|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
(a) That she was married to Ken.
(b) That she had brothers.
(c) That Tree and Dab are her children.
(d) That Ken is still alive.
2. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
(a) The desire to have their own way without understanding themselves.
(b) A rare blood condition.
(c) The urge to get better.
(d) The urge to die.
3. What does Tree realize after she packs her things?
(a) Dab would want her to stay.
(b) She doesn't have anywhere to go.
(c) This is only temporary, but M'Vy loves her.
(d) She likes Silversmith a lot and wants him as a step-father.
4. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree tells her what she realized about Brother Rush?
(a) She gets angry at Tree as if Tree were Brother Rush.
(b) She knows that Tree is wrong.
(c) She cannot believe in a universe that would allow a ghost to talk to a girl.
(d) She does not believe her.
5. What does Tree want her mother to explain to her?
(a) Why she hadn't prevented the accident.
(b) Why Brother Rush had died.
(c) Why she never told her about the accident.
(d) Why Dab was so limited.
6. What does M'Vy object to the things Tree tells her about he funeral?
(a) That Dab wouldn't notice what they did.
(b) It was what Tree wanted, not what Dab wanted.
(c) She doesn't have the money.
(d) It isn't what Dab would want.
7. How does the narrator say M'Vy has always treated Dab?
(a) She made allowance for his debility.
(b) She blamed him for being a half-wit.
(c) She got impatient with him.
(d) She beat him when he could not do things.
8. What do M'Vy, Tree and Silversmith have to do before they can see Dab?
(a) Go home and wait.
(b) Wash their hands.
(c) A lot of paperwork.
(d) Account for Dab's household conditions.
9. Who is Don?
(a) Silversmith's father.
(b) Silversmith's son.
(c) One of M'Vy's brothers.
(d) A ghost.
10. What detail does Tree seize on in Brother Rush's story?
(a) Other brothers.
(b) Other disappearing fathers.
(c) Other car accidents in the family.
(d) Other family members.
11. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
(a) She tries to convince her how sick Dab is.
(b) She tries to hide from her.
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She runs to the little room looking for Brother Rush.
12. What movie does Tree think Dab looks like he might be in, when she visits him later?
(b) 'The Exorcist'.
(c) 'Amity Street Horror'.
13. What does Tree notice as being odd when she and Dab and Brother Rush get back in the car?
(a) Brother Rush keeps his hat on.
(b) Brother Rush won't talk with them.
(c) Brother Rush is driving slowly and delicately.
(d) Brother Rush is telling stories Tree doesn't understand.
14. Where does Tree find herself when she goes to see Brother Rush?
(a) In the car.
(b) At M'Vy's house.
(c) In Brother Rush's house.
(d) At Brother Rush's funeral.
15. What wakes Tree up, after she decides to run away?
(a) She thought she heard Dab calling her.
(b) Her mother and Silversmith are getting ready to go out.
(c) Miss Pricherd is cleaning Dab's room.
(d) She hears an odd noise from the little room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Tree while M'Vy sees to Dab?
2. What does M'Vy admit to, after Tree finds pills in Dab's room?
3. What does the narrator say Dab is suffering from, in addition to illness?
4. What does Tree tell M'Vy about the funeral?
5. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)