|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She pretends she is not noticed.
(b) She screams and runs away.
(c) She clutches her books to her.
(d) She calls back rowdily.
2. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Brother Rush.
(d) Miss Pricherd.
3. Who is Dab?
(a) Tree's brother.
(b) Tree's teacher.
(c) Tree's cousin.
(d) The man on the stoop.
4. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a legal secretary.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a cashier.
(d) She is a nurse.
5. What is Dab upset about at dinner?
(a) He is confused about Brother Rush.
(b) His stomach hurts.
(c) He didn't know where Tree went when she was in the vision with Brother Rush.
(d) He is afraid M'Vy won't come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M'Vy scared by?
2. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
3. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
4. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
5. How old is Dab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
2. How is Dab described?
3. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
4. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
5. How is Dab described when Tree visits him in chapter 11?
6. How is Brother Rush's death described?
7. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
8. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Dab's funeral?
9. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
10. What happens when M'Vy follows Tree into the little room?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)