|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That the baby is her mother.
(b) That the baby is Brother Rush.
(c) That she is the woman and the baby.
(d) That she is the woman's sister.
2. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(b) Brother Rush.
(c) Her teacher.
3. What is Tree afraid of?
(a) Taking care of Dab by herself.
(b) What Miss Pricherd saw.
(c) Dab getting sick and dying.
(d) Going into her mind and getting trapped there.
4. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
5. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is not happy.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is impatient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
2. How old is Teresa?
3. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
4. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
5. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
2. What makes the baby happy?
3. How is Brother Rush's death described?
4. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
5. What happens when Tree finally gets to talk to her mother?
6. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
7. Where is Tree transported to?
8. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
10. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)