|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy say is Dab's problem?
(c) Heroin withdrawal.
(d) A brain tumor.
2. What is M'Vy worried the doctors will think when they see Dab?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That he is hooked on drugs.
(c) That she is unfit as a mother.
(d) That M'Vy won't be able to afford to pay for his care.
3. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will be cured for good.
(b) He will never leave.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will be taken from her.
4. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
(a) That she is going to live with her now.
(b) That Silversmith is going to move in and take care of her and M'Vy.
(c) That Dab will always be with her.
(d) That the family will be moving.
5. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) Scars and sores on his hands.
(b) He is missing part of a finger.
(c) Soft tender palms.
(d) Tattoos on his hands.
6. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
(a) That it's possible to communicate with the dead.
(b) That M'Vy was not responsible.
(c) That Dab is dead.
(d) That Brother Rush is a figment of her imagination.
7. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More concerned.
(b) Less guilty.
(c) More desperate.
(d) More miserable.
8. Who is Don?
(a) Silversmith's father.
(b) A ghost.
(c) One of M'Vy's brothers.
(d) Silversmith's son.
9. What was M'Vy's experience in the little room?
(a) She saw the vision Tree had.
(b) She saw the vision Dab had.
(c) She didn't see Brother Rush.
(d) She saw a different vision than either child.
10. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
(a) He is near death.
(b) A little worse.
(c) About the same.
11. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(b) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
(c) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
(d) Brother Rush is not there.
12. What does M'Vy say she should have done?
(a) Had Dab inoculated.
(b) Stopped Dab from taking drugs.
(c) Have all the children tested.
(d) Taken Dab to the hospital much sooner.
13. What does Tree feel about Dab's illness?
(a) That it is revenge for Brother Rush's death.
(b) That it is her fault.
(c) That it should be able to be cured.
(d) That it is an outrage.
14. What stories does Don tell Tree?
(a) He tells Tree how M'Vy and Silversmith met.
(b) He describes what he knows about M'Vy and Silversmith's relationship.
(c) He tells Tree about his brother who died.
(d) He describes his own experiences.
15. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
(a) She is curious about everything.
(b) She is frustrated by the long wait before anything can be done.
(c) She is reassured by the doctors and nurses.
(d) She is afraid and upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
2. How does Miss Pricherd respond when Tree calls her by her nickname?
3. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
4. What is Miss Pricherd doing, when Tree sees her?
5. What does Don do over dinner?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)