|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is sympathetic.
(c) She is smitten.
(d) She is intimidated.
2. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
(a) To the park.
(b) To a baseball game.
(c) To a jazz club.
(d) To his house.
3. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
(a) Miss Pricherd has to clean his room.
(b) She wants time to herself.
(c) It is time for his lessons.
(d) They have to go shopping.
4. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Boys on the corner.
5. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
(a) She is incredulous.
(b) She is grateful for the knowledge.
(c) She wonders 'why me'.
(d) She is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
2. Where is Tree whisked away to?
3. Why doesn't Dab get up?
4. What is M'Vy scared by?
5. What did Tree do in this private place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
2. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
3. What is Tree as a cook?
4. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
5. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
6. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room when Tree takes her back there?
7. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
8. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
9. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
10. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)