|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scudder say he is marrying?
2. What does Princess say she sees from the hotel window?
3. What color pill does Princess say she needs?
4. What reason does Chance give for not receiving Scudder's letter?
5. Who does Scudder say died a couple weeks before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
2. Who is Dan Hatcher?
3. What is Boss' plan to move Princess out of the hotel?
4. What is Chance's motivation in life?
5. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
6. When did Heavenly become important to Chance?
7. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
8. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
9. What do the shadows and noises of the birds symbolize?
10. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Chance's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Chance hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Chance ideas about life?
3) How has Chance's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)