|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Chance say his name was when he met Princess for the first time?
2. What kind of lady does Chance call Princess?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. Who phones Chance in the opening scene?
5. Where does Chance say he took the photograph of Heavenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Aunt Nonnie help Chance in the past?
2. What does Sally tell Princess on the phone?
3. What did Chance find out about himself in New York?
4. What does Chance say happened last time he came to the town?
5. How does Princess look when she enters the bar?
6. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
7. Why is Alexandra disappointed at the end of the scene?
8. Why is Heavenly angry at her father?
9. Who is Sally Potter?
10. How does Scotty defend his lifestyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1950s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1950s America?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)