|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unfortunate about Sybil's arrival home?
(a) She has no contact with her friends.
(b) She is missing school.
(c) She misses her boyfriend.
(d) Her grandmother is not their to support her.
2. What does Dr Wilbur encourage Sybil to do?
(a) Return to New York.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Get a new job.
(d) Start a company.
3. What is the name of the author of the book?
(a) Sascha Schreiber.
(b) Flora Rheta Schreiber.
(c) Mary Regan.
(d) Elizabeth Wilbur.
4. Which self attempts to run away from Sybil?
(c) Peggy Lou.
5. When does Peggy tend to appear?
(a) Whenever situations become uncomfortable.
(b) When Sybil wants to have fun.
(c) When Sybil feels childish.
(d) When Sybil meets new people.
6. How does the drug Sybil receives from Dr Wilbur help her condition?
(a) Creates happiness.
(b) Makes her depressed.
(c) Allows her to break with reality.
(d) Releases her anxiety.
7. Why are questions raised about Sybil's life?
(a) Her life seems boring.
(b) Sybil's romantic relationships.
(c) Her life is extremely chaotic.
(d) It seems as though Sybil is lying.
8. How many years of her life has she lost?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
9. The personality of Mary is like what?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A cocky businesswoman.
(c) A slutty school girl.
(d) A matronly woman.
10. What has changed about Hattie?
(a) She dotes on her husband.
(b) She becomes loving.
(c) She becomes catatonic and no longer bothers Sybil.
(d) She dotes on Sybil.
11. After losing some time in the beginning of the section, Sybil is _ and _.
(a) crazed and uncontrollable.
(b) happy and elated.
(c) Confused and disoriented.
(d) angry and misdirected.
12. Why doesn't Sybil sleep with her parents anymore?
(a) They have kicked her out of their room.
(b) She is afraid she will be abused.
(c) She feels she is too old to sleep with them.
(d) Out of fear that she will see them having sex.
13. What horrible things does Hattie do to neighborhood children?
(a) Cuts their hair.
(b) Takes them out for sweet treats.
(c) Turns them against their husband.
(d) Sexually abuses them.
14. How do Vanessa and Marcia inhabit Sybil?
(a) While Vicky is in control.
(c) Only in meetings with Dr. Wilbur.
(d) Right after one another.
15. Dr. Wilbur is convinced that the multiple personalities are all results of ______________.
(a) Always abuse.
(c) Her father's neglect.
(d) Crazy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sybil to cancel her appointment with Dr. Wilbur?
2. Even though Vicky is not always in ascendancy what does she know?
3. How old is Sybil in the summer of 1945?
4. What do the doctor and patient discuss on the first day?
5. Where does Sybil find herself at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)