|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the choir singing in the church across the way?
2. Who does Scudder say he is marrying?
3. What is the man lighting at the beginning of the scene?
4. Who does Chance phone in the opening scene?
5. What does Princess say is the least thing she wants in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photo Chance shows Princess.
2. Why does Chance say Heavenly is important to him?
3. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
4. How did Aunt Nonnie help Chance in the past?
5. How does Miss Lucy try and help Chance?
6. What does Boss say he wants Heavenly to do the following morning?
7. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
8. What information about Princess does Chance record?
9. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
10. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)