|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the chasniwalla kill Dhunjisha?
2. What becomes a dream deferred for Minocher?
3. What does Dr. Mody tell Jehangir's mother to do on Sunday morning?
4. What does Najamai point out to Daulat as being incorrect in her home?
5. What nickname for Rustomji comes as a result of something Nariman says?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stops the neighborhood children from making fun of Jaakaylee's visions of a ghost?
2. In "One Sunday," what does Tehmina think of the Boyce's use of Najamai's fridge?
3. What makes Rustomji decide that he can go to the front of a very long line of people waiting for the A-1 bus?
4. How does Daulat feel about her neighbor, Nasjamai?
5. In "Condolence Visit," why is it that Daulat is not looking forward to the visits she will receive?
6. Why are Mehroo and Rustomji happy when Tanoo decides to leave them in order to live with her sister's family in a small village?
7. What is life like for an ayah?
8. Why does Dr. Mody become close with Jehangir, treating him like a son?
9. What does Daulat do to disobey the usual custom after one's spouse dies?
10. Before Najamai purchased her fridge, how did Tehmina acquire the ice she needed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "Squatter" considered to be a story-within-a-story? What are the elements of this story that belie its complexities?
Essay Topic 2
What more is learned about Nariman in the story, "Squatter?" Is Nariman as popular in Firozsha Baag as Dr. Mody once was? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," examine the relationship between the ayah and the bai. Relate their relationship to the social caste system in India.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)