|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) It just comes to her.
(b) His clothing is embroidered with it.
(c) He tells her.
(d) Her friends told her.
2. What is M'Vy scared by?
(a) Dab's health.
(b) Brother Rush's driving.
(c) The darkness in the house.
(d) Miss Pricherd's nervousness.
3. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Take Dab to school.
(b) Help Tree with her homework.
(c) Bring food.
(d) Clean the house.
4. Why doesn't Dab get up?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is tired from being up all night.
(c) He says that everything hurts.
(d) He is lazy.
5. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) Car keys.
(b) A baby.
(c) A mirror-like object.
(d) A window frame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
2. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
3. What does Tree check Dab for?
4. What is Tree afraid of?
5. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
2. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
3. How is Dab described?
4. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
5. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
6. What happens when Miss Pricherd cleans Dab's room?
7. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
8. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
9. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
10. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)