|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Michael when he wakes after being knocked unconscious?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) In an empty room.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In a back alley.
2. Who reads the note that Richard receives?
(b) The messenger.
3. Who knocks on Richard's door with the news that Lord Horn's swordsmen are dead?
(b) A messenger.
4. What does Katherine tell Richard when she meets him at the tavern?
(a) She needs his help to save Alec from trouble.
(b) She wants to help him find Alec.
(c) She wants to run away with him.
(d) She wants to protect him from noblemen like Lord Ferris.
5. What does Lord Horn offer Richard, when Richard breaks into his house?
(a) A powerful position.
(d) A favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess believe that Michael wants?
2. Does Richard agree to the kidnappers' demands?
3. What does Alec say about the Duchess's part in Lord Ferris's plan to kill Basil?
4. What happens when Lord Ferris tries to visit the Duchess?
5. Where does Richard go to find Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of the formal inquiry into Lord Horn's death?
2. How do Alec and Richard react to Lord Horn lying at the trial?
3. What letter do the kidnappers ask Alec to write to Richard?
4. How does Lord Horn feel when he finds Richard has broken into his house?
5. Where does Richard meet Katherine after the trial?
6. For what reason does Richard claim he killed Lord Horn?
7. How does Lord Horn respond to Alec?
8. What does Richard say about the death of Lord Horn's swordsmen?
9. What allows Richard to win the duel in Chapter 16?
10. During his meeting with the Duchess, what does Richard learn about the betting about him?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)