|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Chance say he was born in?
2. What is the name of Heavenly's father?
3. What war did Chance fight in?
4. What does Princess call a dead planet?
5. What does Scudder say Chance has turned into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Princess say she is currently in such a vulnerable state?
2. What does Boss say he wants Heavenly to do the following morning?
3. What does Chance say happened last time he came to the town?
4. How is Tom willing to help Princess?
5. How does Chance know it is Sunday?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. Why is Heavenly angry at her father?
8. Why is Alexandra disappointed at the end of the scene?
9. What do the shadows and noises of the birds symbolize?
10. What does Princess say she sees outside her hotel window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)