|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Don tell Tree?
(a) He tells Tree about his brother who died.
(b) He tells Tree how M'Vy and Silversmith met.
(c) He describes his own experiences.
(d) He describes what he knows about M'Vy and Silversmith's relationship.
2. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) In surgery.
(b) Getting x-rays.
(c) In a special room.
(d) In the lab getting blood work.
3. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That she was responsible for Dab's condition.
(b) That Dab was getting better.
(c) That Dab was dead.
(d) That Dab was going to die.
4. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) He is missing part of a finger.
(b) Tattoos on his hands.
(c) Scars and sores on his hands.
(d) Soft tender palms.
5. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
(b) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
(c) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
(d) She says that wanted to beat fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
2. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
3. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
4. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
5. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
2. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
3. What does Tree learn when she sees Brother Rush after Dab's death?
4. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
5. How is Silversmith described?
6. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
7. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
8. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
9. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
10. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)