|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
(a) In the car.
(b) At Brother Rush's funeral.
(c) At M'Vy's house.
(d) In Brother Rush's house.
2. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
(b) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(c) Brother Rush is not there.
(d) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
3. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) His condition is constantly changing.
(d) He is on life support.
4. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(b) Have all the children tested.
(c) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
(d) Had Dab inoculated.
5. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
(a) Congenital blood diseases.
(b) Birth defects.
(c) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
2. What is Miss Pricherd doing, when Tree sees her?
3. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
4. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
5. What do M'Vy, Tree and Silversmith have to do before they can see Dab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
2. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
4. How is Silversmith described?
5. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
6. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
7. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
8. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
9. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
10. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)