|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamshed eat lunch at one o'clock?
(a) In the school lunchroom.
(b) Outside in the play yard.
(c) He goes home.
(d) In an air-conditioned car.
2. Why is it that Khorshedbai does not get rid of her noisy bangles in "The Paying Guests?"
(a) The elegent look they give her.
(b) They announce her presence.
(c) Not to offend Ardessar.
(d) For the money they are worth.
3. What does Daddy tell Kersi they will find the money to do for him one day?
(a) Buy him a new cricket bat.
(b) Get him a fridge.
(c) Send him to America.
(d) Buy him a business.
4. What does Daddy make Kersi do for him every Sunday?
(a) Call for Viraf.
(b) Pull out his white hairs.
(c) Look for a job.
(d) Play cricket.
5. What is Mrs. Savukshaw's secret?
(a) Her hunting techniques.
(b) Her chicken-dhansaak.
(c) Her fried fish.
(d) Savukshaw's strength.
6. What does Viraf's and Kersi's private signal sound like?
(a) Knuckles cracking.
(c) A yodel.
(d) A bird song.
7. What do the boys tease Jaakaylee about when she comes to collect the boys in her charge?
(a) Seeing a ghost.
(b) Scolding the boys.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her stutter.
8. Where does Jehangir end up sleeping after his date with Behroze at her home?
(a) In his car.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) At Behroze's home.
(d) Outside his apartment door.
9. In "Of White Hairs and Cricket," what is Daddy always searching for in the newspaper ads?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A better job.
(c) Sales on toasters.
10. What is Sukhi Sooraj?
(a) Pestonji's cage in Korshedbai's dreams.
(b) An offering of incense.
(c) A Parsis holiday.
(d) The only recording Korshedbai owns.
11. What image does Korshedbai carry at the back of her mind?
(a) Kashmira in her apartment.
(b) Her bird in the cage.
(c) Pigeons being fed by her husband.
(d) A flock of crows pecking something dead.
12. What is Percy's main interest in India?
(a) Accumulating luxury goods.
(b) The Taj-Mahal Hotel.
(c) Charity work for farmers.
(d) Learning the rules for emigration.
13. What subject is Nariman's first story of the evening about?
14. What does Kersi do that surprises Daddy?
(a) He cuts all of Daddy's hair.
(b) He curses Tehmina.
(c) He stops to read the comics.
(d) He says he wants to quit cricket.
15. What does Najamai from C Block stop by to tell Kashmira at times?
(a) She wants the elderly couple evicted.
(b) About the droppings at her door.
(c) The elderly couple are not Parsis.
(d) Rumors about Kordshedbai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school degree does Mr. Karani hold?
2. What does MCC stand for in the story Nariman tells?
3. Where do the most sophisticated boys in college come from?
4. Who is Sarosh?
5. What are Bhagwan Baba's words of advice?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)