|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. What does Tree do for Dab?
(a) She makes breakfast.
(b) She washes him in bed.
(c) She cleans his room.
(d) She makes Miss Pricherd go away.
3. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) Brother Rush.
(c) The insects in the field.
(d) The mother.
4. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
5. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
(a) That Brother Rush would have left a note.
(b) That Brother Rush would still be there.
(c) That Brother Rush would be gone.
(d) That Miss Pricherd would get Brother Rush to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
2. When does Chapter 5 begin?
3. What does Tree check Dab for?
4. What snaps Tree back to the present?
5. What does Brother Rush do at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
2. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
3. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
4. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
5. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
6. What does Tree see from the back seat of the car, when no one knows she is there?
7. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
8. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Silversmith.
10. What does Tree learn from M'Vy about Dab's condition?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)