|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Patla Babu and Jhaaria Babu?
(d) Street peddlers.
2. Why does Daulat become relieved with Moti's conversation during the condolence visit?
(a) Moti forsakes the usual condolence questioning.
(b) Moti tells Daulat some jokes.
(c) Moti simpy sits with Daulat.
(d) Moti leaves within moments of saying she is sorry.
3. What is it that Nariman Hansotia cannot convince Rustomji to do?
(a) Hire a plumber to fix the toilet.
(b) Treat his wife better.
(c) Replaster the inside of his apartment.
(d) Chip in money to paint the building's exterior.
4. Who cries out, "Help! Oh quickly! Thief!"?
5. What does Dr. Mody do to reward Jehangir for collecting new stamps?
(a) Gives him a coin.
(b) Gets him some candy.
(c) Shows him the Spanish lady stamp.
(d) Gives him a tin of stamps.
6. What does Jaakaylee consider herself to be an expert at?
(b) Scaring off ghosts.
(d) Cockroach killing.
7. What does the bai do when she sees Jaakaylee on the balcony upon returning home late at night?
(a) She laughs out loud.
(b) She waves.
(c) She screams.
(d) She yells in anger.
8. What volunteer organization does Rustomji have good remembrances of?
(a) Sisters of Charity.
(b) The Social Service League.
(c) The Times of India Organization.
(d) The Peace Corps.
9. What does someone steal on Jehangir's behalf?
(c) Chewing gum.
10. Why are the children and adults in Firozsha Baag making fun of Jaakaylee?
(a) She is dark-skinned.
(b) She claims to see a ghost.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She sleeps in the hallways.
11. How much does Daulat sell the pugree for?
(a) Ten rupees.
(b) Five hundred rupees.
(d) One hundred rupees.
12. What does Daulat purchase from one of the vendors in the Firozsha Baag?
(a) Potatoes and onions.
(b) More lamp oil.
(d) A few rags.
13. Why does Rustomji shout at the boys of Firozsha Baag?
(a) For getting plaster in his bathtub.
(b) For robbing apartments.
(c) For not fixing his toilet.
(d) For playing cricket there.
14. Which special day means a lot to Mehroo?
(b) Behram roje.
(d) Parsi roje.
15. What does Dr. Mody do to Pesi when he catches him being mean to Jehangir?
(a) Makes him go home.
(b) Curses at him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Drags him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a long white beard, has a paunch and is nearly seventy-five years old?
2. In the story, "Auspicious Occasion," what does Rustomji do for a living?
3. What does Kersi do his cricket bat at the end of the story, "One Sunday?"
4. What does Kersi use his cricket bat for now?
5. What does Rustomji do to appease the crowd that wants to hurt him?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)