• The story is told from the perspectives of four different people.
• Chapter 1 is told from the perspective of Dolores Driscoll, a school bus driver in Sam Dent, New York.
• Dolores recalls the events of a fateful morning when the bus she was driving crashed and killed several of the children on board.
• Dolores had been a school bus driver for 22 years and prides herself on her excellent record.
• Dolores is married to Abbott who is confined to a wheelchair so she is responsible for much of his care.
• On this morning, snow begins to fall and Dolores has almost reached her destination when she swerves to avoid hitting a dog and the bus careens out of control, goes over an embankment and into an icy pond.
• Chapter 2 is told from the perspective of Billy Ansel, the father of twins killed in the bus crash.
• Billy follows...
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)