|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jaakaylee?
2. What becomes a dream deferred for Minocher?
(a) Giving clothing to the poor.
(b) Eating frog's legs.
(c) Trying oxtail soup.
(d) Drinking Ostermilk.
3. What stops the ghost from visiting, according to Jaakaylee?
(a) The noises she makes to scare it.
(c) The cockroaches.
(d) Her confession to the priest.
4. What used to make Kersi very happy to go up to Najamai's flat?
(a) The coolness of the fridge.
(b) Seeing Najamai's daughters.
(c) Chasing creatures.
(d) Seeing the fridge.
5. What does Daulat purchase from one of the vendors in the Firozsha Baag?
(a) More lamp oil.
(b) A few rags.
(d) Potatoes and onions.
6. What does Dr. Mody do to reward Jehangir for collecting new stamps?
(a) Shows him the Spanish lady stamp.
(b) Gives him a tin of stamps.
(c) Gives him a coin.
(d) Gets him some candy.
7. What does Tehmina constantly smell of?
8. Where does Eric want his favor granted from Jehangir?
(a) In math class.
(b) During visual period.
(c) In the play yard.
(d) At the Babu's stall.
9. Why does Daulat become relieved with Moti's conversation during the condolence visit?
(a) Moti leaves within moments of saying she is sorry.
(b) Moti tells Daulat some jokes.
(c) Moti forsakes the usual condolence questioning.
(d) Moti simpy sits with Daulat.
10. How does Daulat view Najamai?
(a) As a wealthy person to be envied.
(b) As a helpful neighbor.
(c) As a busybody.
(d) As a dear friend.
11. Why does Rustomji shout at the boys of Firozsha Baag?
(a) For not fixing his toilet.
(b) For robbing apartments.
(c) For playing cricket there.
(d) For getting plaster in his bathtub.
12. Which voice is the story, "The Ghost of Firozsha Baag," written in?
(a) Unreliable narrator.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
13. Where does Jaakaylee come from?
14. What new game does Pesi invent in Firozsha Baag?
15. What has Kersi wanted to do ever since primary school?
(a) Be a coach for a cricket team.
(b) Play serious cricket.
(c) Learn to fly aeroplanes.
(d) Teach cricket to students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Mody earn the respect of the people of the Baag?
2. What does Rustomji do to appease the crowd that wants to hurt him?
3. What is a bhoot?
4. What is the most likely meaning of the word "gunga" in the story?
5. What does Jaakaylee consider herself to be an expert at?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)