|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Chance say his name was when he met Princess for the first time?
2. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
3. What color pill does Princess say she needs?
4. What church is ringing its bells?
5. What is Dan Hatcher's position at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
2. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
3. How does Boss Finley know Chance had his daughter at fifteen?
4. Describe the photo Chance shows Princess.
5. Who is Dan Hatcher?
6. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
7. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
8. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
9. What does Boss say he wants Heavenly to do the following morning?
10. Why did Boss Finley arrange for someone to castrate a blackman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1950s society.
2) Washed up Hollywood stars.
3) Mistrust of the outsider.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)