|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(a) Old Lady.
(d) Granny Pricherd.
2. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
(a) A little worse.
(b) He is near death.
(d) About the same.
3. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) A childhood accident.
(b) A blood illness.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) Religious retribution for her sins.
4. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
(b) Brother Rush is not there.
(c) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(d) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
5. What did Dab die of?
(b) Respiratory paralysis.
(d) The simple flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
2. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
3. Who is Don?
4. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
5. What makes Tree erupt and scream at M'Vy and Silversmith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
2. How is Silversmith described?
3. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
4. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
5. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
6. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
7. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
8. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
9. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
10. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)