|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A farm field.
(b) A factory at the turn of the century.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A ghetto.
2. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
(d) Very scared.
3. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Her teacher.
4. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because she is terrified.
(b) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
(c) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
(d) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
5. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) She had hallucinated.
(b) The room is magical.
(c) Her brother visited her there.
(d) There wasn't anyone there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
2. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
3. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
4. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
5. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Silversmith described?
2. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
3. Describe Dab's admittance into the hospital.
4. What does Tree see when she takes off Brother Rush's gloves?
5. What does Tree see when she is transported back to the past?
6. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about what she saw?
7. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
8. What does M'Vy say when Tree and Dab tell her about their experiences with Brother Rush?
9. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
10. What makes the baby happy?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)