|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nichole feel as if her life has been divided?
(a) Into two rooms
(b) Reality and Dreams
(c) East and West
(d) Topsy and Turvy
2. What month is it when Nichole returns home from the hospital?
3. What does Mitchell not see at the site of the school bus crash?
(a) Trampled snow
(b) State police barriers
(d) Car tracks
4. How fast did Nichole say the bus was going?
(a) 65 mph
(b) 82 mph
(c) 55 mph
(d) 72 mph
5. According to Mitchell, ____________________ is always more valuable than a dead victim in front of a jury.
(a) Police photography
(b) A coroner's report
(c) A living victim
(d) An eye witness
6. What upcoming event makes Nichole very apprehensive?
(a) The prom
(b) A trial
7. Which noise is Mitchell unaccustomed to hearing every day?
(d) Wind in the trees
8. Where had Nichole been sitting on the morning of the bus crash?
(a) In the back center seat
(b) The first seat on the right
(c) Right behind the driver
(d) Halfway back on the right
9. What does Mitchell consider the beauty queen to be?
(a) A great publicity story
(b) Lucky to be alive
(c) The linchpin of his case
(d) In the wrong place at the wrong time
10. What first strikes Mitchell when he sees the town of Sam Dent?
(a) Its lack of restaurants
(b) Its small size
(c) Its inaccessibility
(d) Its beauty
11. In what month did the accident occur?
12. Which of the following does Mitchell not think parents in America have lost their children?
13. How does Nichole feel about Mitchell Stephens?
(a) She tolerates him
(b) She cannot stand him
(c) She likes him
(d) She thinks he is an ambulance chaser
14. What does Mitchell always send his daughter when she calls?
(a) Bus fare
(b) Plane ticket
(d) Debit card
15. What is the reaction of Nichole's brothers when they see her in a wheelchair?
(a) No reaction
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is Chapter 3 written?
2. What was Nichole's father's reaction to her statement on the witness stand?
3. What does Nichole wish her new room had?
4. Which of the following does Nichole not say resides in the private sanctuary of her bedroom?
5. Who does Nichole want to impact the most with her plan?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)