|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Paying Guests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boman do to encourage helpful advice from Rustomji?
(a) He pays him off.
(b) He threatens his intelligence.
(c) He pleads.
(d) He compliments him.
2. What is the three-monkeys principle?
(a) No more than three pets in the building.
(b) Swearing is for animals only.
(c) Three tenants and you are out of luck.
(d) See, hear, and say no evil.
3. What does Daulat do once she is alone after Moti and Najamai leave?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(c) Snuffs out the oil lamp.
(d) Regrets getting rid of the pugree.
4. What does Jaakaylee give up doing on Fridays to help discourage the ghost from visiting?
(a) Walking up the steps.
(b) Trying to become a vegetarian.
(c) Sleeping outside.
(d) Eating fish.
5. How does Daulat view Najamai?
(a) As a busybody.
(b) As a wealthy person to be envied.
(c) As a dear friend.
(d) As a helpful neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the sole Muslim neighbor chat with Tehmina?
2. Who gives Kordshedbai a gift in the night, according to the dream she has?
3. What is a bhoot?
4. What religion does Jaakaylee follow?
5. What does Najamai smell in her kitchen upon returning to it after the theft?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)