|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does most of the maintenance on Dolores' bus?
2. With what has Billy become all too familiar?
3. Which family is Dolores' first stop on her route?
4. What happens when Billy and his family stop at a grocery while on vacation?
5. Where had Risa been waiting for Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the details of the bus accident.
2. Why is Billy not able to say what happened before the accident even though he was the only eye witness?
3. What is the basis for the affair between Billy and Risa Walker?
4. What is Nichole's opinion of a lawsuit her parents want to pursue?
5. From whose perspective is Chapter 2 written?
6. What does Dolores find particularly sad about Billy Ansel?
7. What does Billy admit to thinking about as he follows the school bus on that fateful morning?
8. What is Mitchell Stephenson's first impression of the town of Sam Dent?
9. Describe Nichole's feelings upon returning home after being hospitalized for so long.
10. How does Nichole hope that her life will change now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's use of point of view in this story. Why did he choose to tell the story from the perspectives of four different people?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Dolores Driscoll. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Mitchell Stephens. What are his physical characteristics? What motivates him? What are his personality traits?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)