|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation did Tree use to explain what Miss Pricherd saw?
2. How old is Teresa?
3. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
4. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
5. How did Brother Rush die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
2. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
3. Where is Tree transported to?
4. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
5. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
6. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
7. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
8. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
9. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
10. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tree change from the beginning of the book to the end? What has she learned, and how has she grown? How has her relationship with her mother changed?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
What does Dab's illness seem to be, and how important is it that we know exactly what it is? Considering how his health affects the rest of the story, does it matter what it is, exactly?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)