|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vicky realize after Danny's departure?
(a) She would have to push through to the surface and control.
(b) Danny abandoned Sybil.
(c) She was in love with him.
(d) She would never have another friend.
2. What does Dr. Wilbur think Peggy is to Sybil?
(a) An evil part of Sybil.
(b) A comfort.
(c) Is a made up figment of Sybil imagination.
(d) Sybil's expression of anger.
3. Why do Sybil's parents grill her about her sessions with Dr. Wilbur?
(a) They want to know everything about Sybil's treatment.
(b) They think Sybil lies.
(c) They do not care enough about their daughter to ask.
(d) They are worried about what has been revealed concerning them.
4. How many personalities go on Sybil and Dr. Wilbur's outing?
5. What will Dr. Wilbur have to uncover to understand Sybil?
(a) The small town where Sybil grew up.
(b) Sybil's friends.
(c) Sybil's education.
(d) The trauma that fractured Hattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sybil spend a large amount of her childhood?
2. How long did it take the author to write the book?
3. What did the author have to research in order to understand the book?
4. What played a role in Sybil's disorder?
5. What does Dr. Wilbur give Sybil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hattie when the Depression hits the United States?
2. What brings on the appearance of Peggy Lou, the first personality to appear?
3. What selves does Dr. Wilbur gradually meet as she and Sybil continue to meet?
4. What has Dr. Wilbur always assumed about Hattie?
5. When the general population discusses mental disorders, they often judge people before they know all the facts about their particular disorder, or situation. Why is does the author clearly ask the reader to hold off judgment of Sybil in the book's Preface?
6. Describe the personality of Vicky.
7. Where does Sybil meet Dr. Wilbur?
8. Name some activities that Hattie forced Sybil to partake in.
9. Why does Sybil choose to go home and be around her abrasive parents, after she has been going to college?
10. Sybil catches her parents having sex, and it scares her. Why does this severely scar Sybil?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)