|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scudder say was with Chance's mother until the end?
2. What does Princess say her interest increases with?
3. What is the name of Heavenly's father?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Who does Scudder say went through an awful experience because of Chance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess look when she enters the bar?
2. How does the play end?
3. Why is Alexandra disappointed at the end of the scene?
4. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
5. Describe the photo Chance shows Princess.
6. Why does Princess say she is currently in such a vulnerable state?
7. How does Princess put Chance down in the final scene?
8. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
9. Describe the opening scene.
10. How does Boss Finley know Chance had his daughter at fifteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1950s society.
2) Washed up Hollywood stars.
3) Mistrust of the outsider.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)