|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
2. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
3. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
4. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
5. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
2. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
3. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
4. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
6. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
7. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
8. How is Silversmith described?
9. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
10. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Tree will continue to go back into the past -- and into her own childhood -- from the little room? Or was her trip back into the past just part of her growing up and becoming the person she is in the present?
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it for? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)