|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
(b) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
(c) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(d) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
2. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Had Dab inoculated.
(b) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
(c) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(d) Have all the children tested.
3. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
(b) That they have a close connection.
(c) That she cannot trust him.
(d) That he won't be around for long.
4. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
(b) She says that wanted to beat fate.
(c) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
(d) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
5. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
(a) A large man with a graying afro.
(b) An older version of Brother Rush.
(c) A large man with gentle, soft features.
(d) A slender man, beautiful and aloof, like Brother Rush.
6. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
(a) No one.
(c) A mother in the waiting room.
(d) A nurse.
7. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It makes the ghost more real.
(b) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
(c) It unnerves M'Vy.
(d) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
8. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That he is hooked on drugs.
(b) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
(c) That she is unfit as a mother.
(d) That he will die.
9. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not having had her tested.
(b) Not being a good mother.
(c) All the things she has done.
(d) Years of neglect.
10. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) They seem to dance.
(b) They lie still as if her were dead.
(c) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
(d) Clench and tremble.
11. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
(a) How unhappy he was.
(b) How ready he was to die.
(c) How much he cared for her.
(d) How good he looked in his suit.
12. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(a) Guilt about Dab's death.
(b) The nature of the afterlife.
(c) The future with her and Silversmith.
13. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the car.
14. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will be taken from her.
(b) He will be cured for good.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will never leave.
15. What threat does Tree make, when she and M'Vy disagree about the funeral?
(a) To tell Silversmith about M'Vy.
(b) To hurt herself.
(c) To hurt M'Vy.
(d) To run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Silversmith leave for Tree?
2. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
3. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
4. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
5. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)