• The upstairs toilet has leaked on Rustomji 's head.
• Rustomji declares his day spoiled and fears constipation.
• Mehroo sends Gajra and catches the H bus which Rustomji promises to follow.
• Mehroo hopes that Dhunjisha, who, now 75, will be present in the fire temple today.
• Rustomji steps off the A-1 bus and is hit between the shoulders by some paan (tobacco juice), ruining his dugli.
• He takes a taxi home.
• The temple gates are locked and Mehroo hears "murdered" and "stabbed" being murmured.
• Mehroo goes home to find Rustomjji with the blood-red stained dugli beside him.
• Mehroo tells Rustomji how a fire temple employee stabbed Dhunjisha to death.
• Rustomji's rough exterior is softened and the couple have tea.
• Najamai, a widow whose daughters have gone abroad for education, locks her cupboards in preparation for a trip.
• Najamai's neighbors, Tehmina and Silloo Boyce, use her fridge...
This section contains 2,779 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)