|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boss Finley tell Charles to call?
2. Why does Chance say he has come back to town?
3. How does Princess like her bodies?
4. What kind of drink does Princess want to have with her pill?
5. What reason does Chance give for not receiving Scudder's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Princess look when she enters the bar?
2. How did Aunt Nonnie help Chance in the past?
3. What does Chance say happened last time he came to the town?
4. What problems does Boss say Tom Jr. has caused him?
5. Who is Dan Hatcher?
6. What did Chance find out about himself in New York?
7. How does Chance help Princess in the opening scene?
8. How does the bar react when Chance asks them to sing along to his song?
9. Why does Chance say Heavenly is important to him?
10. How does the play end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1950s society.
2) Washed up Hollywood stars.
3) Mistrust of the outsider.
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Chance's generation face? How are the problems for Chance's generation different from the problems his father's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)