|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) Tree loses her socks.
(b) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(c) Brother Rush gets sick.
(d) Dab has a seizure.
2. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That she fell from a high wire.
(b) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(c) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
(d) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
3. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
(a) Where it should be held.
(b) What Dab wants for a tombstone.
(c) Who should perform the service.
(d) Who should be invited.
4. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
(c) Tree's father.
(d) Brother Rush's girlfriend.
5. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(a) The nature of the afterlife.
(b) The future with her and Silversmith.
(d) Guilt about Dab's death.
6. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
(b) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
(c) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
(d) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
7. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
(a) That Dab will always be with her.
(b) That she is going to live with her now.
(c) That the family will be moving.
(d) That Silversmith is going to move in and take care of her and M'Vy.
8. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that wanted to beat fate.
(b) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
(c) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
(d) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
9. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) They seem to dance.
(b) They lie still as if her were dead.
(c) Clench and tremble.
(d) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
10. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
(a) A mother in the waiting room.
(b) No one.
(c) A nurse.
11. What makes Tree erupt and scream at M'Vy and Silversmith?
(a) M'Vy doesn't believe her.
(b) M'Vy goes to leave with Silversmith.
(c) M'Vy treats her as a child in front of Silversmith.
(d) M'Vy wants to leave Dab home alone.
12. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That she is unfit as a mother.
(b) That he is hooked on drugs.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
13. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
(b) She seems to have aged.
(c) She seems to be relieved.
(d) She can't stop crying.
14. What does M'Vy tell Tree to do?
(a) Walk to the hospital.
(b) Do her homework and be a good girl.
(c) Make a cad for her brother.
15. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush is a figment of her imagination.
(b) That M'Vy was not responsible.
(c) That it's possible to communicate with the dead.
(d) That Dab is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
2. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
3. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree about Ken?
5. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)