|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chance ask Princess to sign?
2. What is Princess' real name?
3. Who is standing in the center of the room?
4. What does Princess call a dead planet?
5. Who phones Chance in the opening scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
2. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
3. Why is Alexandra disappointed at the end of the scene?
4. Why does Chance say he wants to borrow Princess' car?
5. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
6. How does Miss Lucy try and help Chance?
7. Why did Chance want to be successful as a child?
8. How does Boss Finley know Chance had his daughter at fifteen?
9. What tip does Chance give Bud?
10. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Chance's life.
1) Boss Finley.
2) Aunt Nonnie.
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)