|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Years of neglect.
(b) Not having had her tested.
(c) Not being a good mother.
(d) All the things she has done.
2. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Congenital blood diseases.
(d) Birth defects.
3. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) A blood illness.
(b) Religious retribution for her sins.
(c) A childhood accident.
(d) A birth defect.
4. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
(c) Her own imagination.
5. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
(a) She is afraid and upset.
(b) She is reassured by the doctors and nurses.
(c) She is curious about everything.
(d) She is frustrated by the long wait before anything can be done.
6. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) Brother Rush gets sick.
(b) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(c) Tree loses her socks.
(d) Dab has a seizure.
7. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
(a) Brother Rush is telling stories Tree doesn't understand.
(b) Brother Rush is driving slowly and delicately.
(c) Brother Rush won't talk with them.
(d) Brother Rush keeps his hat on.
8. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(b) 'Amity Street Horror'.
(d) 'The Exorcist'.
9. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(b) Granny Pricherd.
(c) Old Lady.
10. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
(a) How unhappy he was.
(b) How good he looked in his suit.
(c) How much he cared for her.
(d) How ready he was to die.
11. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(b) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
(c) Leaving Dab with her.
(d) Not telling her important things about the past.
12. What does M'Vy tell Tree about Ken?
(a) He lives in New Orleans and sends money when he can.
(b) He is in prison for the accident that killed Brother Rush.
(c) He died shortly after the accident that killed Brother Rush.
(d) He is still alive but she does not know where he is.
13. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why Brother Rush had died.
(b) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(c) Why she never told her about the accident.
(d) Why Dab was so limited.
14. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More concerned.
(b) More desperate.
(c) More miserable.
(d) Less guilty.
15. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(b) Guilt about Dab's death.
(c) The future with her and Silversmith.
(d) The nature of the afterlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
2. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
3. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
4. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
5. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)