|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
(a) Children she doesn't know.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
(a) Uncle Willie's.
(c) Miss Pricherd's.
(d) Brother Rush's.
3. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Her homework.
(b) Walking home from school.
(c) Shopping with her mother.
(d) Taking care of the brothers.
4. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
(a) Very scared.
5. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
6. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Help Tree with her homework.
(b) Take Dab to school.
(c) Bring food.
(d) Clean the house.
7. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(a) Assertively, with confidence.
(c) Softly, with tenderness.
(d) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
8. How old is Teresa?
9. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His experience.
(c) His travels.
(d) His speech.
10. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always eats all the food in the house.
(b) She always invites all her friends over.
(c) She always makes a big mess of things.
(d) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
11. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Brother Rush.
(d) Miss Pricherd.
12. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
(a) She wants time to herself.
(b) They have to go shopping.
(c) It is time for his lessons.
(d) Miss Pricherd has to clean his room.
13. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A fighter.
(c) A blues musician.
(d) A do-wah singer.
14. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
15. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) Help her clean her room.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) His homework.
(d) Take a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
2. What does Brother Rush do at night?
3. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
4. What is Tree like as a student?
5. Who is Dab?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)