|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jaakaylee come from?
2. What did Francis teach Kersi to do?
(a) Shoot marbles.
(b) Play cricket.
(c) Open locks.
(d) Fly kites.
3. Why does Dr. Mody earn the respect of the people of the Baag?
(a) He keeps Pesi in line.
(b) He gets all a rent decrease.
(c) He deals well with management issues.
(d) He keeps the cats in the yard safe.
4. Who is the first character introduced in the story, "One Sunday?"
5. Why does Rustomji shout at the boys of Firozsha Baag?
(a) For robbing apartments.
(b) For not fixing his toilet.
(c) For getting plaster in his bathtub.
(d) For playing cricket there.
6. What did Minocher wear to Sarosh-Sid's wedding when the groom did not wish to wear it?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) The pugree.
(d) Silk pajamas.
7. What is Francis's job in Firozsha Baag?
(a) He collects the garbage.
(b) He is the doorman.
(c) He is the elevator operator.
(d) He does odd jobs.
8. What is Dr. Mody's favorite activity?
(a) Reading Shakespeare.
(b) Stamp collecting.
(c) Playing violin.
(d) Listening to Mozart.
9. Why does Jaakaylee sleep outside the flat after the Christmas midnight mass?
(a) It is a neighborhood custom.
(b) The weather is always pleasant.
(c) She has no key.
(d) Everyone else does it.
10. What does Daulat do once she is alone after Moti and Najamai leave?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Regrets getting rid of the pugree.
(d) Snuffs out the oil lamp.
11. What does Jaakaylee consider herself to be an expert at?
(b) Cockroach killing.
(d) Scaring off ghosts.
12. Who is Vera?
(a) Francis's maid.
(b) Najamai's daughter.
(c) Tehmina's sister.
(d) A thief.
13. What does someone steal on Jehangir's behalf?
(b) Chewing gum.
14. What does Tehmina think the Boyces do to Najamai?
(a) Take advantage of her generosity.
(b) Offer her their fridge to use.
(c) Help her whenever possible.
(d) Rob her flat.
15. Who are Patla Babu and Jhaaria Babu?
(b) Street peddlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries out, "Help! Oh quickly! Thief!"?
2. Why does Jaakaylee leave her hometown to come to Bombay?
3. Where do the bai and seth go when they leave Jaakaylee to watch the children for the first time?
4. Why are the children and adults in Firozsha Baag making fun of Jaakaylee?
5. What does Rustomji enjoy watching each morning, though he does it surreptitiously?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)