|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Lord Ferris tries to visit the Duchess?
(a) He is admistted but the Duchess refuses to converse with him.
(b) He is refused admittance.
(c) He is welcomed by the Duchess.
(d) He is admitted, but no one is home.
2. What entertainment does Alec prod Richard into coming to, in Chapter 14?
(a) An opera.
(b) A ballet.
(c) A play.
(d) A circus.
3. When Ferris and Lord Horn speak privately, what does Ferris tell Lord Horn?
(a) He warns Lord Horn to beware of Richard.
(b) He warns Lord Horn to stay away from the Duchess.
(c) He congratulates Lord Horn for his success with Alec.
(d) He congratulates Lord Horn for his success with the Duchess.
4. When Alec leaves Richard, where does Richard believe he's gone?
(a) Out of the country.
(b) To another lover in the slums.
(c) To the courts to plead for Richard's life.
(d) Back among the rich.
5. How does the Duchess feel toward Lord Ferris during chapter 19?
6. When Alec is kidnapped, where is he taken?
(a) Lord Horn's estate.
(b) A warehouse in the market district.
(c) The back room of a tavern.
(d) The Duchess's barge.
7. Who accepts Richard's challenge against Michael?
(b) No one.
8. Where do Alec and Richard sit for the performance?
(a) Hidden in the back.
(b) Near the door.
(c) In prominent seats.
(d) In the low-cost seats at the far side.
9. How does Alec react to Richard killing Lord Horn?
(a) He's sad.
(b) He's frightened of Richard.
(c) He's angry.
(d) He's happy.
10. Who is Katherine working for at the end of the novel?
(a) No one.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lord Halliday.
(d) Lord Ferris.
11. Why do Hugo and Ginnie tell Richard not to go to the performance?
(a) It is supposed to be bad luck for swordmen.
(b) It is supposed to be boring.
(c) It is supposed to be haunted.
(d) It is supposed to be awful.
12. What is the name of the drug that Alex is on?
(a) Fool's Delight.
(b) Stooge's Nectar.
(c) Exquisite Folly.
(d) Dunce's Wine.
13. What is the first injury Richard inflicts on Lord Horn?
(a) He cuts Lord Horn's arm.
(b) He cuts Lord Horn's face.
(c) He cuts Lord Horn's stomach.
(d) He cuts Lord Horn's throat.
14. Does Richard tell Michael who ordered the challenge?
(a) No, he lies to Michael.
(b) Yes, but in clouded hints.
(c) No, he refuses to tell Michael anything.
(d) Yes, he tells Michael the truth.
15. What is Michael's reaction to Richard killing Lord Horn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Michael been hiding out?
2. What does Basil Halliday think about the nobility's power?
3. What is Alec's attitude toward being the Duchess's heir?
4. Who arrives at the performance during intermission?
5. How does Richard respond to his friends who don't want him to see the performance?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)