|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Help her clean her room.
(d) His homework.
2. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
(a) Whether he was hit as a baby.
(b) Whether he is going to die.
(c) What made him so sick and slow.
(d) Whether he had a disease.
3. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
(a) Brother Rush's.
(b) Miss Pricherd's.
(d) Uncle Willie's.
4. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
(b) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
(c) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
(d) Because she is terrified.
6. What is Tree like as a student?
(c) She lags.
7. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A factory at the turn of the century.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A farm field.
8. What makes Dab cry?
(a) He misses M'Vy.
(b) He doesn't feel good.
(c) Tree says that she is going to tie him to the bed.
(d) The dog barks at him.
9. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A blues musician.
(b) A do-wah singer.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A beggar.
10. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) The little room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Dab's room.
(d) Her room.
11. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They respect each other's privacy.
(b) They help each other with everything.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They ignore each other as much as possible.
12. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees the woman with the baby.
(b) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He doesn't see anything.
13. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The baby.
(b) The woman.
(c) The house.
(d) The field.
14. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Scolds him.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Hits him with a switch.
15. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) It just comes to her.
(b) He tells her.
(c) Her friends told her.
(d) His clothing is embroidered with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
2. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
3. What does Tree check Dab for?
4. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
5. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)