|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) Her brother visited her there.
(b) The room is magical.
(c) She had hallucinated.
(d) There wasn't anyone there.
2. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Work at a meat packing plant.
(b) Deliver numbers.
(c) Play jazz.
(d) Sing in a nightclub.
3. What does Tree do for Dab?
(a) She cleans his room.
(b) She makes breakfast.
(c) She makes Miss Pricherd go away.
(d) She washes him in bed.
4. What does Tree check Dab for?
(d) Blood sugar.
5. What did Tree do in this private place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
2. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
3. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
4. What is M'Vy scared by?
5. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
2. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
3. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
4. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
5. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
6. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
7. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
8. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
9. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
10. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)