|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lady does Chance call Princess?
2. What is the name of Heavenly's father?
3. What does Princess say is the least thing she wants in the world?
4. What does Scudder refer to Chance's girl as?
5. What is the name of the town the play is set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Princess say she sees outside her hotel window?
2. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
3. Describe the photo Chance shows Princess.
4. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
5. Who is Sally Potter?
6. What does Easter Sunday symbolize?
7. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
8. What does Chance ask Princess to say on the phone to Sally Potter?
9. Why is Heavenly angry at her father?
10. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)