|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the barman?
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
3. What does Chance tell Stuff everyone drinks vodka martinis with?
4. What is the name of the band playing at the hotel?
5. Where did Hatcher say he saw Chance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)