|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and Alec go out, what does Alec say they need to buy?
2. How do the guests at the gathering react to Richard St. Vier's arrival?
(a) They are delighted.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are frightened.
3. How did Applethorpe lose his arm?
(a) Falling off a cliff.
(b) In a street accident.
(c) In a swordfight.
(d) In an act of revenge for killing someone in a duel.
4. Who insults Hugo?
5. Where has Lord Ferris promised Katherine she won't have to go again?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The Hill.
(d) Outside his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess's barge look like?
2. What weapon does the woman who is accosted by a drunk in the Three Keys Tavern have to defend herself with?
3. How has Alec lost most of his money?
4. Who is last to arrive at the Duchess's barge for the party?
5. What does Hugo do after he's insulted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Lord Ferris ask Katherine to send to Richard?
2. How does Lord Horn end up angry at Michael during the Duchess's party?
3. Why is it ill-advised for Lord Horn to send the letter he sends to Richard?
4. What does Ginnie Vandall think of Richard's performance in the sword fight?
5. Who do Richard and Alec meet as they watch the party, and what does this person tell Richard?
6. What is the conflict between Lord Basil Halliday and Lord Karleigh?
7. What does Richard say after he kills Brent?
8. What is Michael's relationship with Vincent Applethorpe?
9. Why is the idea of becoming a swordsman a joke for Michael?
10. How does Michael respond to Applethorpe asking him to put more effort into his swordsman training?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)