|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boss say he was giving a speech on in New Bethesda?
2. What prize did the Valiant win?
3. What does Miss Lucy say was inside the Easter egg Boss gave her?
4. What does Aunt Nonnie tell Chance he lives on?
5. What does Chance say you should not put in gin martinis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 3
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)