|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chance say he is not going to leave town without?
2. What is Princess' real name?
3. What does Princess say a dead race horse is used to make?
4. Who does Chance phone in the opening scene?
5. Who does Scudder say he is marrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chance bribe the train conductor to give him and Heavenly an empty carriage?
2. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
3. Why does Chance say Heavenly is important to him?
4. How does Princess look when she enters the bar?
5. What problem had Heavenly had to go through since she last saw Chance?
6. How did Princess know Chance had been defeated?
7. What is Chance's motivation in life?
8. Why does Princess' elation disappear?
9. What information about Princess does Chance record?
10. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the South to the days during segregation to the days after segregation. How did desegregation affect the South in terms of the following:
1) Local government.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)