|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They hit it off.
(b) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
(c) They become friends slowly.
(d) They bristle at each other.
2. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why she never told her about the accident.
(b) Why Dab was so limited.
(c) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(d) Why Brother Rush had died.
3. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
(a) She closes her eyes.
(b) She climbs under the car and is back in the room.
(c) She blacks out in the accident.
(d) She goes through the trunk.
4. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(b) That she fell from a high wire.
(c) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(d) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
5. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
(a) That she and Silversmith are getting married.
(b) That Dab had told her that he didn't want a service.
(c) That she and Silversmith have started a catering business.
(d) That Silversmith doesn't have money to pay for the funeral either.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
2. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
3. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
4. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
5. What does Don do over dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tree's nightmare?
2. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
3. How is Silversmith described?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
5. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
6. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
7. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
8. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
9. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
10. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)