|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Chance ask for?
2. What does Chance say everyone treats him like in his hometown?
3. What does Tom ask his father if he can use?
4. What does Boss say the front door is open like?
5. What does Miss Lucy say was inside the jewel box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)