|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does Jehangir join in college where he feels like a gatecrasher at an exclusive party?
(a) Debate Team.
(b) Swim Team.
2. In Kersi's imagined morality play while watching a crowd in Bombay, what does the train represent?
3. What does Nariman do to ensure that Jehangir will hear the rest of the Sarosh story?
(a) He finishes the story quickly.
(b) He goes to his apartment to tell it to him.
(c) He promises to finish it the next day.
(d) He records it on a cassette tape.
4. Why does Kashmira make a comment about a pretty foreign stamp on Khorshedbai's letter?
(a) To see if Khorshedbai is going to travel.
(b) For a clue as to who the writer is.
(c) To discover how wealthy the woman might be.
(d) She collects stamps and wants it.
5. What does MCC stand for in the story Nariman tells?
(a) Memorial Cricket Cases.
(b) Marylebone Cricket Club.
(c) Manchester Cricket Club.
(d) Mr. Contractor's Cricket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jehangir tempted to do when he hides in the hedges of the playground to watch the exercisers after having seen Bhagwan Baba?
2. What is Sukhi Sooraj?
3. Who is the narrator of "Of White Hairs and Cricket?"
4. What was once Kashmira's devout ambition in life?
5. in "Lend Me Your Light," what do tiffin carriers deliver to the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarosh's troubles in Toronto really reflect upon?
2. Why does Kersi want to cry at the end of the story, "Of White Hairs and Cricket?"
3. What is an example of Kersi holding back his true feelings?
4. Why does Jehangir stop going to the Hanging Gardens?
5. In "The Paying Guests," why does Khorshedbai feel she is justified in leaving garbage spread around the veranda?
6. Why is it that Khorshedbai's husband, Ardesar, does not question his wife's disgusting actions against the landlord?
7. How does Kersi's family hide the crumbling walls in the apartment?
8. How does Jehangir explain to the boys the manner in which Nariman tells his stories?
9. How did the relationship between Boman and Kasmira and the paying guests begin?
10. In "Of White Hairs and Cricket," why does Daddy have Kersi pulling the white hairs out of his head?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)