|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
2. What does Chancy say he was born with in his blood?
3. How does Princess like her bodies?
4. What does Chance ask Princess to sign?
5. How does Boss Finley know Chance had sex with her when she was only 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
2. What information about Princess does Chance record?
3. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
4. What does Sally tell Princess on the phone?
5. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
6. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
7. What does Chance say about time in the final scene?
8. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
9. What tip does Chance give Bud?
10. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1950s society.
2) Washed up Hollywood stars.
3) Mistrust of the outsider.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)