|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katherine tell Richard to come with her?
(a) To a disused cottage on the Hill.
(b) To Richard's landlady's home.
(c) To a house in the Old Market.
(d) Into the street to talk privately.
2. Where does Alec take Richard after his trial?
(a) To a tavern.
(b) To theTremontaine estate.
(c) To Lord Ferris's estate.
(d) To his rented room in Riverside.
3. What does Katherine say to Richard about the ambush?
(a) She apologizes for leading him into the ambush.
(b) She claims she didn't know he was going to be ambushed.
(c) She says the ambush was his own fault.
(d) She is proud of leading him into the ambush.
4. What does Alec say about the Duchess's part in Lord Ferris's plan to kill Basil?
(a) She was behind the plot.
(b) She was lured into the plot by Lord Ferris.
(c) She had no part in it.
(d) She was participating in the plot unknowingly.
5. When Alec leaves Richard, where does Richard believe he's gone?
(a) To another lover in the slums.
(b) Back among the rich.
(c) Out of the country.
(d) To the courts to plead for Richard's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess believe that Michael wants?
2. Why do Hugo and Ginnie tell Richard not to go to the performance?
3. Who does Katherine meet at Rosalie's Tavern?
4. Who did the Duchess hire to challenge the Duke of Karleigh?
5. What does Katherine tell Richard when she meets him at the tavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard and Alec's last night together like?
2. How does the Duchess see her relationship with Lord Ferris?
3. Why does Lord Ferris want to see Richard after he is captured?
4. How does Basil Halliday react to the news of Lord Horn's death?
5. What allows Richard to win the duel in Chapter 16?
6. What is Ginnie's reaction to the death of Lord Horn's swordsmen?
7. For what reason does Richard claim he killed Lord Horn?
8. How do Alec and Richard react to Lord Horn lying at the trial?
9. What does the Duchess tell Katherine after Alec injures himself?
10. What does Katherine think she recognizes about Alec?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)