Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
2. What does Tree do for Dab?
(a) She makes breakfast.
(b) She washes him in bed.
(c) She cleans his room.
(d) She makes Miss Pricherd go away.
3. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) Brother Rush.
(c) The insects in the field.
(d) The mother.
4. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
5. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
(a) That Brother Rush would have left a note.
(b) That Brother Rush would still be there.
(c) That Brother Rush would be gone.
(d) That Miss Pricherd would get Brother Rush to speak.
6. Where does Tree feel like she is transported to?
(a) A farm field.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A nice house with a yard.
(d) A factory at the turn of the century.
7. When does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) Friday afternoon.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Sunday night.
8. What does Tree check Dab for?
(d) Blood sugar.
9. What snaps Tree back to the present?
(a) Dab comes into the room.
(b) She is called by her mother.
(c) A breeze blows through.
(d) She gets hungry.
10. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Sing in a nightclub.
(b) Play jazz.
(c) Work at a meat packing plant.
(d) Deliver numbers.
11. Why doesn't Tree appreciate Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She always makes a big mess of things.
(b) She always stays too long and asks too many questions.
(c) She always eats all the food in the house.
(d) She always invites all her friends over.
12. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Hits him with a switch.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Scolds him.
13. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
(a) Whether he was hit as a baby.
(b) Whether he is going to die.
(c) What made him so sick and slow.
(d) Whether he had a disease.
14. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
(a) The banister on the stairs.
(b) The window.
(c) The doorknob.
(d) The faucet.
15. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A blues musician.
(d) A do-wah singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
2. What is Tree afraid of?
3. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
4. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
5. What does Tree tell Dab to do?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)