|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tree?
(a) Teresa's brother.
(b) Teresa's teacher.
(c) The narrator.
2. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A knife.
3. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
(a) She is incredulous.
(b) She is grateful for the knowledge.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She wonders 'why me'.
4. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
(b) Because she is terrified.
(c) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
(d) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
5. What snaps Tree back to the present?
(a) A breeze blows through.
(b) She is called by her mother.
(c) Dab comes into the room.
(d) She gets hungry.
6. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Take Dab to school.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Help Tree with her homework.
(d) Bring food.
7. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) The lock doesn't work.
(b) She lost her keys.
(c) Her hands are full.
(d) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
8. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A nice house with a yard.
(c) A farm field.
(d) A factory at the turn of the century.
9. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
(b) Into the streets.
(c) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(d) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
10. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Throws him out of the car.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Throws him into the back seat.
(d) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
11. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
12. What makes Dab cry?
(a) He doesn't feel good.
(b) Tree says that she is going to tie him to the bed.
(c) The dog barks at him.
(d) He misses M'Vy.
13. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The baby.
(b) The woman.
(c) The house.
(d) The field.
14. Where is Tree whisked away to?
(a) Miss Pricherd's home.
(b) A car with M'Vy and Dab.
(d) A house where her mother is working.
15. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Nearly faints.
(b) Rushes in.
(c) Falls to her knees.
(d) Goes to the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M'Vy scared by?
2. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
3. Why doesn't Dab get up?
4. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
5. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)