1. Who lives on the Hill?
2. What is most important to the high society in the novel?
3. How many swordsman are killed, as the novel begins?
4. Where does the duel where the swordsmen are killed take place?
5. Who lives in Riverside?
6. Who is holding the gathering which Richard St. Vier shows up to at the beginning of the novel?
7. How do the guests at the gathering react to Richard St. Vier's arrival?
8. Where does St. Vier go after the duel?
This section contains 4,744 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)