|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what meal do Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine discuss the duel?
2. How does Michael leave, after his illicit meeting with a woman associated with his lover?
(a) Through a back door.
(b) Through a secret tunnel.
(c) Through the basement.
(d) Through the window.
3. How does Michael feel about the Duchess?
(a) He hates her for being superficial.
(b) He is irritated by her.
(c) He is attracted by her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
4. Why does Richard go up to the Hill at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) To go to a party.
(b) To get paid for a duel.
(c) To go to a funeral.
(d) To find a new client.
5. Who is last to arrive at the Duchess's barge for the party?
(a) Lord Ferris.
(b) The Duchess.
(d) Lord Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Richard to stop practicing his swordsmanship?
2. Why does Basil return home early?
3. What do the commoners do on the night of the Duchess's party?
4. What change does Michael see in himself, once he begins practicing sword fighting?
5. How many terms has Lady Halliday's husband served in the Council of Lords?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)