|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A farm field.
(b) A factory at the turn of the century.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A ghetto.
2. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
(c) A marketing list.
3. What does Dab do in the vision Tree has?
(a) Lays in bed with aches and pains.
(b) Gets stuck head downward after trying to climb into the front seat of the car.
(c) Asks for food, and wonders when he can go home.
(d) Almost falls out of the window.
4. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
(a) That Brother Rush would have left a note.
(b) That Brother Rush would still be there.
(c) That Miss Pricherd would get Brother Rush to speak.
(d) That Brother Rush would be gone.
5. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He tries to jump out of the car.
(b) He wets himself.
(c) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
(d) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
6. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She pretends she is not noticed.
(b) She clutches her books to her.
(c) She calls back rowdily.
(d) She screams and runs away.
7. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
(b) Chicken and rice.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Eggs and toast.
8. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
(a) His speech.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His travels.
(d) His experience.
9. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
(a) Very scared.
10. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
11. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
(b) She always eats all the food in the house.
(c) She always invites all her friends over.
(d) She always makes a big mess of things.
12. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) The lock doesn't work.
(b) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(c) She lost her keys.
(d) Her hands are full.
13. What is M'Vy scared by?
(a) The darkness in the house.
(b) Brother Rush's driving.
(c) Dab's health.
(d) Miss Pricherd's nervousness.
14. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
(b) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
(c) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(d) Into the streets.
15. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Help her clean her room.
(c) His homework.
(d) Take a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dab do all day?
2. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
3. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
4. What does Tree's mother do for work?
5. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)