|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally happens to Sarosh on the plane flight back to India?
(a) He has a movement, Canadian-style.
(b) He squats for a movement, as usual.
(c) He is ecstatic when the plane takes off.
(d) He has an acute anxiety attack.
2. Who does Mrs. Maha-Lepate arrange an appointment with for Sarosh?
(a) A nutritionist.
(b) Dr. No-Ilaaz.
(c) The Immigrant Aid Society.
(d) Mr. Rawaana.
3. What are Bhagwan Baba's words of advice?
(a) "Do the best thing for Jehingar."
(b) "Avoid the girl."
(c) "Life is a trap, full of webs."
(d) "A higher force impells you."
4. What does Jehangir's mother tell him will happen if he returns home after eight o'clock at night?
(a) A curse will be upon him.
(b) His parents will not speak to him again.
(c) He will be punished forcefully.
(d) The apartment door will be locked.
5. What does Jehangir plan on telling Behroze when he visits her while her parents and Shanti are gone?
(a) He dislikes her sarcasm.
(b) The relationship must end.
(c) He loves her.
(d) They must get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "Lend Me Your Light," what do tiffin carriers deliver to the school?
2. Why is the compound watchman happy when Nariman tells the boys a story?
3. What is Sukhi Sooraj?
4. What was once Kashmira's devout ambition in life?
5. What does Kersi do that surprises Daddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kersi remember the word ghati with shame?
2. What is an example of Kersi holding back his true feelings?
3. What is it about Jamshed's letter to Kersi that disturbs Kersi so much?
4. In "Lend Me Your Light," why is Kersi's mother happy that Percy is friends with Jamshed?
5. For most of her life, Khorshedbai has an image in her mind of a flock of crows. What is this image?
6. In "Exercisers," how does Jehangir feel about the boys who have come to college from the co-educational schools?
7. Why does Daddy stop taking the boys to play cricket at maidaan?
8. In the story, "Squatter," how do the boys in the Firozsha Baag know when Nariman is about to tell them a story?
9. How does Jehangir explain to the boys the manner in which Nariman tells his stories?
10. In "The Paying Guests," why does Khorshedbai feel she is justified in leaving garbage spread around the veranda?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)