* The upstairs toilet has leaked on Rustomji 's head.
* Rustomji declares his day spoiled and fears constipation.
* Mehroo sends Gajra and catches the H bus which Rustomji promises to follow.
* Mehroo hopes that Dhunjisha, who, now 75, will be present in the fire temple today.
* Rustomji steps off the A-1 bus and is hit between the shoulders by some paan (tobacco juice), ruining his dugli.
* He takes a taxi home.
* The temple gates are locked and Mehroo hears "murdered" and "stabbed" being murmured.
* Mehroo goes home to find Rustomjji with the blood-red stained dugli beside him.
* Mehroo tells Rustomji how a fire temple employee stabbed Dhunjisha to death.
* Rustomji's rough exterior is softened and the couple have tea.
* Najamai, a widow whose daughters have gone abroad for education, locks her cupboards in preparation for a trip.
* Najamai's neighbors, Tehmina and Silloo Boyce, use her fridge...
This section contains 2,554 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)