|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The insects in the field.
(b) The sunlight.
(c) Brother Rush.
(d) The mother.
2. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Chicken and rice.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
3. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
(a) She is a liar.
(b) She is a sneak.
(c) She is a cheat.
(d) She is dirty.
4. What was NOT stored in the room Tree claimed as her private place?
(a) Comic books.
(b) A broken TV.
(c) Old shoes.
(d) Her father's things.
5. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That the baby is Brother Rush.
(b) That the baby is her mother.
(c) That she is the woman's sister.
(d) That she is the woman and the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
2. How old is Teresa?
3. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
4. Where is Tree whisked away to?
5. What sound woke Tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
2. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
3. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
4. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
5. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
6. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
7. What is Tree as a cook?
8. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
9. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
10. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)