|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard practice his swordsmanship?
(a) Against the wall.
(b) Against a coatrack.
(c) Against a bedpost.
(d) Against a window.
2. Where does St. Vier go after the duel?
(a) Out of the country.
(b) To his rented home in Riverside.
(c) To the council building.
(d) To the home of a prominent lord.
3. Who does Michael tell that he is practicing sword fighting?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lord Horn.
4. Who tries to talk to Alec on the street on the night of the Duchess's party?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A group of prostitutes.
(c) Two old homeless men.
(d) Some university students.
5. What is Basil's position on swordsmen's right to refuse a job?
(a) He approves of it.
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
(c) He disapproves of it.
(d) He disapproves of swordsmen in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insults Hugo?
2. Who does Michael meet and sleep with, when he stands up his lover?
3. Which position is more powerful, Dragon Chancellor or Crescent Chancellor?
4. How does Alec react to Richard's present?
5. How does Richard kill Brent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Michael overhears between Michael's casual male lover and the woman Michael has just slept with.
2. Why is the idea of becoming a swordsman a joke for Michael?
3. How does Richard reply to Lord Horn's letter?
4. Who does Richard tell Ginnie to thank, and why?
5. How does Richard describe his relationship with Alec to Katherine?
6. Why doesn't it matter what Michael is wearing at the Duchess's party?
7. Who do Richard and Alec meet as they watch the party, and what does this person tell Richard?
8. What does Richard say after he kills Brent?
9. How does the Duchess act toward Michael during the party?
10. How does Michael respond to Applethorpe asking him to put more effort into his swordsman training?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)