|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Princess say is raging in her?
2. What bag does Princess keep her oxygen in?
3. What color suits does the author say the men should be wearing?
4. Who does Scudder say went through an awful experience because of Chance?
5. What kind of drug does Princess keep under the hotel mattress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. Who is Sally Potter?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. How does Chance know it is Sunday?
5. How does Scotty defend his lifestyle?
6. Why does George Scudder come to visit Chance?
7. Why is Alexandra disappointed at the end of the scene?
8. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
9. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
10. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 3
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)