|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
(a) That it's possible to communicate with the dead.
(b) That M'Vy was not responsible.
(c) That Brother Rush is a figment of her imagination.
(d) That Dab is dead.
2. Who is Don?
(a) Silversmith's father.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Silversmith's son.
(d) One of M'Vy's brothers.
3. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(b) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(c) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
(d) That she fell from a high wire.
4. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(a) The nature of the afterlife.
(b) Guilt about Dab's death.
(c) The future with her and Silversmith.
5. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
(d) Her own imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
2. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
3. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
5. What does M'Vy object to the things Tree tells her about he funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tree's nightmare?
2. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
3. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
4. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
5. What are Tree's feelings about Dab's sickness?
6. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
7. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
8. What does Tree learn when she sees Brother Rush after Dab's death?
9. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
10. What ails Brother Rush?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)