|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jaakaylee ring the doorbell after the midnight mass?
2. What does Mrs. Mody offer to Jehangir after Dr Mody's death?
3. What does Dr. Mody eagerly show Jehangir on Sunday morning?
4. Where do the bai and seth go when they leave Jaakaylee to watch the children for the first time?
5. What volunteer organization does Rustomji have good remembrances of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Behram roje such an important date for Mehroo?
2. Why does Daulat refuse a gift of a portable tape recorder from her nephew Sarosh?
3. What are Rustomji's feelings toward their gunga, Gajra?
4. In "One Sunday," what does Tehmina think of the Boyce's use of Najamai's fridge?
5. When and why does the bhoot stop the visits to Jaakaylee?
6. What leads Tehmina to believe that Francis is much stronger than his slight body build shows?
7. What does Daulat do to disobey the usual custom after one's spouse dies?
8. Why, when the Firozsha Baag gets a new paint job, is the exterior of every flat painted except Rustomji's?
9. Before Najamai purchased her fridge, how did Tehmina acquire the ice she needed?
10. How does Mrs. Mody feel about Jehangir's visits to her home on Sunday mornings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why, in the story "One Sunday," Kersi becomes so upset at the thought of using his cricket bat to commit violence on a person? Visit other parts of the story that involve the use of the bat to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways in which Daulat, from "Condolence Visit," begins to move away from the traditional ways of dealing with death. Examine what makes her methods of dealing with the loss of her husband difficult to deal with, for both herself and others.
Essay Topic 3
How is "Squatter" considered to be a story-within-a-story? What are the elements of this story that belie its complexities?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)