|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She clutches her books to her.
(b) She calls back rowdily.
(c) She screams and runs away.
(d) She pretends she is not noticed.
2. What did Tree do in this private place?
3. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She is impatient.
(d) She is relieved.
4. What snaps Tree back to the present?
(a) Dab comes into the room.
(b) She is called by her mother.
(c) A breeze blows through.
(d) She gets hungry.
5. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He wets himself.
(b) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
(c) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
(d) He tries to jump out of the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tree whisked away to?
2. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
3. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
4. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
5. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
2. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
3. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
4. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
5. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
6. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
7. What does Miss Pricherd see in the little room when Tree takes her back there?
8. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
9. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
10. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)