|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say M'Vy has always treated Dab?
(a) She made allowance for his debility.
(b) She blamed him for being a half-wit.
(c) She beat him when he could not do things.
(d) She got impatient with him.
2. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) Getting x-rays.
(b) In surgery.
(c) In a special room.
(d) In the lab getting blood work.
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not telling her important things about the past.
(b) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(c) Leaving Dab with her.
(d) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
4. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) That he doesn't need the pills.
(b) That he is terminally ill.
(c) That he was born with a birth defect.
(d) That he is a junkie.
5. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
(b) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
(c) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
(d) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
2. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
3. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
4. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
5. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
2. What ails Brother Rush?
3. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
4. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
5. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
6. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
7. What does M'Vy tell Tree about her brothers and Dab?
8. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
9. What new information does Tree learn about Brother Rush's death, when they are checking in at the hospital?
10. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)