|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Daddy's tweezers compared to?
(a) A cricket bat.
(b) The kerosene going into the stove.
(c) A razor.
(d) The needle in Virag's father.
2. Who does Mrs. Maha-Lepate arrange an appointment with for Sarosh?
(a) A nutritionist.
(b) The Immigrant Aid Society.
(c) Dr. No-Ilaaz.
(d) Mr. Rawaana.
3. Who is Sarosh?
(a) A fellow who went abroad, to Toronto.
(b) Some who killed a cat.
(c) Vera and Dolly's brother.
(d) He applied to The Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.
4. What finally happens to Sarosh on the plane flight back to India?
(a) He is ecstatic when the plane takes off.
(b) He squats for a movement, as usual.
(c) He has an acute anxiety attack.
(d) He has a movement, Canadian-style.
5. What does Viraf's and Kersi's private signal sound like?
(a) A bird song.
(b) A yodel.
(c) Knuckles cracking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kashmira make a comment about a pretty foreign stamp on Khorshedbai's letter?
2. In the story "Squatter," how could people tell when Nariman Hansotia was in a good mood?
3. What is Sarosh's tone when he promises at a party to return to Bombay in ten years if he is not fully Canadian by then?
4. What is Mrs. Savukshaw's secret?
5. What is Percy's main interest in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Percy's and the others' feelings when Jamshed returns to visit Bombay and takes them to an expensive restaurant?
2. Why does Jehangir stop going to the Hanging Gardens?
3. In "Lend Me Your Light," why is Kersi's mother happy that Percy is friends with Jamshed?
4. How does Daddy react when Kersi puts down the tweezers and goes to read to comics?
5. What is Jehangir's status with the boys of Firozsha Baag by the time of the Squatter story?
6. How did the relationship between Boman and Kasmira and the paying guests begin?
7. In "Exercisers," how does Jehangir feel about the boys who have come to college from the co-educational schools?
8. What problem does Boman have with taking Mr Karani's advice to not take in paying guests?
9. How does Jehangir explain the meaning of the stories of Savukshaw to Nariman and the boys?
10. What is an example of Kersi holding back his true feelings?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)