the other selves.
2. What does Dr. Wilbur firmly assert with the boys?
(a) They should be kind to Sybil.
(b) They should try to get along with the girl personalities.
(c) They should try to become older, mature men.
(d) They will never be full grown men.
3. What are the two boy personalities' names?
(a) Sid and Mike.
(b) Mike and Brian.
(c) Sid and Michael.
(d) Sid and Brian.
4. Why did Dr. Wilbur's new patients create the selves?
(a) So others feel sorry for them.
(b) The are also making up their personalities.
(c) To deal with harsh environments.
(d) To copy Sybil.
5. Although Sybil has created alternate personalities to help absorb the trauma in her life, there is still _______________.
(a) Underlying pain and hurt.
(b) Healing that needs to take place.
(c) A question of what happened to Sybil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Teddy attempt to help Sybil?
2. How many brother and sisters did Hattie have?
3. Luckily, what is Sybil beginning to realize?
4. Who stops Sybil's suicide attempt?
5. What does Dr. Wilbur firmly believe that Willard must finally do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Some personalities feel that Sybil does not deserve to live. What theme is presented in the descent of these personalities?
2. What does Dr. Wilbur feel about meeting Sybil's father?
3. As sessions progress, what do the other selves begin to do as they grow impatient for Sybil?
4. Why does Sybil refuse to tell Ramon about her multiple personality disorder?
5. By the time that Dr. Wilbur has met many of the selves, Sybil has met none of them. Why is Sybil so reluctant to meet the other selves?
6. How do the selves, at some points, work together?
7. What makes Marcia break down and cry?
8. How does Sybil feel as she learns more and more about the personalities?
9. What does Willard Dorsett finally admit to Dr. Wilbur and Sybil?
10. In Sybil's refusal of Ramon, how does she treat him?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)