|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dab?
(a) Tree's brother.
(b) The man on the stoop.
(c) Tree's cousin.
(d) Tree's teacher.
2. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) She sees Brother Rush.
(c) Tree screams.
(d) Tree comes barging in.
3. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always makes a big mess of things.
(b) She always eats all the food in the house.
(c) She always invites all her friends over.
(d) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
4. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The woman.
(b) The baby.
(c) The house.
(d) The field.
5. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Miss Pricherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
2. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
3. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
4. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
5. Where is Tree whisked away to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
2. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
3. How is Dab described?
4. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
5. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
6. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
7. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
8. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
9. What is Tree as a cook?
10. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)