|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does the author suggest should be played when Boss approaches his daughter?
2. What is Sally Powers' job?
3. What did Miss Lucy use to write on the mirror in the Royal Palms Hotel?
4. Whose fan club was Miss Lucy the president of?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)