|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brave thing did Kersi do on the cricket field one day?
(a) Quit playing cricket.
(b) Ran in the blistering sun.
(c) Block a shot with his bare skin.
(d) Scored ten times.
2. What is the three-monkeys principle?
(a) See, hear, and say no evil.
(b) Swearing is for animals only.
(c) Three tenants and you are out of luck.
(d) No more than three pets in the building.
3. Why is it that Khorshedbai does not get rid of her noisy bangles in "The Paying Guests?"
(a) For the money they are worth.
(b) The elegent look they give her.
(c) They announce her presence.
(d) Not to offend Ardessar.
4. What school degree does Mr. Karani hold?
5. What does one man in line to see Bhagwan Baba tell the others most definitely signifies something?
(a) Bhagwan Bab's white pyjamas.
(b) When the sun goes down.
(c) The bench-swing on the veranda.
(d) When Bhagwan Baba removes his sunglasses.
6. What does Mamajii always try to give Kersi to eat?
(b) Undercooked foods.
(c) Tasty, spicy snacks.
7. What plan does Boman have to evict the paying guests?
(a) Non-payment of rent.
(b) A lawsuit.
8. Why is the compound watchman happy when Nariman tells the boys a story?
(a) His job of watching the boys gets easier.
(b) He likes seeing the boys learn things.
(c) He gets paid extra for listening also.
(d) He gets to retell the story at home.
9. What is Percy's main interest in India?
(a) The Taj-Mahal Hotel.
(b) Learning the rules for emigration.
(c) Accumulating luxury goods.
(d) Charity work for farmers.
10. What is a ghaton?
(a) A money-lender.
(b) A servant.
(c) A farmer.
(d) An airplane pilot.
11. What infection does Kersi suffer the last night before his flight to Toronto?
(a) A viral infection.
(b) The flu.
12. Where does Jehangir end up sleeping after his date with Behroze at her home?
(a) At Behroze's home.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) Outside his apartment door.
(d) In his car.
13. What about Jenhangir's mother embarrasses him when he introduces her to his girlfriend?
(a) Her obvious poverty.
(b) Her backwards accent.
(c) Her chewing on cloves.
(d) Her mathoobanoo.
14. In "Of White Hairs and Cricket," what is Daddy always searching for in the newspaper ads?
(a) A better job.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Sales on toasters.
15. Who does Mrs. Maha-Lepate arrange an appointment with for Sarosh?
(a) A nutritionist.
(b) Dr. No-Ilaaz.
(c) The Immigrant Aid Society.
(d) Mr. Rawaana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boman do to encourage helpful advice from Rustomji?
2. What does CNI stand for?
3. What subject is Nariman's first story of the evening about?
4. What are Bhagwan Baba's words of advice?
5. What is the only thing Jehangir's father has to say about Jehangir's relationship with the girl from college?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)