|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Princess say her interest increases with?
2. Where does Chance say he took the photograph of Heavenly?
3. What does Chance say blocks him from taking his opportunity as an actor?
4. What does Scudder say Chance has turned into?
5. What does Chance ask Princess not to call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tom Jr. angry at his father?
2. How did George try to notify Chance his mother was dead?
3. Why does Chance say he wants to borrow Princess' car?
4. Why did Boss Finley arrange for someone to castrate a blackman?
5. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
6. Why does Princess say she is angry at Chance?
7. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
8. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
9. Why does George Scudder come to visit Chance?
10. Why does Princess say she is currently in such a vulnerable state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view.
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)