|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Dab get up?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He says that everything hurts.
(c) He is tired from being up all night.
(d) He is lazy.
2. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Comforts him.
(b) Hits him with a switch.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Scolds him.
3. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
(a) She feels like she is not herself any more.
(b) She feels transported to a faraway place.
(c) She feels like the laws of time and gravity do not apply to her.
(d) She feels like she is dreaming, and anything is possible.
4. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Dab's room.
(c) Her room.
(d) The little room.
5. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) The lock doesn't work.
(b) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(c) She lost her keys.
(d) Her hands are full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
2. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
4. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
5. Who is Tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
2. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
3. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
4. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
5. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
6. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
7. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
8. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
9. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
10. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)