|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
(a) A little bit odd, and sensitive looking.
(b) Dark-skinned and mournful-looking.
(c) Intelligent looking and aloof.
(d) Good looking with freckles.
2. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) Her room.
(b) Dab's room.
(c) The little room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
(a) To a jazz club.
(b) To a baseball game.
(c) To the park.
(d) To his house.
4. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
(a) She wonders 'why me'.
(b) She is grateful for the knowledge.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is incredulous.
5. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They finish each other's sentences.
(b) They respect each other's privacy.
(c) They help each other with everything.
(d) They ignore each other as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
2. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
3. Who showed up by six p.m.?
4. Who is Tree?
5. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
2. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
3. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
4. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
5. Where is Tree transported to?
6. How is Brother Rush's death described?
7. What is Tree as a cook?
8. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
9. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
10. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)