|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree tells her what she realized about Brother Rush?
2. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
3. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
4. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
5. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", another book in which children are transported into another world through a special portal.
Essay Topic 3
What does Dab's illness seem to be, and how important is it that we know exactly what it is? Considering how his health affects the rest of the story, does it matter what it is, exactly?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)