|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
2. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
3. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
4. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
5. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
2. What ails Brother Rush?
3. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
4. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
6. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
7. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
8. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
9. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
10. How is Silversmith described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ken and Silversmith. How are they similar? How are they different? What are they like as people? What are they like as father figures for Tree?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)