|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the car.
2. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
(a) She runs to the little room looking for Brother Rush.
(b) She tries to hide from her.
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She tries to convince her how sick Dab is.
3. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
(a) She closes her eyes.
(b) She blacks out in the accident.
(c) She climbs under the car and is back in the room.
(d) She goes through the trunk.
4. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
(b) It unnerves M'Vy.
(c) It makes the ghost more real.
(d) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
5. What is Miss Pricherd doing, when Tree sees her?
(a) Cleaning Dab's room.
(b) Throwing out Dab's things.
(c) Starting to box things up so M'Vy and Tree can move.
(d) Cleaning the kitchen.
6. What did Dab die of?
(c) Respiratory paralysis.
(d) The simple flu.
7. What does Tree realize after she packs her things?
(a) She likes Silversmith a lot and wants him as a step-father.
(b) Dab would want her to stay.
(c) She doesn't have anywhere to go.
(d) This is only temporary, but M'Vy loves her.
8. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
(a) That she had brothers.
(b) That Tree and Dab are her children.
(c) That Ken is still alive.
(d) That she was married to Ken.
9. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
(a) To go through General Admittance.
(b) To take Dab directly to the substance abuse ward.
(c) To go to the Emergency Room.
(d) To call an ambulance.
10. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
(a) To keep from seeing things that upset him.
(b) To hide from M'Vy.
(c) To hide his feelings.
(d) To guard against sunlight.
11. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(b) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
(c) Brother Rush is not there.
(d) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
12. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
(a) Tell them stories.
(b) Comfort them.
(c) Cook for them.
(d) Distract them from what they've seen.
13. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
(a) He is fine.
(b) His condition is constantly changing.
(c) He is on life support.
(d) He cannot speak.
14. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
15. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She seems to have aged.
(b) She can't stop crying.
(c) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
(d) She seems to be relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Pricherd respond when Tree calls her by her nickname?
2. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
3. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd?
4. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
5. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)