|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
(a) She wants to get someone to see Brother Rush.
(b) She wants her sweater.
(c) She feels ill.
(d) She wants something to eat.
2. What is M'Vy scared by?
(a) The darkness in the house.
(b) Dab's health.
(c) Miss Pricherd's nervousness.
(d) Brother Rush's driving.
3. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Hits him with a switch.
(b) Scolds him.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Comforts him.
4. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) The room is magical.
(b) Her brother visited her there.
(c) She had hallucinated.
(d) There wasn't anyone there.
5. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(b) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
(c) Miss Pricherd's home.
(d) A house where her mother is working.
6. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
7. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
(a) Money from her mother.
(b) A list of homework to help Tree with.
(c) ork to help Tree with.
(d) A list of chores.
8. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Almost an hour.
(d) A few minutes.
9. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
(a) Her grades.
(b) Brother Rush.
(c) The rainy weekend.
(d) Her hunger.
10. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
(a) Laughs joyfully.
(b) Cries non-stop.
(d) Runs out of the kitchen.
11. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
(a) His travels.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His experience.
(d) His speech.
12. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Brother Rush.
13. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The baby.
(b) The woman.
(c) The field.
(d) The house.
14. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She pretends she is not noticed.
(b) She clutches her books to her.
(c) She calls back rowdily.
(d) She screams and runs away.
15. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He doesn't see anything.
(b) He sees the woman with the baby.
(c) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(d) He sees Brother Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
2. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
3. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
4. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
5. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)