|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
2. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
4. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
5. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
Essay Topic 1
How does Tree change from the beginning of the book to the end? What has she learned, and how has she grown? How has her relationship with her mother changed?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tree get in return for the loss of her brother? Is she compensated, or does she simply lose him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", another book in which children are transported into another world through a special portal.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)