|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Brother Rush die?
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In an accident at the plant.
(d) In a knife fight.
2. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Bring food.
(b) Help Tree with her homework.
(c) Take Dab to school.
(d) Clean the house.
3. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a legal secretary.
(b) She is a cashier.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a nurse.
4. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
(b) Hardly any time at all.
5. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(b) They finish each other's sentences.
(c) They help each other with everything.
(d) They respect each other's privacy.
6. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) Her room.
(b) Dab's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The little room.
7. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) A window frame.
(b) A baby.
(c) A mirror-like object.
(d) Car keys.
8. How old is Dab?
9. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
10. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) Her hands are full.
(b) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(c) The lock doesn't work.
(d) She lost her keys.
11. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He doesn't see anything.
(b) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He sees the woman with the baby.
12. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
(a) She asks M'Vy if she believes in ghosts.
(b) She asks straight out what happened to him.
(c) She describes him as if he were a stranger.
(d) She says she saw him.
13. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
14. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Her homework.
(b) Taking care of the brothers.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) Shopping with her mother.
15. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Goes to the kitchen.
(b) Rushes in.
(c) Falls to her knees.
(d) Nearly faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
2. What does Tree check Dab for?
3. Who showed up by six p.m.?
4. Whose eyes did Tree realize she was seeing through?
5. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)