|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
(d) Her own imagination.
2. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
(b) Brother Rush's girlfriend.
(c) Tree's father.
3. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) They lie still as if her were dead.
(b) Clench and tremble.
(c) They seem to dance.
(d) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
4. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
(a) That it is her fault.
(b) That it is an outrage.
(c) That it is revenge for Brother Rush's death.
(d) That it should be able to be cured.
5. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
(b) Not telling her important things about the past.
(c) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(d) Leaving Dab with her.
6. What does Tree realize after talking with her mother?
(a) That Silversmith will look after her now, and she can forgive her mother because things will change.
(b) That she is being abandoned so her mother can go with Silversmith.
(c) That with Miss Pricherd in the house, she will have something like a family.
(d) That there is no forgiving what her mother has done, and she will have to live with it.
7. What did Dab die of?
(c) Respiratory paralysis.
(d) The simple flu.
8. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
(b) Granny Pricherd.
(c) Old Lady.
9. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(a) 'Amity Street Horror'.
(c) 'The Exorcist'.
10. How old is the Brother Rush driving in the car?
(a) Middle aged.
(b) A child around ten.
(c) A teenager.
11. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They bristle at each other.
(b) They become friends slowly.
(c) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
(d) They hit it off.
12. Who is Don?
(a) Silversmith's father.
(b) Silversmith's son.
(c) A ghost.
(d) One of M'Vy's brothers.
13. How does the narrator say M'Vy has always treated Dab?
(a) She beat him when he could not do things.
(b) She got impatient with him.
(c) She made allowance for his debility.
(d) She blamed him for being a half-wit.
14. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
(a) She believes her.
(b) She doesn't understand what's happening.
(c) She believes the child is possessed.
(d) She thinks Tree is making everything up.
15. What does Tree say Brother Rush's hands are full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
2. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
3. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
4. What did Silversmith leave for Tree?
5. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)