|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unfortunate about Sybil's arrival home?
(a) She is missing school.
(b) She misses her boyfriend.
(c) Her grandmother is not their to support her.
(d) She has no contact with her friends.
2. What kind of book is Sybil for therapists?
(a) An interview.
(b) A book of fiction.
(c) A case study.
(d) A manual.
3. How does the author think Hattie views sex?
(a) She finds it very pleasurable.
(b) A torture device for Sybil.
(c) As an appropriate thing for children to see.
(d) She only does it to please her husband.
4. For avid readers, what type of book is this?
(a) A narrative.
(b) A science fiction.
(c) A drama.
(d) A novel.
5. With whom does Sybil spend a large amount of her childhood?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) her friends from school.
(c) The Dorsett maid.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Dr. Wilbur think Peggy is to Sybil?
(a) A comfort.
(b) Sybil's expression of anger.
(c) Is a made up figment of Sybil imagination.
(d) An evil part of Sybil.
7. How does Vicky feel about Hattie?
(a) She is terrified by Hattie.
(b) Wants to murder Hattie.
(c) Hate Hattie.
(d) She is not frightened.
8. What does Vanessa dislike about her (Sybil's) parents having sex?
(a) She thinks it is distasteful.
(b) That they are hurting one another.
(c) They preach against intercourse.
(d) The audacity of their actions.
9. How do Vanessa and Marcia inhabit Sybil?
(a) Only in meetings with Dr. Wilbur.
(c) Right after one another.
(d) While Vicky is in control.
10. What played a role in Sybil's disorder?
(a) Being in New York.
(b) Moving to Detriot.
(c) Heredity and environment.
(d) Her family's rules.
11. How was the author able to gain access to the files of Dr. Wilbur?
(a) Sybil gave the author the files.
(b) The hospital where Sybil was treated consented to releasing the files.
(c) She received permission.
(d) She stole the files.
12. What is her father's name?
(a) Willard Dorsett.
(b) Will Dorsett.
(c) Wilbur Dorsett.
(d) William Dorsett.
13. What causes Sybil to cancel her appointment with Dr. Wilbur?
(a) Her husband commands her to stop going.
(b) She wants to go back to college.
(c) She gets pneumonia.
(d) She does not think therapy is for her.
14. What is Willow Corners?
(a) Where Sybil is born.
(b) A small town where the Dorsett's have a vacation home.
(c) Sybil's current home.
(d) A town in London.
15. What is Sybil's mother's name?
(a) Halley Dorsett.
(b) Heather Dorsett.
(c) Hattie Dorsett.
(d) Haby Dorsett.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days have disappeared without her knowledge?
2. Why does Willard summon Sybil home from school when she is performing well?
3. Why are questions raised about Sybil's life?
4. The personality of Mary is like what?
5. Why is Sybil sent home from college?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)