|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chance say he has come back to town?
2. What does Scudder tell Boss to call off?
3. What is the name of Boss' boat?
4. What does the author say Princess pants like?
5. What does Chance pick up from the chaise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
2. Why does Princess say she is currently in such a vulnerable state?
3. How is Chance's name ironic?
4. What do the shadows and noises of the birds symbolize?
5. What information about Princess does Chance record?
6. Describe the opening scene.
7. What is Chance's plan to get Heavenly back?
8. What does Sally tell Princess on the phone?
9. Why did Boss Finley arrange for someone to castrate a blackman?
10. How does Scotty defend his lifestyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)