|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the Ansel twins?
(a) Jessica and Jason
(b) Jessica and Mason
(c) Maddie and Mason
(d) Maggie and Mason
2. What does Billy consider himself to be in the house?
3. From whose perspective is Chapter 2 told?
(a) Billy Ansel
(b) Dolores Driscoll
(c) Lydia Ansel
(d) Bear Otto
4. How did Billy's wife die?
(a) Heart attack
(c) Plane crash
(d) Car accident
5. What ends the affair between Billy and Risa?
(a) The school bus crash
(b) She reconciles with her husband
(c) They just get tired of each other
(d) Billy meets someone new
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy and Lydia do while on vacation?
2. What is the temperature on the morning when Dolores starts her story?
3. The story is told from the perspective of how many narrators?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things consuming Billy when he begins an affair with Risa?
5. What runs out of the area in #30 and frightens Dolores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the details of the bus accident.
2. What are people's reactions when Nichole Burnell enters the grandstand?
3. What is the course of Billy and Risa's affair?
4. Who are the first people to agree to having Mitchell represent them in a lawsuit regarding the accident?
5. How does Billy react to his wife's death?
6. What does Dolores reveal about Billy Ansel's situation?
7. What near-tragedy occurs when Billy and his wife smoke pot while on vacation in Jamaica?
8. What time of year is it in Chapter 5 and what annual event do Dolores and Abbott usually attend?
9. Describe Nichole's feelings upon returning home after being hospitalized for so long.
10. What does Dolores mean by "living in a sweet hereafter?"
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)