|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound woke Tree?
(a) M'Vy putting her purse down.
(b) Her own screams in a dream.
(c) Dab's cries.
(d) Brother Rush appearing beside her.
2. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
(d) A marketing list.
3. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A blues musician.
(d) A do-wah singer.
4. Where does Tree go back to?
(a) Brother Rush's Buick.
(b) Brother Rush's bar.
(c) M'Vy's old house.
(d) A baseball game.
5. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Throws him into the back seat.
(b) Throws him out of the car.
(c) Comforts him.
(d) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dab do all day?
2. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
3. When does Chapter 5 begin?
4. What is Tree like as a student?
5. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
2. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
3. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
4. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
5. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
6. Where is Tree transported to?
7. How is Dab described?
8. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
9. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
10. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)