|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree check Dab for?
(d) Blood sugar.
2. What did Tree do in this private place?
3. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A knife.
(d) Tear gas.
4. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Children she doesn't know.
5. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Brother Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
2. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
3. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
4. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
5. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the baby happy?
2. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
3. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
4. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
5. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
6. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
7. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
8. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
9. How is Brother Rush's death described?
10. What do Tree and Dab's visions foreshadow?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)