|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) Someone's house.
(c) A park.
(d) A baseball game.
2. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
(a) They will be burned.
(b) They will go with Tree wherever she goes.
(c) They will be stored.
(d) They will be thrown away.
3. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(b) The nature of the afterlife.
(c) Guilt about Dab's death.
(d) The future with her and Silversmith.
4. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) Despairing about ever helping Dab.
(b) Hating Dab.
(c) Hating herself.
(d) Being in denial.
5. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That he is hooked on drugs.
(b) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That she is unfit as a mother.
6. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It unnerves M'Vy.
(b) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
(c) It makes the ghost more real.
(d) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
7. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
(a) In Brother Rush's house.
(b) At M'Vy's house.
(c) At Brother Rush's funeral.
(d) In the car.
8. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
(a) That Dab will always be with her.
(b) That the family will be moving.
(c) That Silversmith is going to move in and take care of her and M'Vy.
(d) That she is going to live with her now.
9. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not having had her tested.
(b) Years of neglect.
(c) All the things she has done.
(d) Not being a good mother.
10. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
(a) Brother Rush won't talk with them.
(b) Brother Rush is telling stories Tree doesn't understand.
(c) Brother Rush keeps his hat on.
(d) Brother Rush is driving slowly and delicately.
11. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
(b) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
(c) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
(d) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
12. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(b) Tree loses her socks.
(c) Dab has a seizure.
(d) Brother Rush gets sick.
13. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
(a) That it is an outrage.
(b) That it is revenge for Brother Rush's death.
(c) That it should be able to be cured.
(d) That it is her fault.
14. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
(a) Miss Pricherd is cleaning Dab's room.
(b) She hears an odd noise from the little room.
(c) Her mother and Silversmith are getting ready to go out.
(d) She thought she heard Dab calling her.
15. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is confused and upset.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
2. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
3. What detail does Tree seize on in Brother Rush's story?
4. What does M'Vy say is Dab's problem?
5. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)