|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree do for Dab?
(a) She makes breakfast.
(b) She washes him in bed.
(c) She makes Miss Pricherd go away.
(d) She cleans his room.
2. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He tries to jump out of the car.
(b) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
(c) He wets himself.
(d) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
3. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) The lock doesn't work.
(b) Her hands are full.
(c) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(d) She lost her keys.
4. Why doesn't Dab get up?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is tired from being up all night.
(c) He says that everything hurts.
(d) He is lazy.
5. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Her father.
(b) Brother Rush.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
2. Who is Dab?
3. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
4. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
5. Who is Tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
2. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
3. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
4. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
5. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
6. What is Tree as a cook?
7. How is Brother Rush's death described?
8. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
9. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
10. What happens when Tree finally gets to talk to her mother?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)