|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Throws him into the back seat.
(d) Throws him out of the car.
2. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) Her room.
(b) The little room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Dab's room.
3. Who is Tree?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Teresa's brother.
(d) Teresa's teacher.
4. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
(a) She feels like she is not herself any more.
(b) She feels like the laws of time and gravity do not apply to her.
(c) She feels like she is dreaming, and anything is possible.
(d) She feels transported to a faraway place.
5. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 5 begin?
2. What does Tree's mother do for work?
3. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
4. What is M'Vy scared by?
5. What is Tree afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
2. How is Dab feeling when Tree goes to wake him up?
3. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
4. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
5. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
6. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
7. Describe Tree's experience at Binnie's house.
8. What happens that wakes Tree up in the middle of the night?
9. How is Brother Rush's death described?
10. What happens to Tree when she is cooking?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)