|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Years of neglect.
(b) Not having had her tested.
(c) All the things she has done.
(d) Not being a good mother.
2. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
(a) Dab has a seizure.
(b) Tree loses her socks.
(c) Brother Rush gets sick.
(d) M'Vy shows up and gets angry.
3. What could Tree tell by the way M'Vy walked into the house, at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) That she was responsible for Dab's condition.
(b) That Dab was going to die.
(c) That Dab was dead.
(d) That Dab was getting better.
4. How does the narrator say M'Vy feels when she takes care of Dab?
(a) More concerned.
(b) More miserable.
(c) More desperate.
(d) Less guilty.
5. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She can't stop crying.
(b) She seems to have aged.
(c) She seems to be relieved.
(d) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
6. What stories does Don tell Tree?
(a) He tells Tree about his brother who died.
(b) He describes what he knows about M'Vy and Silversmith's relationship.
(c) He tells Tree how M'Vy and Silversmith met.
(d) He describes his own experiences.
7. What does M'Vy say is Dab's problem?
(a) A brain tumor.
(d) Heroin withdrawal.
8. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
(b) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(c) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
(d) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
9. What does Tree realize when she is in the vision?
(a) That Brother Rush is a figment of her imagination.
(b) That M'Vy was not responsible.
(c) That Dab is dead.
(d) That it's possible to communicate with the dead.
10. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
(a) A park.
(b) Someone's house.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A jazz club.
11. What does M'Vy know will happen when she takes Dab to the hospital?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will be taken from her.
(c) He will be cured for good.
(d) He will never leave.
12. Why does M'Vy say she kept quiet about her family?
(a) She says that she wanted to avoid repeating the patterns in the story.
(b) She says that she was afraid of what would happen if the children knew the stories.
(c) She says that she didn't understand what was happening at the time.
(d) She says that wanted to beat fate.
13. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the car.
14. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That she cannot trust him.
(b) That he won't be around for long.
(c) That they have a close connection.
(d) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
15. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
(a) Her mother and Silversmith are getting ready to go out.
(b) She thought she heard Dab calling her.
(c) She hears an odd noise from the little room.
(d) Miss Pricherd is cleaning Dab's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M'Vy hint is wrong with Dab?
2. What does Miss Pricherd tell Tree?
3. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
4. What is Tree's nightmare?
5. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)