|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Teresa?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They respect each other's privacy.
(b) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(c) They help each other with everything.
(d) They finish each other's sentences.
3. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(b) A horse's reins.
(c) A baby.
4. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
(a) She is incredulous.
(b) She wonders 'why me'.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is grateful for the knowledge.
5. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Chicken and rice.
6. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
(a) A knife.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A whistle.
(d) Tear gas.
7. What was NOT stored in the room Tree claimed as her private place?
(a) Old shoes.
(b) Her father's things.
(c) A broken TV.
(d) Comic books.
8. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
(a) Tree comes barging in.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) Tree screams.
(d) She sees Brother Rush.
9. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
(a) A window frame.
(b) Car keys.
(c) A baby.
(d) A mirror-like object.
10. What sound woke Tree?
(a) M'Vy putting her purse down.
(b) Dab's cries.
(c) Brother Rush appearing beside her.
(d) Her own screams in a dream.
11. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
(a) She is a liar.
(b) She is dirty.
(c) She is a sneak.
(d) She is a cheat.
12. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) She pretends she is not noticed.
(c) She clutches her books to her.
(d) She calls back rowdily.
13. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a legal secretary.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a cashier.
14. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) There wasn't anyone there.
(b) The room is magical.
(c) She had hallucinated.
(d) Her brother visited her there.
15. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the streets.
(b) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(c) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
(d) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M'Vy scared by?
2. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
3. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
4. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
5. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)