Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scudder write a prescription for for Boss?
2. What is the name of the band playing at the hotel?
3. What does Boss think desegregation threatens?
4. Where does Tom say Heavenly is?
5. Who enters the bar after Miss Lucy leaves?
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)