|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alec leaves Richard, where does Richard believe he's gone?
(a) To another lover in the slums.
(b) To the courts to plead for Richard's life.
(c) Back among the rich.
(d) Out of the country.
2. Who knocks Michael out after the duel?
(b) Lord Horn.
(c) A group of thugs.
(d) A disguised woman.
3. How does Richard taste the drug Alec has been taking?
(a) In Alec's food.
(b) On Alec's lips.
(c) In Alec's glass.
(d) On Alec's arm.
4. Who does Lord Ferris say Lord Horn claimed to be?
(a) Michael Godwin's father.
(b) Richard's father.
(c) Alec's father.
(d) An imposter to the nobility.
5. Who accepts Richard's challenge against Michael?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Alec go to?
2. What does Lord Horn offer Richard, when Richard breaks into his house?
3. Who does Basil rely on to bring in Richard?
4. Does Richard admit to killing Lord Horn at his trial?
5. Where is Richard when he receives the message from Alec about his kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his meeting with the Duchess, what does Richard learn about the betting about him?
2. How do the men who capture Richard incapacitate him?
3. How does the Duchess act toward Michael?
4. Where does Richard meet Katherine after the trial?
5. What is Richard and Alec's last night together like?
6. What does the Duchess tell Katherine after Alec injures himself?
7. What does the Duchess tell Alec about Richard and their relationship after Richard has left?
8. How does Lord Horn respond to Alec?
9. What happens at the beginning of the formal inquiry into Lord Horn's death?
10. What letter do the kidnappers ask Alec to write to Richard?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)