|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Pricherd there to do?
(a) Take Dab to school.
(b) Bring food.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Help Tree with her homework.
2. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a legal secretary.
(c) She is a cashier.
(d) She is a nurse.
3. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
(a) She asks straight out what happened to him.
(b) She describes him as if he were a stranger.
(c) She says she saw him.
(d) She asks M'Vy if she believes in ghosts.
4. What is Dab upset about at dinner?
(a) His stomach hurts.
(b) He didn't know where Tree went when she was in the vision with Brother Rush.
(c) He is confused about Brother Rush.
(d) He is afraid M'Vy won't come home.
5. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Nearly faints.
(b) Goes to the kitchen.
(c) Rushes in.
(d) Falls to her knees.
6. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Miss Pricherd.
(d) Brother Rush.
7. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
(a) She wants time to herself.
(b) They have to go shopping.
(c) It is time for his lessons.
(d) Miss Pricherd has to clean his room.
8. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
(a) To the park.
(b) To his house.
(c) To a jazz club.
(d) To a baseball game.
9. Where is Dab when Tree and M'Vy are in the little room?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the doorway.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the living room reading.
10. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
(a) Good looking with freckles.
(b) A little bit odd, and sensitive looking.
(c) Dark-skinned and mournful-looking.
(d) Intelligent looking and aloof.
11. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The insects in the field.
(b) The mother.
(c) Brother Rush.
(d) The sunlight.
12. What did Tree do in this private place?
13. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the streets.
(b) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(c) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
(d) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
14. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
(a) A marketing list.
15. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dab do all day?
2. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
3. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
4. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
5. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)