|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nichole feel about Mitchell Stephens?
(a) She likes him
(b) She tolerates him
(c) She thinks he is an ambulance chaser
(d) She cannot stand him
2. Why does Nichole say she was scared on that fateful morning?
(a) Daddy had abused her again this morning
(b) Dolores was speeding
(c) Daddy had threatened to find her at school
(d) She hadn't studied enough for mid-terms
3. What is the condition of the beauty queen?
(a) Minor injuries
(b) In a coma
(c) Brain dead
4. According to Mitchell, ____________________ is always more valuable than a dead victim in front of a jury.
(a) A living victim
(b) A coroner's report
(c) An eye witness
(d) Police photography
5. What was Mitchell prepared to do when his daughter needed emergency medical treatment while on vacation one year?
(a) Set her leg
(b) Create a tourniquet
(c) Emergency tracheotomy
(d) Give an injection
6. There are no such things as _____________ in Mitchell's mind.
(b) Free lunches
7. What is Mitchell not driven by?
8. Mitchell considers himself to be ________________ when he hears about events like the school bus crash.
(a) A heat-seeking missile
(b) Babbling idiot
(c) Emotionally vulnerable
(d) A source of comfort
9. Who does Mitchell visit with and determine will be strong for his case?
(a) Wanda Otto
(b) Maddie Walker
(c) Wanda Oakes
(d) Risa Walker
10. Why do people tell Nichole Burnell that she is lucky?
(a) She has great hair
(b) She can't remember the accident
(c) She has a new car
(d) She is rich
11. How did Nichole get up the courthouse steps?
(a) Her Daddy carried her
(b) A special stair lift
(c) She used crutches
(d) An elevator
12. Nichole testifies that she was ______________ before the accident.
13. When taking on a new case, Mitchell feels _______________________.
(d) More alive than at any other time in his life
14. What first strikes Mitchell when he sees the town of Sam Dent?
(a) Its small size
(b) Its inaccessibility
(c) Its beauty
(d) Its lack of restaurants
15. Which of the following does Mitchell not see as he drives through the town of Sam Dent?
(a) Junk cars in front yards
(b) Patched-together houses
(c) Big woodpiles
(d) A chain hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mitchell lost his daugher?
2. What is Mitchell's real satisfaction?
3. What is the dividing factor in Nichole's life?
4. What is the name of Mitchell's ex-wife?
5. What does Mitchell not see at the site of the school bus crash?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)