|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
2. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
3. How does the narrator say M'Vy has always treated Dab?
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
5. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
Essay Topic 1
Why are M'Vy and Tree able to reconcile at the end of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? What has changed that allows their relationship to go into the future?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
M'Vy tells Tree that she had not told her much about her family because she wanted to keep a closed fist to beat fate. Does Tree try to beat fate, or how does she try to deal with fate's effect on her life? Who else has techniques for dealing with fate? How successful do these other techniques seem to be?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)