|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 3 of Middle Passage, how long did it take the narrator to research what she wanted to know in the headmaster's office?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) More than an hour.
(c) About 2 hours.
(d) 90 minutes.
2. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 11 of Middle Passage, what language did Carrapichano speak?
3. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 4, Middle Passage, how old was the narrator?
(a) Nearly 13.
(b) Almost 12.
4. In Part 6, Chapter 2 of Day and Night, who was beaten by soldiers?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A Tablighi.
(d) An epileptic.
5. In Middle Passage, Part 4, Chapter 3, how many children were waiting under a mango tree for Aimee to arrive?
(b) At least 100.
(d) About 75.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Night and Day, Part 5, Chapter 3, what time did the narrator usually awake?
2. At the end of Night and Day, Part 5, Chapter 3, how many chairs are set up?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 7 of Middle Passage, what actress did the narrator see first in Ali Baba?
4. Where did the woman live in the winter who helped build the cafe in Day and Night Part 6, Chapter 4?
5. In Day and Night Part 6, Chapter 4, how long did Aimee have no meetings with anyone but Judy after an affair with a producer broke up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Night and Day Chapter 2, who did the narrator see Louie with?
2. In Chapter 7 of Day and Night, why did the narrator burn Tracey's letter?
3. In Chapter 1 of Day and Night, what did the narrator say about getting into college?
4. In Chapter 1 of Night and Day, what was the narrator's father's life like?
5. In Chapter 8 of Middle Passage, what was the house like where Aimee stayed?
6. In Chapter 4 of Middle Passage, how did authority shift between the narrator and her mother?
7. In Chapter 6 of Day and Night, when did Lamin first appear publicly with Aimee?
8. In Chapter 12 of Middle Passage, where did the narrator see Tracey, and how did the narrator and her mother help her?
9. In Chapter 5 of Day and Night, what was the narrator's first job after college?
10. In Chapter 6 of Middle Passage, how was the trip to the village different from what the narrator had experienced before Aimee arrived?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)