|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing in the center of the room?
2. Who does Scudder say died a couple weeks before?
3. What kind of birds squawk outside the hotel window?
4. What is Princess' real name?
5. What does Chancy say he was born with in his blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
2. Why does Princess say she is angry at Chance?
3. How does Chance manipulate Alexandra to get what he wants?
4. How does the play end?
5. Who is Dan Hatcher?
6. What does Princess say she sees outside her hotel window?
7. What does Sally tell Princess on the phone?
8. Why does George Scudder come to visit Chance?
9. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
10. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)