|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(b) Have all the children tested.
(c) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
(d) Had Dab inoculated.
2. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the car.
(d) To the bathroom.
3. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) That he was born with a birth defect.
(b) That he is a junkie.
(c) That he doesn't need the pills.
(d) That he is terminally ill.
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They bristle at each other.
(b) They become friends slowly.
(c) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
(d) They hit it off.
5. What does M'Vy object to the things Tree tells her about he funeral?
(a) It isn't what Dab would want.
(b) It was what Tree wanted, not what Dab wanted.
(c) That Dab wouldn't notice what they did.
(d) She doesn't have the money.
6. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
(b) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
(c) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
(d) She says that wanted to beat fate.
7. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
(a) Tree's father.
(c) Brother Rush's girlfriend.
8. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) All the things she has done.
(b) Not having had her tested.
(c) Years of neglect.
(d) Not being a good mother.
9. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd?
(a) That she is taking Dab's room for herself.
(b) That she is leaving.
(c) That she can't move in.
(d) That Dab's room is haunted.
10. What stories does Don tell Tree?
(a) He describes his own experiences.
(b) He tells Tree how M'Vy and Silversmith met.
(c) He describes what he knows about M'Vy and Silversmith's relationship.
(d) He tells Tree about his brother who died.
11. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
(a) Her mother can get home.
(b) Her mother's business takes off.
(c) Dab's funeral.
(d) A week has gone by.
12. What does M'Vy tell Tree to do?
(b) Make a cad for her brother.
(c) Do her homework and be a good girl.
(d) Walk to the hospital.
13. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(b) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(c) That she fell from a high wire.
(d) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
14. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
(a) She is afraid and upset.
(b) She is frustrated by the long wait before anything can be done.
(c) She is curious about everything.
(d) She is reassured by the doctors and nurses.
15. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
(a) She saw a different vision than either child.
(b) She saw the vision Dab had.
(c) She saw the vision Tree had.
(d) She didn't see Brother Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Silversmith leave for Tree?
2. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
3. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
4. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree tells her what she realized about Brother Rush?
5. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)