|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Korshedbai end up taking from Kashmira?
(a) The rent money.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her dignity.
(d) A parrot cage.
2. In Kersi's imagined morality play while watching a crowd in Bombay, what does the train represent?
3. What about Jenhangir's mother embarrasses him when he introduces her to his girlfriend?
(a) Her chewing on cloves.
(b) Her mathoobanoo.
(c) Her backwards accent.
(d) Her obvious poverty.
4. What is Jehangir tempted to do when he hides in the hedges of the playground to watch the exercisers after having seen Bhagwan Baba?
(a) Step out and laugh at the men.
(b) Exercise with the men.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Run away with Behroze.
5. What finally happens to Sarosh on the plane flight back to India?
(a) He has a movement, Canadian-style.
(b) He is ecstatic when the plane takes off.
(c) He has an acute anxiety attack.
(d) He squats for a movement, as usual.
6. What infection does Kersi suffer the last night before his flight to Toronto?
(a) The flu.
(b) A viral infection.
7. What does Najamai from C Block stop by to tell Kashmira at times?
(a) About the droppings at her door.
(b) Rumors about Kordshedbai.
(c) The elderly couple are not Parsis.
(d) She wants the elderly couple evicted.
8. Who does Mrs. Maha-Lepate arrange an appointment with for Sarosh?
(a) Mr. Rawaana.
(b) A nutritionist.
(c) Dr. No-Ilaaz.
(d) The Immigrant Aid Society.
9. At the end of "Squatter," what tale does Nariman agree to tell the next time?
(a) About Rustomji-the-curmudgeon.
(b) Savukshaw the artist.
(c) More about Sarosh's time in Canada.
(d) Savukshaw the hunter.
10. What does Ardesar utter after watching Kordshedbai smear dog feces on the neighbor's door?
(a) Forgive me, please.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Troubles, troubles.
(d) Oh my!
11. Who is Mamajii?
(a) Viraf's mother.
(b) Kersi's mother.
(c) The neighbor, Nariman.
(d) Kersi's grandmother.
12. Who is the narrator of "Lend Me Your Light?"
13. What is Sarosh's tone when he promises at a party to return to Bombay in ten years if he is not fully Canadian by then?
14. What does Mamajii always try to give Kersi to eat?
(a) Undercooked foods.
(b) Tasty, spicy snacks.
15. in "Lend Me Your Light," what do tiffin carriers deliver to the school?
(a) Late notes.
(d) Homework assignments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daddy tell Kersi they will find the money to do for him one day?
2. What does Jehangir's mother tell him will happen if he returns home after eight o'clock at night?
3. Why would Tehmina curse anyone who passes in front of her early in the morning as she faces the rising sun?
4. Why doesn't Percy want to return to Bombay when Kersi returns for a visit?
5. What does Viraf's and Kersi's private signal sound like?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)