Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chance say he will put Princess' left over money?
2. What name did Chance say his name was when he met Princess for the first time?
3. What war did Chance fight in?
4. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
5. What does Princess say she sees from the hotel window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boss' plan to move Princess out of the hotel?
2. What does Chance ask Princess to say on the phone to Sally Potter?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. How does Chance manipulate Alexandra to get what he wants?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. What does Chance say is the great difference between people in the world?
7. What tip does Chance give Bud?
8. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
9. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
10. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
How did Tennessee Williams view the 1950s? What impact have his ideas had on popular culture? Has his impact been mainly positive or mainly negative?
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)