|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chance ask Princess to sign?
2. What is the name of Boss' boat?
3. Who does Scudder say was with Chance's mother until the end?
4. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
5. What does Scudder tell Boss to call off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the shadows and noises of the birds symbolize?
2. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
3. What does Easter Sunday symbolize?
4. What did Chance find out about himself in New York?
5. What does Chance say about time in the final scene?
6. How does Princess put Chance down in the final scene?
7. How does Chance manipulate Alexandra to get what he wants?
8. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
9. How does Boss Finley know Chance had his daughter at fifteen?
10. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)