|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say M'Vy has always treated Dab?
2. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
3. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
4. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
5. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Tree get in return for the loss of her brother? Is she compensated, or does she simply lose him?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 3
What are the rules for the alternate reality Tree travels to? Is it a dream, or is it really another time? Who else has the power to go back and forth? Do you think Tree will see Dab in her little room one day?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)