|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day does Fly say it is?
2. What does Chance ask Princess not to call him?
3. What kind of drug does Princess keep under the hotel mattress?
4. Who does Chance phone in the opening scene?
5. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play end?
2. Describe the opening scene.
3. What letters does George say he sent Chance?
4. How is Chance's name ironic?
5. What does Chance ask Princess to say on the phone to Sally Potter?
6. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
7. How does Miss Lucy try and help Chance?
8. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
9. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
10. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)