|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Brother Rush.
2. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Children she doesn't know.
3. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She is impatient.
(d) She is afraid.
4. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
(a) Laughs joyfully.
(c) Cries non-stop.
(d) Runs out of the kitchen.
5. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Take Dab to school.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Help Tree with her homework.
(d) Bring food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
2. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
3. Who showed up by six p.m.?
4. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
5. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
2. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
3. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
4. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
5. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
6. What happens when Tree finally gets to talk to her mother?
7. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
8. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
9. How is Dab described?
10. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)