|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new game does Pesi invent in Firozsha Baag?
2. Which voice is the story, "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," written in?
(a) Unreliable narrator.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
3. What does Kersi intend to do after Francis runs off?
(a) Calls the landlord.
(b) Plays a cricket game.
(c) Finds him.
(d) Calls the police.
4. What does Kersi use his cricket bat for now?
(a) Punishing students.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Killing rats.
5. What is a bunya's role at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, "Auspicious Occasion," what does Rustomji do for a living?
2. What is it that Nariman Hansotia cannot convince Rustomji to do?
3. Who is the first character introduced in the story, "One Sunday?"
4. How old is Jaakaylee?
5. What is Dr. Mody's favorite activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," how does Jacqueline's name get changed to Jaakaylee?
2. What is life like for an ayah?
3. When and why does the bhoot stop the visits to Jaakaylee?
4. Why is Cajetan on Jaakaylee's mind since she has seen the bhoot?
5. Why does Daulat refuse a gift of a portable tape recorder from her nephew Sarosh?
6. What leads Tehmina to believe that Francis is much stronger than his slight body build shows?
7. What makes Rustomji decide that he can go to the front of a very long line of people waiting for the A-1 bus?
8. Before Najamai purchased her fridge, how did Tehmina acquire the ice she needed?
9. How is it insinuated in "Auspicious Occasion" that Mehroo's parents might have made a better choice for her than marrying her off to Rustomji?
10. How does Silloo reason away her free use of Naramjai's fridge?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)