|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Brother Rush die?
(a) In an accident at the plant.
(c) In a knife fight.
(d) In a car accident.
2. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Bring food.
(b) Help Tree with her homework.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Take Dab to school.
3. Where does Tree go back to?
(a) M'Vy's old house.
(b) Brother Rush's Buick.
(c) Brother Rush's bar.
(d) A baseball game.
4. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(b) He sees the woman with the baby.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He doesn't see anything.
5. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
(a) She asks straight out what happened to him.
(b) She says she saw him.
(c) She describes him as if he were a stranger.
(d) She asks M'Vy if she believes in ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
2. Who is Tree?
3. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
4. What does one of Tree's teachers suggest she take?
5. What snaps Tree back to the present?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
2. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
3. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
4. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
5. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
6. What is Tree as a cook?
7. How is Brother Rush's death described?
8. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
9. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
10. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)