|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the author to write the book?
(a) 10 months.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 years.
2. Outwardly, how does Sybil appear?
(a) A highly functioning young woman.
(b) A beautiful young girl.
(c) A scared person.
(d) A willful soul.
3. Vanessa and Marcia are _______ of Sybil's id and ego.
(a) Distractions to.
(b) Physical manifestations
4. Dr. Wilbur is convinced that the multiple personalities are all results of ______________.
(a) Always abuse.
(c) Her father's neglect.
(d) Crazy people.
5. What is Sybil puzzled by?
(a) That no boys seem to be attracted to her.
(b) How to do her homework.
(c) The issue of time and memory.
(d) Her inability to love other people.
6. Hattie is described as _________ ,___________, and __________.
(a) Aloof, crazed, angry.
(b) Sweet, kind, imaginative.
(c) Frightened, alone, scared.
(d) Demanding, domineering, and grotesque.
7. What does Sybil frequently witness between the ages of 3- 9?
(a) Her parents having sex.
(b) Her parents fighting.
(c) Very violent movies.
(d) Her mother taking a bath.
8. How was the author able to gain access to the files of Dr. Wilbur?
(a) Sybil gave the author the files.
(b) The hospital where Sybil was treated consented to releasing the files.
(c) She received permission.
(d) She stole the files.
9. Why are questions raised about Sybil's life?
(a) It seems as though Sybil is lying.
(b) Her life is extremely chaotic.
(c) Her life seems boring.
(d) Sybil's romantic relationships.
10. After she gets well, why does Sybil feel rejected?
(a) She does not get a new job.
(b) Because Dr. Wilbur has moved away.
(c) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(d) Her parents are not being supportive.
11. What is Willow Corners?
(a) A small town where the Dorsett's have a vacation home.
(b) Where Sybil is born.
(c) Sybil's current home.
(d) A town in London.
12. What can Dr. Wilbur sense?
(a) There is something lurking beneath Sybil's surface.
(b) She is lying about what she is experiencing.
(c) Sybil will never open up.
(d) Sybil is scared to tell the truth for fear of her parents.
13. What does Vicky have trouble comprehending about Hattie's expression during intercourse with her husband?
(a) How Hattie feels.
(b) If Hattie hates her.
(c) Expressions of pain or estacy.
(d) If Hattie wishes to leave.
14. Why does Hattie call her daughter Peggy Lou or Peggy Ann?
(a) She never liked the name Sybil.
(b) She had another daughter named Peggy.
(c) She forgets Sybil's name.
(d) She wishes Sybil was someone else.
15. What does Sybil realize about her time with Dr. Wilbur?
(a) It is tedious.
(b) Spending time with the doctor is difficult.
(c) She will be able to reveal all ger secrets!
(d) She thinks she will never be able to tell the doctor about her true self.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sybil spend a large amount of her childhood?
2. What is currently unclear to Dr. Wilbur?
3. What doesn't Sybil's mother accept about her daughter's life?
4. What does Dr. Wilbur give Sybil?
5. Why does three-year-old self, Ruthie, resent Willard?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)