|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Teresa?
2. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That the baby is Brother Rush.
(b) That the baby is her mother.
(c) That she is the woman's sister.
(d) That she is the woman and the baby.
3. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(b) The lock doesn't work.
(c) She lost her keys.
(d) Her hands are full.
4. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
(a) That Brother Rush would be gone.
(b) That Brother Rush would still be there.
(c) That Miss Pricherd would get Brother Rush to speak.
(d) That Brother Rush would have left a note.
5. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A blues musician.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A do-wah singer.
(d) A fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
2. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
3. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
4. What answer does Brother Rush give to Tree's question?
5. Why doesn't Dab get up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
2. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
3. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room?
4. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room when Tree takes her back there?
5. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
6. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
7. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
8. Where is Tree transported to?
9. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
10. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)