|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daulat think she could have done if she had accepted the tape recorder?
(a) Listen to the music she loves.
(b) Have Minocher speak his last words.
(c) Record the details of Minocher's illness.
(d) Have friends tape their last words to Minocher.
2. What do Najamai and Moti first do when they realize the young man has come to see the purgree?
(a) Exchange glances.
(b) Smile in approval.
(d) Drop their tea.
3. What nickname for Rustomji comes as a result of something Nariman says?
(a) Cheapie Rustomji.
(d) Penny pincher.
4. What does Mrs. Mody offer to Jehangir after Dr Mody's death?
(a) All of his clothing.
(c) The entire stamp collection.
(d) Pesi's story books.
5. What does Tehmina think the Boyces do to Najamai?
(a) Rob her flat.
(b) Help her whenever possible.
(c) Offer her their fridge to use.
(d) Take advantage of her generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Daulat a portable tape recorder?
2. What does Jaakaylee give up doing on Fridays to help discourage the ghost from visiting?
3. What is Francis's job in Firozsha Baag?
4. Who are Patla Babu and Jhaaria Babu?
5. What would Rustomji not permit Mehroo to have in their new home as husband and wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daulat wishes she had accepted Sarosh's gift of a portable tape recorder, what does she think she could have used it for?
2. Why does Dr. Mody assume that Jehangir stole the Spanish dancing-lady stamp?
3. Why does Jehangir get involved with Eric?
4. In "Condolence Visit," why is it that Daulat is not looking forward to the visits she will receive?
5. What is life like for an ayah?
6. Before Najamai purchased her fridge, how did Tehmina acquire the ice she needed?
7. What leads Tehmina to believe that Francis is much stronger than his slight body build shows?
8. What does Daulat do to disobey the usual custom after one's spouse dies?
9. In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," how does Jacqueline's name get changed to Jaakaylee?
10. What makes Rustomji decide that he can go to the front of a very long line of people waiting for the A-1 bus?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)