|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Brother Rush driving in the car?
(a) Middle aged.
(b) A child around ten.
(d) A teenager.
2. What does Don do over dinner?
(a) Ignore Tree.
(b) Help Tree reconcile with M'Vy.
(c) Whisper jokes to Tree.
(d) Flirt with Tree.
3. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
(b) That they have a close connection.
(c) That he won't be around for long.
(d) That she cannot trust him.
4. What does M'Vy say about Tree's vision of Brother Rush?
(a) She believes the child is possessed.
(b) She doesn't understand what's happening.
(c) She thinks Tree is making everything up.
(d) She believes her.
5. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
(a) Who should be invited.
(b) Who should perform the service.
(c) Where it should be held.
(d) What Dab wants for a tombstone.
6. What causes the car accident that kills Brother Rush?
(a) A bicycle in the road.
(b) Another car.
(c) A child in the road.
(d) A dog in the road.
7. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(b) Dab has a seizure.
(c) Tree loses her socks.
(d) Brother Rush gets sick.
8. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That Dab was getting better.
(b) That she was responsible for Dab's condition.
(c) That Dab was going to die.
(d) That Dab was dead.
9. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
(a) They will be burned.
(b) They will go with Tree wherever she goes.
(c) They will be stored.
(d) They will be thrown away.
10. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why Brother Rush had died.
(b) Why she never told her about the accident.
(c) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(d) Why Dab was so limited.
11. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
(b) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
(c) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
(d) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
12. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
(b) It unnerves M'Vy.
(c) It makes the ghost more real.
(d) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
13. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That she is unfit as a mother.
(c) That he is hooked on drugs.
(d) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
14. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
(a) Distract them from what they've seen.
(b) Tell them stories.
(c) Cook for them.
(d) Comfort them.
15. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the car.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree about Ken?
2. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
3. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
4. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
5. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)