|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Silversmith leave for Tree?
(a) A telephone number to reach him.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) A long letter about her uncle's life.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
2. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(b) 'Amity Street Horror'.
(c) 'The Exorcist'.
3. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) Soft tender palms.
(b) He is missing part of a finger.
(c) Tattoos on his hands.
(d) Scars and sores on his hands.
4. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) In the lab getting blood work.
(b) Getting x-rays.
(c) In surgery.
(d) In a special room.
5. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
(a) She is confused and upset.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is angry.
6. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
(b) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(c) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
(d) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
7. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
(a) A mother in the waiting room.
(b) A nurse.
(c) No one.
8. What causes the car accident that kills Brother Rush?
(a) Another car.
(b) A child in the road.
(c) A dog in the road.
(d) A bicycle in the road.
9. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
(a) To go to the Emergency Room.
(b) To call an ambulance.
(c) To go through General Admittance.
(d) To take Dab directly to the substance abuse ward.
10. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
(a) The urge to get better.
(b) The urge to die.
(c) The desire to have their own way without understanding themselves.
(d) A rare blood condition.
11. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They hit it off.
(b) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
(c) They become friends slowly.
(d) They bristle at each other.
12. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why Dab was so limited.
(b) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(c) Why Brother Rush had died.
(d) Why she never told her about the accident.
13. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
(a) She believes the child is possessed.
(b) She thinks Tree is making everything up.
(c) She doesn't understand what's happening.
(d) She believes her.
14. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(b) Granny Pricherd.
(c) Old Lady.
15. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
(b) That they have a close connection.
(c) That she cannot trust him.
(d) That he won't be around for long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
2. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
3. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
5. What is Tree's nightmare?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)