|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is last to arrive at the Duchess's barge for the party?
(a) Lord Ferris.
(b) Lord Horn.
(d) The Duchess.
2. What is Lady Godwin's son Michael's reaction to his mother's conversation with Lady Mary Halliday and Duchess Tremontaine?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is fascinated.
(d) He is sad.
3. What are Richard and Alec hoping to find, when they go out?
(b) A party.
(c) Some food.
(d) A fight.
4. What happens to Lord Karleigh after the duel?
(a) He locks himself up in his house.
(b) He suddenly has a lot of money.
(c) He disappears without explanation.
(d) He begins bragging about being responsible for the duel.
5. Who lives on the Hill?
(a) The military.
(b) The outcasts.
(c) The merchant class.
(d) The aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most important to the high society in the novel?
2. What time of day is it when Richard wakes at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Where does the duel where the swordsmen are killed take place?
4. What does the Duchess's barge look like?
5. Where does the Duchess invite her guests after the party?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)