Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
2. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
3. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
4. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
5. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", another book in which children are transported into another world through a special portal.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What do you think the author holds as hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she may be? What can you find out about her online or in research? Anchor your sketch with passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it for? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)