|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Dolores live?
2. Billy has begun to _____________ death.
3. Bear Otto's parents are _______________ and artists.
4. Who is Abbot Driscoll?
5. How long has Dolores lived in this town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Dolores takes great care in her job as bus driver.
2. Why is Billy not able to say what happened before the accident even though he was the only eye witness?
3. From whose perspective is Chapter 4 written?
4. How does Dolores manage her life after the bus crash?
5. What brought Mitchell Stephenson to the town of Sam Dent?
6. From whose perspective is Chapter 5 written?
7. How does Dolores describe the Lamston kids?
8. Why is Billy a ghost in his own house?
9. Explain how Nichole has divided her life.
10. What can Billy relate about what happened after the accident.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nichole has suffered through years of sexual abuse from her father. What is her state of mind as a result of the abuse? How does Nichole view the world as a result of what her father has done? Will Nichole ever be able to love and trust anyone in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses the literary technique of flashback to explain Mitchell's intensity about starting this new case. Why did the author include this flashback? Why does it help explain Mitchell as a character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Dolores watching her old car being banged and dented yet emerging victorious at the Demolition Derby.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)