|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
2. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
3. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
4. What answer does Brother Rush give to Tree's question?
5. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
2. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
3. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
4. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
5. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
6. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
7. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
8. How is Brother Rush's death described?
9. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
10. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dab's illness seem to be, and how important is it that we know exactly what it is? Considering how his health affects the rest of the story, does it matter what it is, exactly?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)