|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Tree's teachers suggest she take?
(a) Advanced classes.
(b) Vocational courses.
(c) Some time off.
(d) A test to qualify for a scholarship.
2. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
3. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
(a) Whether he had a disease.
(b) Whether he is going to die.
(c) Whether he was hit as a baby.
(d) What made him so sick and slow.
4. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(c) Brother Rush.
(d) Miss Pricherd.
5. How old is Dab?
6. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(a) A horse's reins.
(b) A baby.
7. Whose eyes did Tree realize she was seeing through?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) A stranger's.
(d) Brother Rush's.
8. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Almost an hour.
(d) A few hours.
9. What does Dab do in the vision Tree has?
(a) Asks for food, and wonders when he can go home.
(b) Lays in bed with aches and pains.
(c) Almost falls out of the window.
(d) Gets stuck head downward after trying to climb into the front seat of the car.
10. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a legal secretary.
(b) She is a cashier.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a doctor.
11. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) Dab's room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her room.
(d) The little room.
12. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
(a) What she can do for him.
(b) Where he is going.
(c) Whether he is alright.
(d) Why he is doing this to her.
13. What is Dab upset about at dinner?
(a) He is afraid M'Vy won't come home.
(b) He didn't know where Tree went when she was in the vision with Brother Rush.
(c) His stomach hurts.
(d) He is confused about Brother Rush.
14. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) There wasn't anyone there.
(b) The room is magical.
(c) Her brother visited her there.
(d) She had hallucinated.
15. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always makes a big mess of things.
(b) She always invites all her friends over.
(c) She always eats all the food in the house.
(d) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
2. Where is Tree whisked away to?
3. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
4. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
5. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)