|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
(a) That with Miss Pricherd in the house, she will have something like a family.
(b) That there is no forgiving what her mother has done, and she will have to live with it.
(c) That she is being abandoned so her mother can go with Silversmith.
(d) That Silversmith will look after her now, and she can forgive her mother because things will change.
2. What does M'Vy object to the things Tree tells her about he funeral?
(a) It was what Tree wanted, not what Dab wanted.
(b) It isn't what Dab would want.
(c) She doesn't have the money.
(d) That Dab wouldn't notice what they did.
3. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
(a) At M'Vy's house.
(b) In Brother Rush's house.
(c) At Brother Rush's funeral.
(d) In the car.
4. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will never leave.
(c) He will be cured for good.
(d) He will be taken from her.
5. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More concerned.
(b) More desperate.
(c) More miserable.
(d) Less guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
2. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
3. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
4. How does Miss Pricherd respond when Tree calls her by her nickname?
5. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
2. How is Silversmith described?
3. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
4. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
6. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
7. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
8. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
10. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)