|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree tell M'Vy about Brother Rush?
(a) How ready he was to die.
(b) How good he looked in his suit.
(c) How much he cared for her.
(d) How unhappy he was.
2. What did Dab die of?
(b) The simple flu.
(d) Respiratory paralysis.
3. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(a) 'The Exorcist'.
(c) 'Amity Street Horror'.
4. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
(a) That it is revenge for Brother Rush's death.
(b) That it should be able to be cured.
(c) That it is an outrage.
(d) That it is her fault.
5. What does Tree insist on at the funeral?
(a) No casket.
(b) Lots of flowers.
(c) A closed casket.
(d) An open casket.
6. What does Tree realize after she packs her things?
(a) She likes Silversmith a lot and wants him as a step-father.
(b) This is only temporary, but M'Vy loves her.
(c) Dab would want her to stay.
(d) She doesn't have anywhere to go.
7. What does M'Vy try to ease Tree's mind about?
(a) Guilt about Dab's death.
(c) The nature of the afterlife.
(d) The future with her and Silversmith.
8. What does the narrator say is the result of Tree describing details of Brother Rush's accident?
(a) It unnerves M'Vy.
(b) It makes M'Vy distrust her.
(c) It makes Tree distrust her mother.
(d) It makes the ghost more real.
9. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
(b) Brother Rush gets sick.
(c) Dab has a seizure.
(d) Tree loses her socks.
10. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She seems to have aged.
(b) She seems to be relieved.
(c) She can't stop crying.
(d) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
11. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
(a) Birth defects.
(b) Congenital blood diseases.
(c) Food poisoning.
12. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) They seem to dance.
(b) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
(c) Clench and tremble.
(d) They lie still as if her were dead.
13. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That she fell from a high wire.
(b) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
(c) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(d) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
14. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
(a) In the lab getting blood work.
(b) In surgery.
(c) In a special room.
(d) Getting x-rays.
15. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That he is hooked on drugs.
(c) That she is unfit as a mother.
(d) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
2. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
4. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
5. What do M'Vy, Tree and Silversmith have to do before they can see Dab?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)