|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(a) Miss Pricherd's home.
(b) A house where her mother is working.
(c) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
2. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
(a) The faucet.
(b) The banister on the stairs.
(c) The window.
(d) The doorknob.
3. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
(b) Hardly any time at all.
4. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He vaporizes.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) He is standing in the middle of a table.
(d) He is translucent.
5. How old is Dab?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
3. What does Dab do all day?
4. Who is Tree?
5. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's discovery of Dab's death.
2. What does M'Vy tell Tree is wrong with Dab?
3. What ails Brother Rush?
4. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
5. What makes the baby happy?
6. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
7. What happens that Dab gets taken to the hospital?
8. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
9. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
10. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)