|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boss ask Aunt Nonnie to go and get?
2. What prize did the Valiant win?
3. What is Sally Powers' job?
4. What does Miss Lucy ask Chance if he still does?
5. Who does Miss Lucy say she had to sit with during dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)