|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lady does Chance call Princess?
2. What does the author say Princess pants like?
3. Who does Chance say he is not going to leave town without?
4. Who does Boss Finley tell Charles to call?
5. What does Scudder say Chance has turned into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tom willing to help Princess?
2. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
3. Why did Boss Finley arrange for someone to castrate a blackman?
4. How does the play end?
5. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
6. Why is Heavenly angry at her father?
7. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
8. Who is Dan Hatcher?
9. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
10. Why does Chance say he wants to borrow Princess' car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)