|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vera?
2. What does Najamai smell in her kitchen upon returning to it after the theft?
3. What does Kersi read to cure himself of the blues?
4. What nickname does Pesi's ability to break wind at will earn him?
5. How many sections is the story,"The Collectors" divided into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stops the neighborhood children from making fun of Jaakaylee's visions of a ghost?
2. When Daulat wishes she had accepted Sarosh's gift of a portable tape recorder, what does she think she could have used it for?
3. What specially-made recording does Daulat imagine she would have made for Nasjamai if she had the tape recorder?
4. What do Kersi's parents think of the friendship between Kersi and Francis?
5. What drives Dr. Mody to slap Pesi in front of the boy of Firozsha Baag at play?
6. In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," how does Jacqueline's name get changed to Jaakaylee?
7. In "One Sunday," what does Tehmina think of the Boyce's use of Najamai's fridge?
8. Why does Jehangir get involved with Eric?
9. Why does Dr. Mody assume that Jehangir stole the Spanish dancing-lady stamp?
10. Why is Dr. Mody so disappointed in his son, Pesi, in "The Collectors?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Jehangir's interest in the exercisers on the nighttime playground? How does he relate this voyeurism to his youth?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are Mehroo and her husband, Rustomji, different from one another? Cite examples that show these differences and explore their personality traits.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the author has characters which overlap in the stories. What is the main theme that is embedded within all of the stories? Does the main theme encourage the reader to care about the characters in the Firozsha Baag?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)