|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the party the Duchess invites Basil and Mary to in honor of?
(a) A historic battle.
(b) A homecoming.
(c) An anniversary.
(d) A birthday.
2. Where does the Duchess invite Basil and Mary?
(a) To a luncheon in the town hall.
(b) To a picnic on her barge.
(c) To an outing to a local castle.
(d) To a dance in her home.
3. What do the commoners do on the night of the Duchess's party?
(a) Watch the festivities from the river bank.
(b) Have their own party in the slums.
(c) Break into the homes of the rich while they're away.
(d) Cause a riot in the Old Market.
4. Who is last to arrive at the Duchess's barge for the party?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lord Horn.
(d) Lord Ferris.
5. When he hears about the rebellion, when does Basil want to go and deal with the revolt?
(c) In a day or two.
(d) After a good night's sleep.
6. Who lives in Riverside?
(a) The immigrants.
(b) The impoverished.
(c) The minority political party.
(d) The artists.
7. Who wins, when Appethorpe spars with Michael in Chapter 11?
(a) Michael, easily.
(b) Michael, but with difficulty.
(c) Applethorpe, but with difficulty.
(d) Applethorpe, easily.
8. What weapon does the woman who is accosted by a drunk in the Three Keys Tavern have to defend herself with?
(a) Brass knuckles.
(b) A large club.
(c) A whip.
(d) A large knife.
9. What causes Richard to stop practicing his swordsmanship?
(a) Alec complains that Richard is ignoring him.
(b) Richard realizes that he is damaging his sword.
(c) The neighbors complain about the noise.
(d) The landlady complains that Richard is ruining the room.
10. When does Michael say he will meet Lord Horn next?
(a) At his house the next night.
(b) At a sword fight.
(c) At the Duchess's party.
(d) At the council meeting.
11. What does Lord Ferris hope to gain after Basil is killed?
(a) His position as Crescent Chancellor.
(c) His money and estate.
(d) His wife.
12. Why does Ferris invite Basil to dinner?
(a) To poison Basil.
(b) To pretend to be Basil's ally.
(c) To be able to spend time with Basil's wife.
(d) To gather information about Basil's life.
13. What does Katherine give Richard to wear at his next meeting, so his contact will recognize him?
(a) A glove.
(b) A ring.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A scarf.
14. Where do Richard and Alec decide to go together?
(a) The park.
(b) The Hill.
(c) The city hall.
(d) The Old Market.
15. Why does Ferris want to go help with the rebellion?
(a) So that the rebellious weavers won't attack his house.
(b) To take credit for Basil's ability to make peace with the rebels.
(c) To become a hero for creating stability in the land.
(d) So he can appear to be Basil's ally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lord Horn ask Richard to kill in a letter?
2. Which position is more powerful, Dragon Chancellor or Crescent Chancellor?
3. What group begins a revolt?
4. Who complains to Richard after he kills Brent?
5. Who lives on the Hill?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)