|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
2. What does Tree check Dab for?
3. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
4. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
5. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
2. How is Brother Rush's death described?
3. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
4. Where is Tree transported to?
5. What makes the baby happy?
6. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
7. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
8. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
9. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
10. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you recommend Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it for? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ken and Silversmith. How are they similar? How are they different? What are they like as people? What are they like as father figures for Tree?
Essay Topic 3
Why are M'Vy and Tree able to reconcile at the end of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"? What has changed that allows their relationship to go into the future?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)