|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Help Tree with her homework.
(c) Take Dab to school.
(d) Bring food.
2. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
(a) Aunt Binnie's house.
(b) To a place she doesn't know.
(d) To the house where her mother and Brother Rush lived.
3. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
(a) His experience.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His speech.
(d) His travels.
4. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
(a) That he can still roll over.
(b) That he is feeling much better.
(c) That he is going to die soon.
(d) That he is thinking about going to school today.
5. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
(a) She feels like she is not herself any more.
(b) She feels like the laws of time and gravity do not apply to her.
(c) She feels transported to a faraway place.
(d) She feels like she is dreaming, and anything is possible.
6. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) The little room.
(b) Her room.
(c) Dab's room.
(d) The kitchen.
7. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Boys on the corner.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
8. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
9. How old is Teresa?
10. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) The room is magical.
(b) Her brother visited her there.
(c) She had hallucinated.
(d) There wasn't anyone there.
11. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
(b) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
(c) He wets himself.
(d) He tries to jump out of the car.
12. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Throws him into the back seat.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Throws him out of the car.
(d) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
13. What makes M'Vy believe Tree when she says that Dab is sick?
(a) Tree's story about Brother Rush.
(b) Because Tree is pale with fear.
(c) Because Tree has been taking care of him.
(d) Because Tree knows him better than she does.
14. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
(a) Brother Rush has replaced the vision she saw at first.
(b) Brother Rush is older.
(c) Her mother has chased Brother Rush out of the room.
(d) Brother Rush is still there.
15. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
(a) He won't understand.
(b) She wants to keep it secret.
(c) She isn't sure what happened, herself.
(d) She promised Brother Rush not to tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tree afraid of?
2. What does Dab do in the vision Tree has?
3. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
4. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
5. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)