|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of table does Miss Lucy say she had to sit at during dinner?
2. What does the author say the sea wind does?
3. What does Chance say Alexandra Del Lago's money can do?
4. What did Miss Lucy use to write on the mirror in the Royal Palms Hotel?
5. Whose name does Chance call when he stops at the bottom of the Finley's drive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)