|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
2. What is Tree's nightmare?
3. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
4. What makes Tree erupt and scream at M'Vy and Silversmith?
5. What does Tree say Brother Rush's hands are full of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
2. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
3. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
4. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
5. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
6. What does Tree learn when she sees Brother Rush after Dab's death?
7. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
8. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
9. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
10. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Miss Pricherd and M'Vy. How are they similar? How are they different? Which one is a better mother figure for Tree? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either one, as a mother?
Essay Topic 2
What are the rules for the alternate reality Tree travels to? Is it a dream, or is it really another time? Who else has the power to go back and forth? Do you think Tree will see Dab in her little room one day?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)