|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Savukshaw's secret?
2. What plan does Boman have to evict the paying guests?
3. What is the only thing Jehangir's father has to say about Jehangir's relationship with the girl from college?
4. In "Exercisers," what do Jehangir's parents want Bhagwan Baba to decide about?
5. Why doesn't Percy want to return to Bombay when Kersi returns for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Khorshedbai's husband, Ardesar, does not question his wife's disgusting actions against the landlord?
2. What problem does Boman have with taking Mr Karani's advice to not take in paying guests?
3. Why does Jehangir stop going to the Hanging Gardens?
4. What does Sarosh's troubles in Toronto really reflect upon?
5. Why does Kersi want to cry at the end of the story, "Of White Hairs and Cricket?"
6. Why does Kersi remember the word ghati with shame?
7. How does Daddy react when Kersi puts down the tweezers and goes to read to comics?
8. In "Of White Hairs and Cricket," why does Daddy have Kersi pulling the white hairs out of his head?
9. In "The Paying Guests," why does Khorshedbai feel she is justified in leaving garbage spread around the veranda?
10. What is it about Jamshed's letter to Kersi that disturbs Kersi so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the general tone of the story, "Of White Hairs and Cricket?" How does the author convey this tone and why?
Essay Topic 2
What does the murder of Navjeet symbolize to Percy, Kersi and Jamshed, respectively?
Essay Topic 3
Based upon the first story, "Auspicious Occasion," describe in detail the Firozsha Baag apartment complex and its inhabitants. What are the apartments like? How do the tenants interact?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)