|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature on the morning when Dolores starts her story?
(c) 17 below
(d) 30 below
2. Where is Mitchell Stephens from?
(d) New York City
3. What ends the affair between Billy and Risa?
(a) Billy meets someone new
(b) She reconciles with her husband
(c) They just get tired of each other
(d) The school bus crash
4. Who does most of the maintenance on Dolores' bus?
5. Where had Risa been waiting for Billy?
(a) The Howard Johnson's coffee shop
(b) An abandoned shack
(c) Her house
(d) Room 11 of the motel
6. What is the relationship between Billy and Risa after the bus crash?
(a) Almost like strangers
(c) Best of friends
(d) Torrid lovers
7. The story is told from the perspective of how many narrators?
8. In what city does Dolores live?
(a) Sam Adams
(b) Sam Houston
(c) Sam Spade
(d) Sam Dent
9. How many sons does Dolores have?
10. Who is Dolores' second passenger?
(a) Otter Bear
(b) Bear Otter
(c) Otto Goldstein
(d) Bear Otto
11. What did Billy and Lydia do while on vacation?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Smoke pot
12. From whose perspective is Chapter 2 told?
(a) Billy Ansel
(b) Dolores Driscoll
(c) Lydia Ansel
(d) Bear Otto
13. Billy knew that it was not just his wife who died but _________________________.
(b) Unconditional love
(c) Who he was in her eyes
(d) Hope for the future
14. Billy has begun to _____________ death.
15. Who is Abbot Driscoll?
(a) Dolores' son
(b) Dolores' brother-in-law
(c) Dolores' father-in-law
(d) Dolores' husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Billy not do on the night his wife went to the hospital for the last time?
2. Who was the only eye witness to the bus crash?
3. How did Billy's wife die?
4. What does Dolores wonder about the dog that runs in front of the bus?
5. What is notable about the child in #18?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)