|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That he won't be around for long.
(b) That they have a close connection.
(c) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
(d) That she cannot trust him.
2. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) In the lab getting blood work.
(b) Getting x-rays.
(c) In a special room.
(d) In surgery.
3. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
4. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd?
(a) That she is taking Dab's room for herself.
(b) That she is leaving.
(c) That she can't move in.
(d) That Dab's room is haunted.
5. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
(b) He is near death.
(c) A little worse.
(d) About the same.
6. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More miserable.
(b) Less guilty.
(c) More concerned.
(d) More desperate.
7. What does Tree think when she finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) That he was born with a birth defect.
(b) That he is terminally ill.
(c) That he is a junkie.
(d) That he doesn't need the pills.
8. What causes the car accident that kills Brother Rush?
(a) A child in the road.
(b) A dog in the road.
(c) Another car.
(d) A bicycle in the road.
9. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
(a) She saw a different vision than either child.
(b) She didn't see Brother Rush.
(c) She saw the vision Dab had.
(d) She saw the vision Tree had.
10. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
(a) Cook for them.
(b) Comfort them.
(c) Distract them from what they've seen.
(d) Tell them stories.
11. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) Soft tender palms.
(b) He is missing part of a finger.
(c) Scars and sores on his hands.
(d) Tattoos on his hands.
12. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(a) Old Lady.
(d) Granny Pricherd.
13. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) A blood illness.
(b) Religious retribution for her sins.
(c) A childhood accident.
(d) A birth defect.
14. What does Tree say Brother Rush's hands are full of?
15. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
(b) She says that wanted to beat fate.
(c) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
(d) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don do over dinner?
2. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
3. What makes Tree erupt and scream at M'Vy and Silversmith?
4. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
5. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)