|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) A park.
(c) Someone's house.
(d) A baseball game.
2. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
(b) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
(c) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
(d) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
3. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
(a) That she had brothers.
(b) That Ken is still alive.
(c) That she was married to Ken.
(d) That Tree and Dab are her children.
4. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
(a) Brother Rush is telling stories Tree doesn't understand.
(b) Brother Rush keeps his hat on.
(c) Brother Rush won't talk with them.
(d) Brother Rush is driving slowly and delicately.
5. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(b) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
(c) Had Dab inoculated.
(d) Have all the children tested.
6. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is confused and upset.
7. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
(a) To take Dab directly to the substance abuse ward.
(b) To call an ambulance.
(c) To go through General Admittance.
(d) To go to the Emergency Room.
8. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) Getting x-rays.
(b) In the lab getting blood work.
(c) In surgery.
(d) In a special room.
9. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
(a) A little worse.
(b) He is near death.
(d) About the same.
10. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
(a) That she has never asked questions.
(b) That her mother has been gone a lot of the time.
(c) That it never mattered to her, who her father had been.
(d) That she never knew where she came from.
11. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
(a) A rare blood condition.
(b) The desire to have their own way without understanding themselves.
(c) The urge to die.
(d) The urge to get better.
12. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
(a) That Dab had told her that he didn't want a service.
(b) That she and Silversmith have started a catering business.
(c) That Silversmith doesn't have money to pay for the funeral either.
(d) That she and Silversmith are getting married.
13. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They become friends slowly.
(b) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
(c) They bristle at each other.
(d) They hit it off.
14. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
(a) In Brother Rush's house.
(b) At Brother Rush's funeral.
(c) In the car.
(d) At M'Vy's house.
15. How old is the Brother Rush driving in the car?
(a) A child around ten.
(b) Middle aged.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
2. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd?
3. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
4. What does M'Vy tell Tree Ken loved?
5. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)