|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories does Don tell Tree?
2. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
3. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
4. What does Don do over dinner?
5. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
2. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
3. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
4. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
5. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
6. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
7. How is Silversmith described?
8. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
9. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
10. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What do you think the author holds as hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she may be? What can you find out about her online or in research? Anchor your sketch with passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it for? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)