|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
2. What color suits does the author say the men should be wearing?
3. What kind of birds squawk outside the hotel window?
4. What is the choir singing in the church across the way?
5. Who does Scudder say was with Chance's mother until the end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fly know Chance's name?
2. How is Tom willing to help Princess?
3. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
4. Why did Boss Finley arrange for someone to castrate a blackman?
5. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
6. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
7. How does Chance know it is Sunday?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. What tip does Chance give Bud?
10. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Examine the play's chronological setting. 1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns? 2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2Examine the construction of Williams' argument. 1. How does he introduce his ideas? 2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion? 3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 3SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following? 1. Language 2. Character 3. Structure
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)