|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
(a) To go through General Admittance.
(b) To go to the Emergency Room.
(c) To call an ambulance.
(d) To take Dab directly to the substance abuse ward.
2. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will never leave.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will be cured for good.
(d) He will be taken from her.
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) All the things she has done.
(b) Not having had her tested.
(c) Years of neglect.
(d) Not being a good mother.
4. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
(a) Her mother's business takes off.
(b) Dab's funeral.
(c) Her mother can get home.
(d) A week has gone by.
5. What does Tree feel when the note on the fridge makes her laugh?
(a) Guilty for not being with Dab in the hospital.
(b) Delighted by Silversmith's sense of humor.
(c) Guilty for laughing while Dab is sick.
(d) Relief, as if now things will be alright.
6. What condition does M'Vy say Dab is in when she calls Tree at home?
(a) His condition is constantly changing.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He is on life support.
(d) He cannot speak.
7. What causes the car accident that kills Brother Rush?
(a) A dog in the road.
(b) A child in the road.
(c) A bicycle in the road.
(d) Another car.
8. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) Dab has a seizure.
(b) Brother Rush gets sick.
(c) Tree loses her socks.
(d) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
9. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(a) 'The Exorcist'.
(d) 'Amity Street Horror'.
10. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
(a) A blood illness.
(b) A childhood accident.
(c) Religious retribution for her sins.
(d) A birth defect.
11. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
(a) She runs to the little room looking for Brother Rush.
(b) She tries to convince her how sick Dab is.
(c) She tries to hide from her.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
12. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
(a) Hating Dab.
(b) Hating herself.
(c) Being in denial.
(d) Despairing about ever helping Dab.
13. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) Someone's house.
(b) A jazz club.
(c) A park.
(d) A baseball game.
14. What do Brother Rush's hands do while Tree and Dab are looking at them?
(a) They reach out for Tree and Dab.
(b) They lie still as if her were dead.
(c) Clench and tremble.
(d) They seem to dance.
15. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She can't stop crying.
(b) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
(c) She seems to be relieved.
(d) She seems to have aged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
3. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
4. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
5. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)