|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
2. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
4. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
5. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
2. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
3. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
4. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
5. What ails Brother Rush?
6. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
7. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
8. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
9. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
10. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", another book in which children are transported into another world through a special portal.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)