|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
2. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
3. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree tells her what she realized about Brother Rush?
4. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
5. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
2. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
4. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
5. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
6. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
7. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
8. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
9. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
10. What ails Brother Rush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Miss Pricherd and M'Vy. How are they similar? How are they different? Which one is a better mother figure for Tree? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either one, as a mother?
Essay Topic 3
What does Dab's illness seem to be, and how important is it that we know exactly what it is? Considering how his health affects the rest of the story, does it matter what it is, exactly?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)