|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
(b) Children she doesn't know.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He tries to jump out of the car.
(b) He wets himself.
(c) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
(d) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
3. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
4. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Rushes in.
(b) Nearly faints.
(c) Goes to the kitchen.
(d) Falls to her knees.
5. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is impatient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
2. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
4. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
5. Who showed up by six p.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
2. What ails Brother Rush?
3. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
4. What makes Tree think of Dab when she is at home alone?
5. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
6. What is Tree's nightmare?
7. What prompts Tree to decide to leave home?
8. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
9. What happens when Tree finally gets to talk to her mother?
10. How is the relationship with Tree and Miss Pricherd different at the end of the book?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)