|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scudder say went through an awful experience because of Chance?
2. What does Chance say he does not believe in?
3. Who does Boss Finley tell Charles to call?
4. What does Chance say blocks him from taking his opportunity as an actor?
5. What color suits does the author say the men should be wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
2. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
3. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
4. Why does Princess say she is currently in such a vulnerable state?
5. Who is Dan Hatcher?
6. What does Chance say is the great difference between people in the world?
7. How does Chance manipulate Alexandra to get what he wants?
8. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
9. What letters does George say he sent Chance?
10. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 2
SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH is a play. What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
In 1962, Paul Newman starred in a movie version of SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant so many years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)