|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which voice is the story, "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," written in?
(a) Unreliable narrator.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
2. What does the bai do when she sees Jaakaylee on the balcony upon returning home late at night?
(a) She screams.
(b) She waves.
(c) She laughs out loud.
(d) She yells in anger.
3. What does someone steal on Jehangir's behalf?
(d) Chewing gum.
4. What does Kersi intend to do after Francis runs off?
(a) Plays a cricket game.
(b) Calls the landlord.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Finds him.
5. What causes Rustomji to forget the bathroom leak and feel better?
(a) A visit to Nariman.
(b) Seeing Gajra.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Calling the plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustomji do to appease the crowd that wants to hurt him?
2. What does Tehmina constantly smell of?
3. Why does Jaakaylee ring the doorbell after the midnight mass?
4. What does Jaakaylee want the bai to purchase in order to make life easier?
5. In the story, "Auspicious Occasion," what does Rustomji do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cajetan on Jaakaylee's mind since she has seen the bhoot?
2. Why, when the Firozsha Baag gets a new paint job, is the exterior of every flat painted except Rustomji's?
3. In "Condolence Visit," why is it that Daulat is not looking forward to the visits she will receive?
4. In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," how does Jacqueline's name get changed to Jaakaylee?
5. What are Rustomji's feelings toward their gunga, Gajra?
6. Before Najamai purchased her fridge, how did Tehmina acquire the ice she needed?
7. What drives Dr. Mody to slap Pesi in front of the boy of Firozsha Baag at play?
8. What does Daulat do to disobey the usual custom after one's spouse dies?
9. Why are Mehroo and Rustomji happy when Tanoo decides to leave them in order to live with her sister's family in a small village?
10. What stops the neighborhood children from making fun of Jaakaylee's visions of a ghost?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)