|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
(a) That he is going to die soon.
(b) That he can still roll over.
(c) That he is thinking about going to school today.
(d) That he is feeling much better.
2. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
3. What does Tree check Dab for?
(c) Blood sugar.
4. What is Tree afraid of?
(a) Going into her mind and getting trapped there.
(b) Dab getting sick and dying.
(c) Taking care of Dab by herself.
(d) What Miss Pricherd saw.
5. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
(a) Tree screams.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) Tree comes barging in.
(d) She sees Brother Rush.
6. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
(a) To a baseball game.
(b) To the park.
(c) To his house.
(d) To a jazz club.
7. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is sympathetic.
(c) She is smitten.
(d) She is intimidated.
8. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
(b) She always eats all the food in the house.
(c) She always invites all her friends over.
(d) She always makes a big mess of things.
9. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(b) A horse's reins.
(d) A baby.
10. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
(a) Her grades.
(b) The rainy weekend.
(c) Her hunger.
(d) Brother Rush.
11. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The mother.
(b) The sunlight.
(c) Brother Rush.
(d) The insects in the field.
12. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) A window frame.
(b) A baby.
(c) Car keys.
(d) A mirror-like object.
13. How old is Dab?
14. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(a) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
(b) A house where her mother is working.
(d) Miss Pricherd's home.
15. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The house.
(b) The baby.
(c) The field.
(d) The woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
2. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
3. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
4. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
5. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)