|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
(a) That it never mattered to her, who her father had been.
(b) That she has never asked questions.
(c) That her mother has been gone a lot of the time.
(d) That she never knew where she came from.
2. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
(a) She tries to hide from her.
(b) She tries to convince her how sick Dab is.
(c) She runs to the little room looking for Brother Rush.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
3. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why she never told her about the accident.
(b) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(c) Why Dab was so limited.
(d) Why Brother Rush had died.
4. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) Someone's house.
(d) A park.
5. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More miserable.
(b) More concerned.
(c) More desperate.
(d) Less guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
2. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
3. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
4. What stories does Don tell Tree?
5. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
2. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
3. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
4. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
5. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
6. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
7. What ails Brother Rush?
8. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
9. What does Tree learn when she sees Brother Rush after Dab's death?
10. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)