|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the choir singing in the church across the way?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What does Princess say a dead race horse is used to make?
4. What is the man lighting at the beginning of the scene?
5. What kind of drug does Princess keep under the hotel mattress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about Princess does Chance record?
2. What does Chance say about time in the final scene?
3. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
4. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
5. Who is Dan Hatcher?
6. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
7. How is Chance's name ironic?
8. What does Easter Sunday symbolize?
9. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
10. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)