|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chancy say he was born with in his blood?
2. Who does Scudder say was with Chance's mother until the end?
3. Who does Chance say he is not going to leave town without?
4. What kind of drug does Princess keep under the hotel mattress?
5. Where does Chance say he will put Princess' left over money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess react to Tom Jr's bullying tactics?
2. Who is Sally Potter?
3. Why is Aunt Nonnie angry at Boss Finley?
4. Why does Boss ban his daughter from entering a convent?
5. What does Chance ask Princess to say on the phone to Sally Potter?
6. How does Heavenly disappoint Chance?
7. How does Princess put Chance down in the final scene?
8. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
9. What is Chance's motivation in life?
10. What did Chance find out about himself in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Chance to Boss.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)