Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. What does Tree do for Dab?
3. What makes the baby happy?
4. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
5. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
2. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
3. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
4. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
5. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
6. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
7. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
8. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
10. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
Essay Topic 1
What does Dab's illness seem to be, and how important is it that we know exactly what it is? Considering how his health affects the rest of the story, does it matter what it is, exactly?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tree get in return for the loss of her brother? Is she compensated, or does she simply lose him?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Tree's daughter would see if she were to find a little room in her own house, twenty or thirty years into the future? Will Tree tell her daughter everything, do you think, or will she be open about the things she is ashamed of?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)