|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. How did Brother Rush die?
(b) In a knife fight.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In an accident at the plant.
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They finish each other's sentences.
(b) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(c) They help each other with everything.
(d) They respect each other's privacy.
4. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A farm field.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A factory at the turn of the century.
5. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(a) A baby.
(c) A horse's reins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
2. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
3. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
4. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
5. Who showed up by six p.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the atmosphere in Tree's house?
2. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
3. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
4. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
5. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
6. What does Dab experience when Tree takes him to the little room?
7. What happens when Tree finally gets to talk to her mother?
8. What happens when Tree and M'Vy talk about Dab?
9. What makes the baby happy?
10. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)