|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) A window frame.
(b) A mirror-like object.
(c) A baby.
(d) Car keys.
2. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
(b) Miss Pricherd's.
(c) Uncle Willie's.
(d) Brother Rush's.
3. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) She lost her keys.
(b) The lock doesn't work.
(c) Her hands are full.
(d) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
4. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) Her room.
(b) Dab's room.
(c) The little room.
(d) The kitchen.
5. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) She calls back rowdily.
(c) She pretends she is not noticed.
(d) She clutches her books to her.
6. What does Dab do all day?
(a) Walks around the neighbor.
(b) Stays in bed.
(c) Goes to school.
(d) Watches television.
7. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) Help her clean her room.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) His homework.
(d) Leave her alone.
8. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He doesn't see anything.
(b) He sees the woman with the baby.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
9. Where does Tree go back to?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) Brother Rush's Buick.
(c) Brother Rush's bar.
(d) M'Vy's old house.
10. Who is Tree?
(b) Teresa's teacher.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Teresa's brother.
11. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A blues musician.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A do-wah singer.
(d) A fighter.
12. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) Her friends told her.
(b) His clothing is embroidered with it.
(c) He tells her.
(d) It just comes to her.
13. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
(a) Aunt Binnie's house.
(b) To the house where her mother and Brother Rush lived.
(d) To a place she doesn't know.
14. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A nice house with a yard.
(b) A factory at the turn of the century.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A farm field.
15. What does Tree check Dab for?
(c) Blood sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
2. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
3. Who is Dab?
4. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
5. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)