Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scudder write a prescription for for Boss?
2. What is the name of the band playing at the hotel?
3. What does Boss think desegregation threatens?
4. Where does Tom say Heavenly is?
5. Who enters the bar after Miss Lucy leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)