|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Play jazz.
(b) Sing in a nightclub.
(c) Work at a meat packing plant.
(d) Deliver numbers.
2. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
(a) She is a sneak.
(b) She is dirty.
(c) She is a liar.
(d) She is a cheat.
3. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees the woman with the baby.
(b) He doesn't see anything.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
4. What does Dab do all day?
(a) Walks around the neighbor.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Goes to school.
(d) Stays in bed.
5. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
(a) Why he is doing this to her.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether he is alright.
(d) Where he is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
2. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
3. Who notices Teresa?
4. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
5. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
2. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
3. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
4. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
5. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
6. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
7. How is Dab described?
8. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
9. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
10. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)