|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
(a) She believes her.
(b) She thinks Tree is making everything up.
(c) She doesn't understand what's happening.
(d) She believes the child is possessed.
2. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
(a) They will be thrown away.
(b) They will be burned.
(c) They will go with Tree wherever she goes.
(d) They will be stored.
3. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is confused and upset.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is angry.
4. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(b) Old Lady.
(d) Granny Pricherd.
5. What threat does Tree make, when she and M'Vy disagree about the funeral?
(a) To hurt M'Vy.
(b) To run away.
(c) To hurt herself.
(d) To tell Silversmith about M'Vy.
6. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
(a) How much he cared for her.
(b) How ready he was to die.
(c) How unhappy he was.
(d) How good he looked in his suit.
7. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) All the things she has done.
(b) Not being a good mother.
(c) Years of neglect.
(d) Not having had her tested.
8. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(b) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
(c) That she fell from a high wire.
(d) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
9. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More miserable.
(b) More desperate.
(c) More concerned.
(d) Less guilty.
10. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(b) Dab has a seizure.
(c) Brother Rush gets sick.
(d) Tree loses her socks.
11. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That Dab was dead.
(b) That Dab was getting better.
(c) That Dab was going to die.
(d) That she was responsible for Dab's condition.
12. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) That he was born with a birth defect.
(b) That he is terminally ill.
(c) That he doesn't need the pills.
(d) That he is a junkie.
13. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) In surgery.
(b) In the lab getting blood work.
(c) Getting x-rays.
(d) In a special room.
14. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) A blood illness.
(b) A childhood accident.
(c) Religious retribution for her sins.
(d) A birth defect.
15. What does M'Vy tell Tree to do?
(a) Make a cad for her brother.
(b) Do her homework and be a good girl.
(c) Walk to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
2. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
3. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
4. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
5. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)