|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chance say Alexandra Del Lago's money can do?
2. What does Heavenly say her father married for?
3. What composer does the author suggest should be played when Boss approaches his daughter?
4. What is the name of the barman?
5. What is the name of Boss' son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)