|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree go back to?
2. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
3. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
4. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
5. What makes Dab cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
2. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
3. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
4. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
5. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
6. What is Tree as a cook?
7. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
8. Where is Tree transported to?
9. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room when Tree takes her back there?
10. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tree change from the beginning of the book to the end? What has she learned, and how has she grown? How has her relationship with her mother changed?
Essay Topic 3
What are the rules for the alternate reality Tree travels to? Is it a dream, or is it really another time? Who else has the power to go back and forth? Do you think Tree will see Dab in her little room one day?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)