|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Dolores have?
2. Billy knew that it was not just his wife who died but _________________________.
(b) Who he was in her eyes
(c) Hope for the future
(d) Unconditional love
3. In what city does Dolores live?
(a) Sam Spade
(b) Sam Adams
(c) Sam Houston
(d) Sam Dent
4. What runs out of the area in #30 and frightens Dolores?
5. Which of the following did Billy not do on the night his wife went to the hospital for the last time?
(a) Cleaned out her closets
(b) Cleaned out her drawers
(c) Packed all her personal things
(d) Got drunk
6. Who is the Ansel twins' father?
7. What does the character in #2 think she saw on the road on that fateful morning?
(a) A raccoon
(b) A groundhog
(c) A wolf
(d) A dog
8. What happens when Billy and his family stop at a grocery while on vacation?
(a) They leave Jessica behind
(b) They buy Popsicles
(c) They are robbed
(d) They buy things for a picnic
9. The story is told from the perspective of how many narrators?
10. What can you see when it is snowing and drifting?
(b) Snow fences
(c) Optical illusions
11. Why can the eye witness not able to say what happened in the bus crash?
(a) He was changing the radio station
(b) He was unwrapping a sandwich
(c) His mind was preoccupied
(d) He was talking on his cell phone
12. In what war did Billy serve?
(a) World War II
(c) Korean War
(d) World War I
13. How long has Dolores lived in this town?
(a) 6 months
(b) 22 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 13 years
14. How many children from the family in #14 get on the bus?
15. With whom has Billy Ansel been having an affair?
(a) Maddie Evans
(b) Dolores Driscoll
(c) Risa Walker
(d) Susan MacKenzie
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy consider himself to be in the house?
2. How does Billy deal with his grief?
3. What did Billy do the night before his children's funeral?
4. What did Billy and Lydia do while on vacation?
5. Where had Risa been waiting for Billy?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)