|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
2. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
(a) Tree screams.
(b) She sees Brother Rush.
(c) Tree comes barging in.
(d) Nothing happens.
3. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That she is the woman and the baby.
(b) That she is the woman's sister.
(c) That the baby is Brother Rush.
(d) That the baby is her mother.
4. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A do-wah singer.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A blues musician.
(d) A fighter.
5. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
(a) The faucet.
(b) The doorknob.
(c) The window.
(d) The banister on the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
2. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
3. What is Dab upset about at dinner?
4. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
5. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
2. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
3. How is Dab described?
4. What is Tree as a cook?
5. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
6. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
7. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
8. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
9. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
10. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)