|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Night and Day, Part 5, Chapter 4, where did the narrator and her father see Tracey?
(a) Bexley station.
(b) King's Cross station.
(c) Greenwich station.
(d) Sutton station.
2. In Day and Night Part 6, Chapter 3, when did the narrator move back to London?
3. In Day and Night Part 6, Chapter 3, when did the Noted Activist buy his flat?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 6, Night and Day, how much money was missing from Miss Isabel's cash boxes?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) About 400 pounds.
(c) Almost 300 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
5. In Night and Day, Part 5, Chapter 5, what type of ice is being served at the party?
(a) Lemon ice.
(b) Mango ice.
(c) Pineapple ice.
(d) Orange ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Middle Passage, Part 4, Chapter 3, how many children were waiting under a mango tree for Aimee to arrive?
2. In Middle Passage, Part 4, Chapter 3, what was the temperature as the narrator waited for a ferry?
3. In Day and Night, Part 6, Chapter 1, what was the narrator studying at college?
4. After the community center was destroyed, where did the narrator's mother hold community meetings?
5. In Day and Night, Part 6, Chapter 1, how far was the university the narrator attended from the English Channel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9 of Middle Passage, how would the narrator and her mother spend their Saturdays?
2. In Chapter 2 of Day and Night, what was a year off?
3. In Chapter 11 of Middle Passage, who was Hawa?
4. In Chapter 5 of Day and Night, where did Tracey and the narrator meet and what did Tracey suggest?
5. In Night and Day Chapter 2, who did the narrator see Louie with?
6. In Chapter 8 of Middle Passage, what was the house like where Aimee stayed?
7. In chapter 6 of Night and Day, why did Miss Isobel come to visit the narrator and her mother?
8. In Chapter 2 of Middle Passage, what were age mates and how did they help Lamin?
9. In Chapter 6 of Day and Night, when did Lamin first appear publicly with Aimee?
10. In Chapter 7 of Day and Night, why did the narrator burn Tracey's letter?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)