|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She calls back rowdily.
(b) She pretends she is not noticed.
(c) She clutches her books to her.
(d) She screams and runs away.
2. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(a) A baby.
(d) A horse's reins.
3. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
(a) That he can still roll over.
(b) That he is going to die soon.
(c) That he is thinking about going to school today.
(d) That he is feeling much better.
4. Who does Tree realize she is, in this vision?
(a) The house.
(b) The woman.
(c) The baby.
(d) The field.
5. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is not happy.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is impatient.
6. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Brother Rush.
7. What does one of Tree's teachers suggest she take?
(a) Some time off.
(b) A test to qualify for a scholarship.
(c) Vocational courses.
(d) Advanced classes.
8. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
(c) A marketing list.
9. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
10. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
(a) The little room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Dab's room.
(d) Her room.
11. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) His homework.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Help her clean her room.
12. What does Tree's mother do for work?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a legal secretary.
(c) She is a cashier.
(d) She is a nurse.
13. What does Tree reach for when she wakes up in the middle of the night?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A knife.
14. When does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) Monday morning.
(b) Sunday night.
(c) Friday afternoon.
(d) Saturday morning.
15. What happens when Miss Pricherd opens the door to Tree's little room?
(a) Tree screams.
(b) Tree comes barging in.
(c) She sees Brother Rush.
(d) Nothing happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Brother Rush die?
2. Why doesn't Dab get up?
3. What does Dab do in the vision Tree has?
4. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
5. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)