Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fly say he used to wait tables?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
10. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)