|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Michael when he wakes after being knocked unconscious?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) In an empty room.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In a back alley.
2. How does the Duchess feel toward Lord Ferris during chapter 19?
3. Where is Richard when he receives the message from Alec about his kidnapping?
(a) The theater.
(b) Rosalie's Tavern.
(c) His home.
(d) The Old Market.
4. How does Lord Ferris react when he recognizes Alec?
(a) He feels that he can undermine Alec's reputation.
(b) He feels that he is caught.
(c) He feels that he has been betrayed by the Duchess.
(d) He feels that he has been betrayed by Alec.
5. Whose home is Michael brought to after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) Lord Horn's.
(c) Duchess Tremontaine's.
(d) His own.
6. When Alec is kidnapped, where is he taken?
(a) A warehouse in the market district.
(b) Lord Horn's estate.
(c) The Duchess's barge.
(d) The back room of a tavern.
7. What is the Duchess's relationship to Alec?
(a) She is his grandmother.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his older sister.
(d) She is his mother.
8. Who knocks on Richard's door with the news that Lord Horn's swordsmen are dead?
(a) A messenger.
9. What is Alec's mood when he returns home?
10. What does Richard do when the Duchess offers him a ruby ring?
(a) He takes it and puts it in his pocket.
(b) He takes it and puts it on his finger.
(c) He throws it into the fire.
(d) He tells her to give it to Alec.
11. Who does Lord Ferris say Lord Horn claimed to be?
(a) Alec's father.
(b) An imposter to the nobility.
(c) Michael Godwin's father.
(d) Richard's father.
12. What does the Duchess ask Michael to do, to be safe from Lord Horn?
(a) Have Lord Horn arrested.
(b) Have Lorn Horn killed.
(c) Leave for a few weeks.
(d) Challenge Lord Horn to a duel.
13. What does Lord Ferris say about the House of Tremontaine after his plot is revealed?
(a) He claims that they have mislead him.
(b) He accuses them of treachery against Basil.
(c) He apologizes for misrepresenting them.
(d) He claims that they undermine the institution of nobility.
14. Who reads the note that Richard receives?
(d) The messenger.
15. Who does Katherine meet at Rosalie's Tavern?
(b) Lord Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does the court give Lord Ferris?
2. Does Richard tell Michael who ordered the challenge?
3. What is the first injury Richard inflicts on Lord Horn?
4. Does Richard admit to killing Lord Horn at his trial?
5. Does Lord Ferris recognize Alec when he sees him at the Duchess's?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)