Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fly say he used to wait tables?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
10. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
Essay Topic 1
SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)