|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
2. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
3. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
5. What do M'Vy, Tree and Silversmith have to do before they can see Dab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
2. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
3. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
4. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
6. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
7. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
8. What is Tree's nightmare?
9. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
10. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ken and Silversmith. How are they similar? How are they different? What are they like as people? What are they like as father figures for Tree?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Miss Pricherd and M'Vy. How are they similar? How are they different? Which one is a better mother figure for Tree? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either one, as a mother?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)