|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Almost an hour.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A few minutes.
2. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
3. What does Tree check Dab for?
(a) Blood sugar.
4. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(b) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
(c) A house where her mother is working.
(d) Miss Pricherd's home.
5. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She clutches her books to her.
(b) She screams and runs away.
(c) She calls back rowdily.
(d) She pretends she is not noticed.
6. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A factory at the turn of the century.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A farm field.
7. How did Brother Rush die?
(b) In an accident at the plant.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a knife fight.
8. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
(a) To the house where her mother and Brother Rush lived.
(b) Aunt Binnie's house.
(c) To a place she doesn't know.
9. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
(c) Very scared.
10. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
(a) Whether he was hit as a baby.
(b) Whether he is going to die.
(c) Whether he had a disease.
(d) What made him so sick and slow.
11. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He is standing in the middle of a table.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) He vaporizes.
(d) He is translucent.
12. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The baby.
(b) The house.
(c) The field.
(d) The woman.
13. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is intimidated.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is sympathetic.
(d) She is smitten.
14. What snaps Tree back to the present?
(a) A breeze blows through.
(b) She gets hungry.
(c) Dab comes into the room.
(d) She is called by her mother.
15. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
(a) In the living room reading.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the doorway.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
2. Where does Tree go back to?
3. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
4. Who is Dab?
5. What sound woke Tree?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)