|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daulat become relieved with Moti's conversation during the condolence visit?
(a) Moti tells Daulat some jokes.
(b) Moti forsakes the usual condolence questioning.
(c) Moti leaves within moments of saying she is sorry.
(d) Moti simpy sits with Daulat.
2. What does Dr. Burjor Mody assume principalship of in "The Collectors" just before moving to Firozsha Baag?
(a) Bombay High School.
(b) Cawasji Framji Memorial Library
(c) Bombay Veterinary College.
(d) St. Xavier's Boys School
3. How does Daulat view Najamai?
(a) As a wealthy person to be envied.
(b) As a busybody.
(c) As a dear friend.
(d) As a helpful neighbor.
4. What does Dr. Mody do to Pesi when he catches him being mean to Jehangir?
(a) Drags him away.
(b) Curses at him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Makes him go home.
5. What does Mehroo do at the entrance of her home to honor the holiday?
(a) Make chalk designs.
(b) Light a candle.
(c) Plant colorful flowers.
(d) Put out a religious figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jaakaylee?
2. What does Daulat discover between the bedpost and the floor as she sprays for bedbugs?
3. What does Dr. Mody tell Jehangir's mother to do on Sunday morning?
4. Why are the children and adults in Firozsha Baag making fun of Jaakaylee?
5. What does Mrs. Mody offer to Jehangir after Dr Mody's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Mody become close with Jehangir, treating him like a son?
2. What do Kersi's parents think of the friendship between Kersi and Francis?
3. What is life like for an ayah?
4. Why does bai begin to treat Jaakaylee with more respect?
5. What specially-made recording does Daulat imagine she would have made for Nasjamai if she had the tape recorder?
6. How does Mrs. Mody feel about Jehangir's visits to her home on Sunday mornings?
7. In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," how does Jacqueline's name get changed to Jaakaylee?
8. Why does the author, Mistry, go to the trouble to list all of the sounds Silloo hears Najamai making in the apartment above hers when she returns home on Sunday night?
9. Why does Dr. Mody assume that Jehangir stole the Spanish dancing-lady stamp?
10. How does Silloo reason away her free use of Naramjai's fridge?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)