|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
2. What threat does Tree make, when she and M'Vy disagree about the funeral?
3. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
4. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
5. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree learn when she sees Brother Rush after Dab's death?
2. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
3. What is Tree's nightmare?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
5. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
6. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
7. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
8. What ails Brother Rush?
9. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
10. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Miss Pricherd and M'Vy. How are they similar? How are they different? Which one is a better mother figure for Tree? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either one, as a mother?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)