|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Princess phone in the second scene?
2. Who does Scudder say was with Chance's mother until the end?
3. What does Chance tell Princess he is looking for?
4. What does Princess say her interest increases with?
5. How does Princess like her bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
2. How does Miss Lucy try and help Chance?
3. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
4. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
5. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
6. Why does Chance say he wants to borrow Princess' car?
7. Why is Heavenly angry at her father?
8. Why does Chance say Heavenly is important to him?
9. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
10. What do the shadows and noises of the birds symbolize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1950s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1950s America?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)