|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does the court give Lord Ferris?
(a) They send him away to a foreign land as an ambassador.
(b) They assign him to a position on a ship that will be at sea for years.
(c) They send him to prison but with possibility of parole.
(d) They send him to prison with no possibility of release.
2. Whose house does Alec go to?
(a) Lord Horn's.
(b) The Duchess's.
(c) Lord Halliday's.
(d) Lord Ferris's.
3. What does Lord Ferris say about the House of Tremontaine after his plot is revealed?
(a) He apologizes for misrepresenting them.
(b) He claims that they have mislead him.
(c) He accuses them of treachery against Basil.
(d) He claims that they undermine the institution of nobility.
4. Who accepts Richard's challenge against Michael?
(d) No one.
5. What does the Duchess's servant invite Richard to join the Duchess in drinking?
(a) Hot chocolate.
6. What is Alec doing when Richard returns home, after going out?
(a) Burning pages of a book.
(c) Drawing on the walls.
7. What is the first injury Richard inflicts on Lord Horn?
(a) He cuts Lord Horn's arm.
(b) He cuts Lord Horn's stomach.
(c) He cuts Lord Horn's throat.
(d) He cuts Lord Horn's face.
8. How does Lord Ferris react when he recognizes Alec?
(a) He feels that he can undermine Alec's reputation.
(b) He feels that he has been betrayed by Alec.
(c) He feels that he is caught.
(d) He feels that he has been betrayed by the Duchess.
9. Who is allowed to see Richard when he is imprisoned?
(a) No one.
(b) Only Lord Ferris.
(c) Only Lord Halliday.
(d) Only the Duchess.
10. What makes Richard curious enough to follow Michael?
(a) Michael's way of walking.
(b) Michael's physique.
(c) Michael's clothes.
(d) Michael's sword.
11. How much longer does Applethorpe think Michael needs to train to be ready to fight?
(a) A week or two.
(b) A year or two.
(c) Applethorpe thinks he's ready.
(d) A month or two.
12. What happened to the lead performer, during an early performance of the entertainment?
(a) He was framed and sent to jail.
(b) He was replaced by a conniving understudy.
(c) He was attacked and killed by the audience.
(d) He was killed while fencing on stage.
13. Does Richard tell Michael who ordered the challenge?
(a) No, he refuses to tell Michael anything.
(b) Yes, but in clouded hints.
(c) Yes, he tells Michael the truth.
(d) No, he lies to Michael.
14. What does Katherine tell Richard when she meets him at the tavern?
(a) She needs his help to save Alec from trouble.
(b) She wants to protect him from noblemen like Lord Ferris.
(c) She wants to help him find Alec.
(d) She wants to run away with him.
15. When Alec is kidnapped, where is he taken?
(a) The Duchess's barge.
(b) A warehouse in the market district.
(c) The back room of a tavern.
(d) Lord Horn's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Alec when he leaves the theater?
2. What is Michael's reaction to Richard killing Lord Horn?
3. What does Alec do when he realizes he's being followed?
4. Who does Lord Ferris want to meet with, after he hears that Michael has left town?
5. Who reads the note that Richard receives?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)