Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fly say he used to wait tables?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
10. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
Essay Topic 2
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)