|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) Religious retribution for her sins.
(b) A childhood accident.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) A blood illness.
2. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More desperate.
(b) Less guilty.
(c) More miserable.
(d) More concerned.
3. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why Dab was so limited.
(b) Why Brother Rush had died.
(c) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(d) Why she never told her about the accident.
4. How does Tree get from the car accident back to the little room?
(a) She closes her eyes.
(b) She blacks out in the accident.
(c) She goes through the trunk.
(d) She climbs under the car and is back in the room.
5. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(b) Leaving Dab with her.
(c) Not telling her important things about the past.
(d) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
6. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(a) 'Amity Street Horror'.
(b) 'The Exorcist'.
7. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
(a) She thought she heard Dab calling her.
(b) Her mother and Silversmith are getting ready to go out.
(c) Miss Pricherd is cleaning Dab's room.
(d) She hears an odd noise from the little room.
8. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
(a) That it is an outrage.
(b) That it is revenge for Brother Rush's death.
(c) That it is her fault.
(d) That it should be able to be cured.
9. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(a) The nature of the afterlife.
(c) Guilt about Dab's death.
(d) The future with her and Silversmith.
10. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
(a) Distract them from what they've seen.
(b) Cook for them.
(c) Comfort them.
(d) Tell them stories.
11. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) Tattoos on his hands.
(b) He is missing part of a finger.
(c) Scars and sores on his hands.
(d) Soft tender palms.
12. What stories does Don tell Tree?
(a) He tells Tree about his brother who died.
(b) He describes his own experiences.
(c) He describes what he knows about M'Vy and Silversmith's relationship.
(d) He tells Tree how M'Vy and Silversmith met.
13. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They bristle at each other.
(b) They hit it off.
(c) They become friends slowly.
(d) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
14. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) He is on life support.
(d) His condition is constantly changing.
15. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That she fell from a high wire.
(b) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(c) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(d) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
2. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
3. What does M'Vy say is Dab's problem?
4. What does Tree realize after she packs her things?
5. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)