|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the child in #18?
(a) He is adopted
(b) He is left-handed
(c) He has a ponytail
(d) He is paralyzed
2. What does Dolores wonder about the dog that runs in front of the bus?
(a) Was it lost?
(b) Did it have its shots?
(c) Was it a stray?
(d) Was it real?
3. How did Billy's wife die?
(a) Car accident
(b) Heart attack
(c) Plane crash
4. Where had the wrecked school bus been parked?
(a) The junkyard
(b) The city garage
(c) At Billy's garage
(d) The sheriff's department
5. Bear Otto's parents are _______________ and artists.
6. Which family is Dolores' first stop on her route?
7. The story is told from the perspective of how many narrators?
8. What is Dolores' job?
(a) School lunch lady
(b) School bus driver
(c) Church organist
(d) English teacher
9. How long has Dolores lived in this town?
(a) 3 years
(b) 22 years
(c) 6 months
(d) 13 years
10. What does Dolores do when she passes her house?
(a) Slows down
(b) Pulls over for a few minutes
(c) Checks her mail
(d) Blows the horn
11. What does Mitchell Stephens want to talk to Billy about?
(a) A lawsuit
(d) Funeral flowers
12. Who is the first narrator to tell the story?
(a) Dodie Duchamps
(b) DeDe Diamond
(c) Debbie Dent
(d) Dolores Driscoll
13. Where is Dolores' bus kept?
(a) School lot
(b) Truck stop
(d) City garage
14. Who is the Ansel twins' father?
15. What ends the affair between Billy and Risa?
(a) She reconciles with her husband
(b) Billy meets someone new
(c) They just get tired of each other
(d) The school bus crash
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy remembers a family vacation in ________________.
2. Who does most of the maintenance on Dolores' bus?
3. Dolores last stop is in the area of town called ___________________.
4. What can you see when it is snowing and drifting?
5. Most people in town say that __________________________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)