|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
2. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
3. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
4. What makes M'Vy believe Tree when she says that Dab is sick?
5. What does Tree check Dab for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
2. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
3. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
4. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
5. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
6. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
7. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
8. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
9. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
10. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
Essay Topic 1
What are the rules for the alternate reality Tree travels to? Is it a dream, or is it really another time? Who else has the power to go back and forth? Do you think Tree will see Dab in her little room one day?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tree get in return for the loss of her brother? Is she compensated, or does she simply lose him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Miss Pricherd and M'Vy. How are they similar? How are they different? Which one is a better mother figure for Tree? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either one, as a mother?
This section contains 1,551 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)