|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other factors play a part in Sybil's disorder?
(a) Her romantic relationships.
(b) Her schooling.
(c) An innapropraite realtionship with a teacher.
(d) Parental relationships and religious beliefs.
2. When does Sybil return to her own body?
(a) At the end of sixth grade.
(b) In college.
(c) In high school
(d) After third grade.
3. What does Dr. Wilbur realize?
(a) Sybil is lying about Peggy.
(b) She cannot treat Sybil.
(c) Her original diagnosis of dual personality was correct.
(d) Sybil is very tiresome.
4. Why doesn't Sybil sleep with her parents anymore?
(a) She is afraid she will be abused.
(b) Out of fear that she will see them having sex.
(c) She feels she is too old to sleep with them.
(d) They have kicked her out of their room.
5. At the age of six, what changes Sybil's life and the rest of the world?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The French War.
6. What does Sybil remain elusive about?
(a) Her true feelings.
(b) Her dreams and goals in life.
(c) Her ability to handle her condition.
(d) Her multiple personalities.
7. What played a role in Sybil's disorder?
(a) Moving to Detriot.
(b) Her family's rules.
(c) Heredity and environment.
(d) Being in New York.
8. After Granny Dorsett died, who takes over Sybil's body when she is not at school?
(c) Peggy Lou.
9. What is currently unclear to Dr. Wilbur?
(a) When Hattie's break from reality occurred.
(b) How Hattie could trick so many people.
(c) How Sybil processes her pain.
(d) Why no one came to Sybil's aid.
10. How old is Sybil in the summer of 1945?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty one years old.
(c) Twenty two years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
11. What did Vicky realize after Danny's departure?
(a) She would have to push through to the surface and control.
(b) She would never have another friend.
(c) She was in love with him.
(d) Danny abandoned Sybil.
12. What is one word to describe Sybil's parents?
13. What do the doctor and patient discuss on the first day?
(a) How she can succeed in life.
(b) Her mother's feelings toward Sybil.
(c) Her absence from school and stressful home life.
(d) The weather.
14. Suddenly Sybil is paralyzed with fear. Why?
(a) Her father beat her.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) She hears her mother's insane laughter.
(d) She has been a bad girl.
15. Hattie is described as _________ ,___________, and __________.
(a) Demanding, domineering, and grotesque.
(b) Sweet, kind, imaginative.
(c) Frightened, alone, scared.
(d) Aloof, crazed, angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peggy tend to appear?
2. How many years of her life has she lost?
3. What does Dr Wilbur encourage Sybil to do?
4. According to the author, children not taught about sex do what?
5. How long did it take the author to write the book?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)