|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
(b) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(c) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
(d) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
2. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
(a) She climbs under the car and is back in the room.
(b) She closes her eyes.
(c) She goes through the trunk.
(d) She blacks out in the accident.
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not telling her important things about the past.
(b) Leaving Dab with her.
(c) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(d) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree to do?
(a) Do her homework and be a good girl.
(c) Make a cad for her brother.
(d) Walk to the hospital.
5. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
(c) Her own imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
2. What do M'Vy, Tree and Silversmith have to do before they can see Dab?
3. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
4. What stories does Don tell Tree?
5. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
2. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
4. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
5. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
6. Describe Brother Rush's house, when Brother Rush takes Tree and Dab there.
7. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
8. How does the narrator describe the relationship between M'Vy and Dab?
9. What does Tree see when she and M'Vy are transported back to the past together?
10. What is Tree and M'Vy's relationship like, at the end of the book?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)