|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What snaps Tree back to the present?
(a) She gets hungry.
(b) She is called by her mother.
(c) A breeze blows through.
(d) Dab comes into the room.
2. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees the woman with the baby.
(b) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He doesn't see anything.
3. What did Tree do in this private place?
4. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A nice house with a yard.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A farm field.
(d) A factory at the turn of the century.
5. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Her homework.
(b) Taking care of the brothers.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) Shopping with her mother.
6. Who is Tree?
(a) Teresa's brother.
(b) Teresa's teacher.
(d) The narrator.
7. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
(a) Uncle Willie's.
(b) Brother Rush's.
(c) Miss Pricherd's.
8. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
(a) To a place she doesn't know.
(b) Aunt Binnie's house.
(d) To the house where her mother and Brother Rush lived.
9. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a cashier.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a legal secretary.
(d) She is a nurse.
10. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The woman.
(b) The baby.
(c) The field.
(d) The house.
11. What explanation did Tree use to explain what Miss Pricherd saw?
(a) It was the ghost of her brother.
(b) It was just her imagination.
(c) It was just light and shadows.
(d) It was a reflection from across the way.
12. What is Tree afraid of?
(a) What Miss Pricherd saw.
(b) Dab getting sick and dying.
(c) Going into her mind and getting trapped there.
(d) Taking care of Dab by herself.
13. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
14. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Help Tree with her homework.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Take Dab to school.
(d) Bring food.
15. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(a) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
(c) Assertively, with confidence.
(d) Softly, with tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
2. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
3. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
4. Who showed up by six p.m.?
5. Who does Tree find in her little room?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)