|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamajii always try to give Kersi to eat?
(b) Undercooked foods.
(d) Tasty, spicy snacks.
2. Who is the narrator of "Lend Me Your Light?"
3. What did Kersi learn to do with his best friend, Viraf?
(a) Play soccer.
(b) Pull out hairs.
(c) Ride a bicycle.
4. What does one man in line to see Bhagwan Baba tell the others most definitely signifies something?
(a) When Bhagwan Baba removes his sunglasses.
(b) The bench-swing on the veranda.
(c) Bhagwan Bab's white pyjamas.
(d) When the sun goes down.
5. What was once Kashmira's devout ambition in life?
(a) To finish her schooling.
(b) To become a tenancy lawyer.
(c) To do social work.
(d) To be a landlady.
6. Why are there so many calendars hanging in Kersi's house?
(a) In order to keep track of different dates.
(b) To keep the Parsi religiion alive.
(c) They are the considered works of art.
(d) To hide the crumbling walls.
7. Why does Kashmira make a comment about a pretty foreign stamp on Khorshedbai's letter?
(a) She collects stamps and wants it.
(b) To discover how wealthy the woman might be.
(c) For a clue as to who the writer is.
(d) To see if Khorshedbai is going to travel.
8. What finally happens to Sarosh on the plane flight back to India?
(a) He is ecstatic when the plane takes off.
(b) He has an acute anxiety attack.
(c) He squats for a movement, as usual.
(d) He has a movement, Canadian-style.
9. Why doesn't Percy want to return to Bombay when Kersi returns for a visit?
(a) He feels superior to his brother.
(b) Because Jamshed will be there.
(c) He is jealous of Kersi.
(d) Because of the money issues.
10. Who gives Kordshedbai a gift in the night, according to the dream she has?
(b) The Indian Express.
11. What does Mr. Karani first tell Boman is the only remedy to Boman's paying guests problem?
(a) Being overly friendly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A court case.
12. What does Nariman do to ensure that Jehangir will hear the rest of the Sarosh story?
(a) He finishes the story quickly.
(b) He promises to finish it the next day.
(c) He records it on a cassette tape.
(d) He goes to his apartment to tell it to him.
13. What plan does Boman have to evict the paying guests?
(c) Non-payment of rent.
(d) A lawsuit.
14. Who is the narrator of "Of White Hairs and Cricket?"
15. Why does Kersi attend the Parsi New Year celebrations in Toronto?
(a) To look for Jamshed.
(b) For the food.
(c) To meet people from Bombay.
(d) To learn about different airlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Squatter," how could people tell when Nariman Hansotia was in a good mood?
2. What is the three-monkeys principle?
3. What does Khorshedbai place on the veranda every morning?
4. What entrances Kersi?
5. What does Jehangir's mother tell him will happen if he returns home after eight o'clock at night?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)