Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fly say he used to wait tables?
2. What does Princess say is raging in her?
3. What is Princess' real name?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What does Princess say she has to do before she cashes the checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
2. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
3. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
5. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
6. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
7. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
8. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
9. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
10. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)