|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
(a) That she never knew where she came from.
(b) That her mother has been gone a lot of the time.
(c) That she has never asked questions.
(d) That it never mattered to her, who her father had been.
2. What does Tree say Brother Rush's hands are full of?
3. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
(a) He is fine.
(b) His condition is constantly changing.
(c) He is on life support.
(d) He cannot speak.
4. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(b) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
(c) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
(d) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
5. What detail does Tree seize on in Brother Rush's story?
(a) Other disappearing fathers.
(b) Other brothers.
(c) Other family members.
(d) Other car accidents in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tree erupt and scream at M'Vy and Silversmith?
2. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
3. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
4. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
5. What does Don do over dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
2. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
3. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
4. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
5. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
6. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
7. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
8. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
9. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
10. What ails Brother Rush?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)