Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. What does Tree do for Dab?
3. What makes the baby happy?
4. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
5. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
2. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
3. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
4. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
5. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
6. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
7. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
8. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
10. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Many stories of people living in poor circumstances are centered on the possibility that one day they'll live better lives, especially when children are involved, since everyone wants to think that children raised in poverty will be better taken care of in the future. What role does this storyline play in "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? What hope do we have for Tree's future, and how does the story encourage us to believe that her future will be better than the present?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", another book in which children are transported into another world through a special portal.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)