|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
(a) Birth defects.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Congenital blood diseases.
2. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
(a) She tries to hide from her.
(b) She becomes hysterical.
(c) She tries to convince her how sick Dab is.
(d) She runs to the little room looking for Brother Rush.
3. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
(a) She doesn't understand what's happening.
(b) She thinks Tree is making everything up.
(c) She believes her.
(d) She believes the child is possessed.
4. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
(a) Tree's father.
(c) Brother Rush's girlfriend.
5. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
(b) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
(c) It unnerves M'Vy.
(d) It makes the ghost more real.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
2. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
3. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
4. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
5. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
2. Why does Tree get upset when M'Vy says that it is time to go out?
3. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
4. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
5. How is Silversmith described?
6. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
7. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
8. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
9. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
10. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)