|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alec react to Richard's present?
(a) He is not pleased.
(b) He is openly ecstatic.
(c) He is secretly thrilled.
(d) He is completely indifferent.
2. Where does the Duchess invite her guests after the party?
(a) To the council chambers.
(b) To her house.
(c) To a midnight picnic in the field.
(d) To the town square.
3. Who is Michael Godwin having an affair with?
(a) Lord Halliday.
(b) Lord Horn.
(c) Richard St. Vier.
(d) Bertram Rossilion.
4. Where does the Duchess invite Basil and Mary?
(a) To an outing to a local castle.
(b) To a luncheon in the town hall.
(c) To a dance in her home.
(d) To a picnic on her barge.
5. What does Basil say he considers Lord Ferris to be?
(a) Right-minded and ideological.
(b) Clever and neutral.
(c) Honest and strong-willed.
(d) Thoughtful and humble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many swordsman are killed, as the novel begins?
2. Who lives in Riverside?
3. Who insults Hugo?
4. Where do Richard and Alec decide to go together?
5. What is the party the Duchess invites Basil and Mary to in honor of?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)