|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
(a) Brother Rush has replaced the vision she saw at first.
(b) Her mother has chased Brother Rush out of the room.
(c) Brother Rush is still there.
(d) Brother Rush is older.
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They help each other with everything.
(b) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They respect each other's privacy.
3. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(a) Miss Pricherd's home.
(c) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
(d) A house where her mother is working.
4. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
(a) Cries non-stop.
(b) Runs out of the kitchen.
(d) Laughs joyfully.
5. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Brother Rush.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
2. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
3. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
4. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
5. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
2. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
3. Where is Tree transported to?
4. How is Brother Rush's death described?
5. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
6. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
7. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
8. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
9. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
10. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)