Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fly say he used to wait tables?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
10. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)