|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because she is terrified.
(b) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
(c) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
(d) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
2. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Throws him out of the car.
(d) Throws him into the back seat.
3. When does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) Friday afternoon.
(b) Sunday night.
(c) Monday morning.
(d) Saturday morning.
4. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Sing in a nightclub.
(b) Deliver numbers.
(c) Play jazz.
(d) Work at a meat packing plant.
5. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He doesn't see anything.
(b) He sees the woman with the baby.
(c) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(d) He sees Brother Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the baby happy?
2. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
3. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
4. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
5. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tree as a cook?
2. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
3. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
4. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
5. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
6. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
7. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
8. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
9. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
10. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)