|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Richard to stop practicing his swordsmanship?
(a) Richard realizes that he is damaging his sword.
(b) Alec complains that Richard is ignoring him.
(c) The neighbors complain about the noise.
(d) The landlady complains that Richard is ruining the room.
2. Who is holding the gathering which Richard St. Vier shows up to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lord Horn.
(b) Lady Halliday.
(c) Duchess Tremontaine.
(d) Lord Karleigh.
3. Who lives on the Hill?
(a) The military.
(b) The outcasts.
(c) The merchant class.
(d) The aristocracy.
4. What does the Duchess's barge look like?
(a) A fish.
(b) A swan.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A leaf.
5. Who does Michael meet and sleep with, when he stands up his lover?
(a) He meets his lover's girlfriend.
(b) He meets his lover's wife.
(c) He meets his lover's handmaid.
(d) He meets his lover's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the commoners do on the night of the Duchess's party?
2. Who lives in Riverside?
3. Why does Basil return home early?
4. How did Applethorpe lose his arm?
5. What are Richard and Alec hoping to find, when they go out?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)