|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does M'Vy tell Tree?
(a) That Dab had told her that he didn't want a service.
(b) That Silversmith doesn't have money to pay for the funeral either.
(c) That she and Silversmith have started a catering business.
(d) That she and Silversmith are getting married.
2. What does Miss Pricherd ask Tree to wait for?
(a) A week has gone by.
(b) Dab's funeral.
(c) Her mother can get home.
(d) Her mother's business takes off.
3. What does M'Vy say Dab and Brother Rush had in common?
(a) The urge to die.
(b) The urge to get better.
(c) The desire to have their own way without understanding themselves.
(d) A rare blood condition.
4. What did Dab die of?
(b) The simple flu.
(d) Respiratory paralysis.
5. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
(a) A slender man, beautiful and aloof, like Brother Rush.
(b) A large man with a graying afro.
(c) A large man with gentle, soft features.
(d) An older version of Brother Rush.
6. What else does Tree realize in the vision?
(a) That Ken had wanted Brother Rush to die.
(b) That Brother Rush had caused the accident that killed him.
(c) That Ken had killed himself for grief over killing Brother Rush.
(d) That Brother Rush was not thrown from the car, he jumped.
7. What does M'Vy object to the things Tree tells her about he funeral?
(a) It isn't what Dab would want.
(b) That Dab wouldn't notice what they did.
(c) She doesn't have the money.
(d) It was what Tree wanted, not what Dab wanted.
8. What happens when Tree goes to the little room?
(a) Brother Rush is not there.
(b) She sees scenes from M'Vy's childhood.
(c) She sees Brother Rush's funeral.
(d) Brother Rush tells her more stories.
9. What is Miss Pricherd doing, when Tree sees her?
(a) Starting to box things up so M'Vy and Tree can move.
(b) Cleaning Dab's room.
(c) Throwing out Dab's things.
(d) Cleaning the kitchen.
10. What does M'Vy tell Tree to do?
(a) Make a cad for her brother.
(c) Do her homework and be a good girl.
(d) Walk to the hospital.
11. What are Tree's feelings in the hospital?
(a) She is afraid and upset.
(b) She is curious about everything.
(c) She is reassured by the doctors and nurses.
(d) She is frustrated by the long wait before anything can be done.
12. What does Silversmith learn about M'Vy as M'Vy tells stories to Tree?
(a) That she had brothers.
(b) That she was married to Ken.
(c) That Tree and Dab are her children.
(d) That Ken is still alive.
13. What does M'Vy insist will be the fastest way to get Dab help?
(a) To go to the Emergency Room.
(b) To take Dab directly to the substance abuse ward.
(c) To call an ambulance.
(d) To go through General Admittance.
14. How old is the Brother Rush driving in the car?
(a) A teenager.
(b) Middle aged.
(d) A child around ten.
15. How has M'Vy changed for the funeral?
(a) She seems to be relieved.
(b) She is guilt-ridden and miserable.
(c) She can't stop crying.
(d) She seems to have aged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree call Miss Pricherd?
2. What does M'Vy tell Tree about Ken?
3. Where does M'Vy say Dab is, when she finds Tree again?
4. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
5. What does Tree see when she takes Brother Rush's gloves?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)