|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Pricherd respond when Tree calls her by her nickname?
2. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
3. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
4. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
5. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
2. What is Tree's nightmare?
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
4. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
5. What ails Brother Rush?
6. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
7. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
8. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
9. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
10. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the rules for the alternate reality Tree travels to? Is it a dream, or is it really another time? Who else has the power to go back and forth? Do you think Tree will see Dab in her little room one day?
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it for? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)