|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug does Princess keep under the hotel mattress?
2. What color suits does the author say the men should be wearing?
3. Who is standing near Boss Finley?
4. What color pill does Princess say she needs?
5. What church is ringing its bells?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chance achieve in his youth?
2. How does Chance know it is Sunday?
3. Why does Chance think he has every right to be in St. Cloud?
4. How does Princess react to what Sally tells her?
5. What does Chance ask Princess to say on the phone to Sally Potter?
6. What information about Princess does Chance record?
7. Why does George Scudder come to visit Chance?
8. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Heavenly's relationship with her father?
9. How does Miss Lucy help the heckler?
10. Describe the opening scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
1. New York.
2. Los Angeles.
3. Jefferson County.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Williams' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Williams' argument?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)