|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Nichole think her life will be better in a wheelchair?
2. What room has been converted into Nichole's new bedroom?
3. Who is the beauty queen who survived the bus crash?
4. Mitchell considers himself to be ________________ when he hears about events like the school bus crash.
5. What does Mitchell always send his daughter when she calls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Develop a character study of Nichole Burnell. What are her physical characteristics? What are her personality traits? What motivates her?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses the literary technique of flashback to explain Mitchell's intensity about starting this new case. Why did the author include this flashback? Why does it help explain Mitchell as a character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the story have suffered much loss even prior to the bus crash. Cite at least three examples of loss experienced by some of the characters and support your answers.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)