|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Rustomji not permit Mehroo to have in their new home as husband and wife?
(a) A separate "unclean" room.
(b) New linens.
(d) Colorful clothing.
2. What is a bhoot?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) French beans.
(c) A ghost.
(d) One's mother.
3. Why does Rustomji shout at the boys of Firozsha Baag?
(a) For getting plaster in his bathtub.
(b) For robbing apartments.
(c) For not fixing his toilet.
(d) For playing cricket there.
4. How old is Jaakaylee?
5. Who is the foremost "flicker" amongst the schoolboys in "The Collectors"?
6. What religion does Jaakaylee follow?
(a) She is Hindu.
(b) She is Catholic.
(c) She is Muslim.
(d) She is Parsi.
7. What stops the ghost from visiting, according to Jaakaylee?
(a) The noises she makes to scare it.
(c) The cockroaches.
(d) Her confession to the priest.
8. Where had Tehmina once have to go to get ice before Najamai purchased a fridge?
(a) Ambica Saris.
(b) A Thai restaurant.
(c) Tar Creek.
(d) Tar Gully.
9. What causes Rustomji to forget the bathroom leak and feel better?
(a) A visit to Nariman.
(b) Calling the plumber.
(c) Seeing Gajra.
(d) Taking a bath.
10. What is Gajra notorious for?
(d) Breaking dishes.
11. Why does Dr. Mody stop inviting Jehangir to come over?
(a) Jehangir has no new stamps.
(b) He realizes Jehangir needs some fresh air.
(c) He feels obligated to spend lots of time with Pesi.
(d) He thinks Jehangir stole his precious Spanish stamp.
12. What does Kersi do his cricket bat at the end of the story, "One Sunday?"
(a) Repairs it again.
(b) Untangles the cord.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Puts on the rubber grip.
13. What does Dr. Mody do to Pesi when he catches him being mean to Jehangir?
(a) Makes him go home.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Drags him away.
(d) Curses at him.
14. What does Dr. Burjor Mody assume principalship of in "The Collectors" just before moving to Firozsha Baag?
(a) Bombay Veterinary College.
(b) St. Xavier's Boys School
(c) Cawasji Framji Memorial Library
(d) Bombay High School.
15. How is Jehangir physically different from Pesi?
(a) He has very light hair.
(b) He is obese.
(c) He has muscular arms.
(d) He has no facial hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes a dream deferred for Minocher?
2. What does Daulat discover between the bedpost and the floor as she sprays for bedbugs?
3. What does someone steal on Jehangir's behalf?
4. What does Tehmina constantly smell of?
5. What is Kersi doing as Silloo divides her meat up for the freezer?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)