|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wealthy people on the river throw to each other during the Duchess's festivities?
(c) Strings of beads.
2. Who does Lord Horn ask Richard to kill in a letter?
(a) Lord Halliday.
(c) Lord Ferris.
(d) The Duchess.
3. Why does Ferris want to go help with the rebellion?
(a) To become a hero for creating stability in the land.
(b) So that the rebellious weavers won't attack his house.
(c) To take credit for Basil's ability to make peace with the rebels.
(d) So he can appear to be Basil's ally.
4. Where is the Three Keys Tavern located?
(a) In the center of The Hill.
(b) In the center of Riverside.
(c) Between Riverside and the Old Market.
(d) Between Riverside and The Hill.
5. Where has Lord Ferris promised Katherine she won't have to go again?
(a) The Hill.
(b) Outside his home.
(c) His bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the duel where the swordsmen are killed take place?
2. What does the Duchess give to the man Michael believes she is having an affair with?
3. Where does the Duchess invite her guests after the party?
4. What is Katherine's current profession?
5. How many terms has Lady Halliday's husband served in the Council of Lords?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Richard tell Ginnie to thank, and why?
2. Why is it ill-advised for Lord Horn to send the letter he sends to Richard?
3. How does Lord Horn end up angry at Michael during the Duchess's party?
4. What does Richard tell Katherine about Alec's background?
5. Describe the job that Richard is approached with in Chapter 8.
6. What happens when Alec wakes Richard during the night, after Richard's meeting with Katherine?
7. What does Ginnie Vandall think of Richard's performance in the sword fight?
8. What is the conflict between Lord Basil Halliday and Lord Karleigh?
9. What explanation does Lord Ferris give Katherine for asking her to stay with himself, Lord Horn, and Basil?
10. What is Michael's relationship with Vincent Applethorpe?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)