|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Godwin's son Michael's reaction to his mother's conversation with Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine?
(a) He is fascinated.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is sad.
2. What are the revolting workers doing?
(a) Starting fires.
(b) Looting noblemens' homes.
(c) Gathering in the streets and chanting.
(d) Gathering weapons for an attack.
3. What causes Richard to stop practicing his swordsmanship?
(a) Richard realizes that he is damaging his sword.
(b) Alec complains that Richard is ignoring him.
(c) The landlady complains that Richard is ruining the room.
(d) The neighbors complain about the noise.
4. Who is holding the gathering which Richard St. Vier shows up to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Duchess Tremontaine.
(b) Lady Halliday.
(c) Lord Karleigh.
(d) Lord Horn.
5. Who do people suspect hired de Maris and Lynch?
(a) St. Vier.
(b) Lord Karleigh.
(c) Duchess Tremontaine.
(d) Lord Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine give to Richard?
2. How has Alec lost most of his money?
3. Over what meal do Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine discuss the duel?
4. What causes Michael to change his mind about sleeping with Lord Horn?
5. How does Richard kill Brent?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)