|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sybil almost drown?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) A wheat bin.
(c) A pond.
(d) The beach.
2. What will Sybil need to confront to finish treatment?
(a) The memory of Hattie and Hattie's abuse.
(b) Go on a long trip where she can clear her mind.
(c) Stop treatment with Dr. Wilbur.
(d) She will need to start a relationship with a man.
3. After listening to the tape of Peggy Lou, what does Sybil realize?
(a) The selves are frustrating.
(b) The selves have many opinions.
(c) The selves aren't imaginary.
(d) The selves are too agreesive.
4. Who takes ascendancy of Sybil's body at the culmination of integration?
(d) The Blonde.
5. What is Dr Wilbur determined to do about the boys' personalities?
(a) Intergrate the male selves into their feminine body.
(b) Make them into women so they get along with everyone else.
(c) Eliminate the personalities.
(d) Calm them. They are too aggressive.
6. What is stopping Sybil's final integration from happening?
(a) The selves do not want the integration.
(b) She feels nothing and can not relate.
(c) She has a break from realty.
(d) She feels a flood of emotions from her other personalities.
7. Why does Vanessa try to get a good job?
(a) So that Sybil can dress stylishly.
(b) So that she can support herself.
(c) So she can support the other selves.
(d) She is tired of doing nothing.
8. When does Willard attend a session with Dr. Wilbur and Sybil?
(a) July, 1965.
(b) February, 1957.
(c) August, 1963.
9. What is the worst part of Sybil's history?
(a) The abuse she received.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her inability to love.
(d) Her shyness.
10. What horrible thoughts does Clara have?
(a) She wishes to hurt any man that Sybil gets too close to.
(b) That Sybil should die.
(c) She wants to kill Willard.
(d) She wants to cut herself.
11. Prior to the meeting with Willard, what was Dr. Wilbur concerned about Sybil's personalities' stories?
(a) They were fabricated stories.
(b) The stories were not detailed enough.
(c) There were two many personalities.
(d) the stories were too detailed.
12. What is Sybil's new occupation?
(a) Assistant Professor.
(b) Art teacher.
(c) An elementary school teacher.
(d) Grant writer.
13. At the end of Chapter 27, what is Sybil frightened of?
(a) Not finding the perfect job.
(b) Living her life without the selves.
(c) Being alone with no man in her life.
(d) Living an aimless existence.
14. Who does Sybil finally meet in a session with Dr. Wilbur?
(a) Ruth and Vicky.
(c) Peggy Lou.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long has Sybil been seeing Ramon?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Wilbur firmly believe that Willard must finally do?
2. What is unique about Sybil's case of multiple personalities?
3. What does the cat, Capri, notice about Sybil?
4. What have the two boy selves collaborated to make?
5. Where do the boys think that their penis is?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)