Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scudder write a prescription for for Boss?
2. What is the name of the band playing at the hotel?
3. What does Boss think desegregation threatens?
4. Where does Tom say Heavenly is?
5. Who enters the bar after Miss Lucy leaves?
Essay Topic 1
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1950s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1950s America?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)