|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
2. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
3. Where does Tree go back to?
4. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
5. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
2. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
3. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
4. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
6. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
7. What is Tree as a cook?
8. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
9. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
10. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Tree will continue to go back into the past -- and into her own childhood -- from the little room? Or was her trip back into the past just part of her growing up and becoming the person she is in the present?
Essay Topic 2
Many stories of people living in poor circumstances are centered on the possibility that one day they'll live better lives, especially when children are involved, since everyone wants to think that children raised in poverty will be better taken care of in the future. What role does this storyline play in "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? What hope do we have for Tree's future, and how does the story encourage us to believe that her future will be better than the present?
Essay Topic 3
What does Tree get in return for the loss of her brother? Is she compensated, or does she simply lose him?
This section contains 1,522 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)