|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
2. What is Tree's nightmare?
3. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
4. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
5. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
2. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
3. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
4. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
5. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
6. What ails Brother Rush?
7. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
8. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
9. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
10. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What do you think the author holds as hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she may be? What can you find out about her online or in research? Anchor your sketch with passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
M'Vy tells Tree that she had not told her much about her family because she wanted to keep a closed fist to beat fate. Does Tree try to beat fate, or how does she try to deal with fate's effect on her life? Who else has techniques for dealing with fate? How successful do these other techniques seem to be?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)