|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children are on the bus when it crashes?
2. What did Billy do the night before his children's funeral?
(a) Looked at the mangled school bus
(b) Got drunk
(c) Had a nervous breakdown
(d) Left town
3. What does Dolores do when she sees the dog?
(a) Backs up
(b) Veers left
(c) Veers right
(d) Runs over it
4. What does Billy consider his only companion now?
(b) Late night TV
5. What does Billy look at when he moves about his house?
(a) His reflection in the windows
(b) Fingerprints on the tables
(c) Cracks in the walls
(d) Pictures of his dead wife
6. In what war did Billy serve?
(a) Korean War
(c) World War II
(d) World War I
7. Who is Mitchell Stephens?
(a) A coroner
(b) A funeral director
(c) A city councilman
(d) An attorney
8. Where is Mitchell Stephens from?
(c) New York City
9. What ends the affair between Billy and Risa?
(a) They just get tired of each other
(b) She reconciles with her husband
(c) Billy meets someone new
(d) The school bus crash
10. How many children from the family in #14 get on the bus?
11. Which of the following is not one of Risa's problems?
(a) Alcohol abuse
(b) Financial problems
(c) Collapsed marriage
(d) Death of a child
12. What does Dolores need to do before her afternoon school run?
(a) Get a haircut
(b) Put chains on the tires
(c) Go to the grocery
(d) Get gas
13. Dolores always preferred to err ________________________.
(a) And be forgiven
(b) On her own terms
(c) Only once
(d) On the side of the angels
14. What does Billy consider himself to be in the house?
15. Bear Otto's parents are _______________ and artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the area in #30 known?
2. How did Billy's wife die?
3. The story is told from the perspective of how many narrators?
4. What is the relationship between Billy and Risa after the bus crash?
5. How long ago did Billy's wife die?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)