|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) Clench and tremble.
(b) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
(c) They seem to dance.
(d) They lie still as if her were dead.
2. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) Someone's house.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A park.
(d) A jazz club.
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree about Ken?
(a) He lives in New Orleans and sends money when he can.
(b) He died shortly after the accident that killed Brother Rush.
(c) He is still alive but she does not know where he is.
(d) He is in prison for the accident that killed Brother Rush.
4. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
(b) Brother Rush is not there.
(c) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(d) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
5. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Have all the children tested.
(b) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
(c) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(d) Had Dab inoculated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
2. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
3. What does M'Vy say is Dab's problem?
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
5. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
2. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
4. How is Silversmith described?
5. What is Tree's nightmare?
6. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
7. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
8. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
9. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
10. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)