|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) His homework.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Help her clean her room.
(d) Leave her alone.
2. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
(a) She wants to get someone to see Brother Rush.
(b) She wants something to eat.
(c) She wants her sweater.
(d) She feels ill.
3. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
(a) Runs out of the kitchen.
(b) Laughs joyfully.
(d) Cries non-stop.
4. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
(b) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
(c) Into the streets.
(d) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
5. How old is Teresa?
6. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A farm field.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A factory at the turn of the century.
7. What did Tree do in this private place?
8. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
(a) She feels like the laws of time and gravity do not apply to her.
(b) She feels transported to a faraway place.
(c) She feels like she is not herself any more.
(d) She feels like she is dreaming, and anything is possible.
9. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
(a) In the living room reading.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the doorway.
10. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Her grades.
(c) Her hunger.
(d) The rainy weekend.
11. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Bring food.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Help Tree with her homework.
(d) Take Dab to school.
12. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Miss Pricherd.
(b) Brother Rush.
13. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
(a) A list of homework to help Tree with.
(b) Money from her mother.
(c) A list of chores.
(d) ork to help Tree with.
14. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He is translucent.
(b) He vaporizes.
(c) He is standing in the middle of a table.
(d) He cannot speak.
15. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) A baby.
(b) A window frame.
(c) Car keys.
(d) A mirror-like object.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
2. What does one of Tree's teachers suggest she take?
3. What is Tree afraid of?
4. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
5. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)