|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Rushes in.
(b) Nearly faints.
(c) Falls to her knees.
(d) Goes to the kitchen.
2. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
(a) He won't understand.
(b) She promised Brother Rush not to tell.
(c) She wants to keep it secret.
(d) She isn't sure what happened, herself.
3. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A knife.
(c) A whistle.
(d) Tear gas.
4. How did Brother Rush die?
(b) In an accident at the plant.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a knife fight.
5. Where does Tree go back to?
(a) Brother Rush's bar.
(b) Brother Rush's Buick.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) M'Vy's old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Teresa?
2. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
3. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
4. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
5. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
2. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
3. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
4. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
5. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
6. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room when Tree takes her back there?
7. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
8. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
9. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
10. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)