|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard go up to the Hill at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To get paid for a duel.
(b) To go to a funeral.
(c) To go to a party.
(d) To find a new client.
2. Why does Basil return home early?
(a) To go out to a party.
(b) To keep an appointment with a decorator.
(c) To spend time with his wife.
(d) To work on his book.
3. Where does St. Vier go after the duel?
(a) To the council building.
(b) To the home of a prominent lord.
(c) Out of the country.
(d) To his rented home in Riverside.
4. How does Michael feel about the Duchess?
(a) He hates her for being superficial.
(b) He is jealous of her.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He is attracted by her.
5. What causes Richard to stop practicing his swordsmanship?
(a) The landlady complains that Richard is ruining the room.
(b) Richard realizes that he is damaging his sword.
(c) The neighbors complain about the noise.
(d) Alec complains that Richard is ignoring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Richard and Alec hoping to find, when they go out?
2. What is Lady Godwin's son Michael's reaction to his mother's conversation with Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine?
3. Over what meal do Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine discuss the duel?
4. Who tries to talk to Alec on the street on the night of the Duchess's party?
5. Who is holding the gathering which Richard St. Vier shows up to at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)