|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree realize after she packs her things?
(a) She doesn't have anywhere to go.
(b) Dab would want her to stay.
(c) She likes Silversmith a lot and wants him as a step-father.
(d) This is only temporary, but M'Vy loves her.
2. What causes the car accident that kills Brother Rush?
(a) Another car.
(b) A dog in the road.
(c) A bicycle in the road.
(d) A child in the road.
3. Where does Tree say her knowledge about family came from?
(c) Her own imagination.
4. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
(a) Cook for them.
(b) Distract them from what they've seen.
(c) Comfort them.
(d) Tell them stories.
5. What does Tree say Brother Rush's hands are full of?
6. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That Dab was getting better.
(b) That she was responsible for Dab's condition.
(c) That Dab was going to die.
(d) That Dab was dead.
7. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A mother in the waiting room.
(d) No one.
8. What did Silversmith leave for Tree?
(a) A telephone number to reach him.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) A long letter about her uncle's life.
(d) Chinese food.
9. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will be cured for good.
(b) He will be taken from her.
(c) He will never leave.
(d) He will die.
10. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
(a) Soft tender palms.
(b) Scars and sores on his hands.
(c) Tattoos on his hands.
(d) He is missing part of a finger.
11. What did Dab die of?
(c) Respiratory paralysis.
(d) The simple flu.
12. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush is a figment of her imagination.
(b) That Dab is dead.
(c) That M'Vy was not responsible.
(d) That it's possible to communicate with the dead.
13. What does Tree realize as her mother tells her stories?
(a) That her mother has been gone a lot of the time.
(b) That she has never asked questions.
(c) That it never mattered to her, who her father had been.
(d) That she never knew where she came from.
14. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
(a) That Dab had told her that he didn't want a service.
(b) That Silversmith doesn't have money to pay for the funeral either.
(c) That she and Silversmith are getting married.
(d) That she and Silversmith have started a catering business.
15. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
(a) Brother Rush won't talk with them.
(b) Brother Rush keeps his hat on.
(c) Brother Rush is driving slowly and delicately.
(d) Brother Rush is telling stories Tree doesn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
2. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
3. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
4. How old is the Brother Rush driving in the car?
5. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)