|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Alec go to?
(a) Lord Ferris's.
(b) Lord Horn's.
(c) The Duchess's.
(d) Lord Halliday's.
2. What is the name of the drug that Alex is on?
(a) Fool's Delight.
(b) Stooge's Nectar.
(c) Dunce's Wine.
(d) Exquisite Folly.
3. Back at his apartment, where does Richard lie down for a nap?
(a) The bed where he and Alec used to lay together.
(b) The chair where Alec used to nap.
(c) The floor where Alec used to play with the kitten.
(d) The couch where Alec used to read.
4. What does the Duchess ask Michael to do, to be safe from Lord Horn?
(a) Leave for a few weeks.
(b) Have Lorn Horn killed.
(c) Challenge Lord Horn to a duel.
(d) Have Lord Horn arrested.
5. Who does Lord Ferris say Lord Horn claimed to be?
(a) Michael Godwin's father.
(b) An imposter to the nobility.
(c) Richard's father.
(d) Alec's father.
6. What does the Duchess believe that Michael wants?
7. Where has Michael been hiding out?
(a) In a foreign land.
(b) On a ship at sea.
(c) With the country nobility.
(d) In a monastery on a mountain.
8. How does Richard respond to his friends who don't want him to see the performance?
(a) He gets angry at them.
(b) He laughs at them.
(c) He thinks they are joking.
(d) He is worried by their concerns.
9. Who knocks Michael out after the duel?
(a) A group of thugs.
(b) A disguised woman.
(c) Lord Horn.
10. What kind of party does the Duchess hold in Chapter 19?
(a) A tea party.
(b) A bocce party.
(c) A tennis party.
(d) A croquet party.
11. What possibility does Lord Ferris hold over Katherine's head?
(a) His ability to have her killed.
(b) His ability to turn her out into the street.
(c) His ability to prosecute her for past crimes.
(d) His ability to prosecute her lover for past crimes.
12. How does Ginnie react to Richard's decision about the kidnappers' demands?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is suprised.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is sad.
13. Why did the Duchess want Richard brought to court?
(a) To remove suspicion from Richard.
(b) To convict and hang Richard.
(c) To clear the Tremontaine name.
(d) To bring Lord Ferris to justice.
14. What does Alec think Richard should have for the performance?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A manicure.
(d) A new hat.
15. What does Richard climb and hide in while he breaks into Lord Horn's house?
(a) Ornate statuary.
(b) Decorative plants.
(c) Delicately carved walls.
(d) Ancient oak trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec do when he realizes he's being followed?
2. Does Richard admit to killing Lord Horn at his trial?
3. Who knocks on Richard's door with the news that Lord Horn's swordsmen are dead?
4. How does Lord Ferris react when he recognizes Alec?
5. What does Ferris worry will happen to Richard?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)