|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
2. What is Tree afraid of?
(a) Taking care of Dab by herself.
(b) Dab getting sick and dying.
(c) Going into her mind and getting trapped there.
(d) What Miss Pricherd saw.
3. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(a) Softly, with tenderness.
(b) Assertively, with confidence.
(c) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
4. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That she is the woman and the baby.
(b) That the baby is her mother.
(c) That the baby is Brother Rush.
(d) That she is the woman's sister.
5. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is impatient.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is not happy.
(d) She is relieved.
6. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) His clothing is embroidered with it.
(b) It just comes to her.
(c) He tells her.
(d) Her friends told her.
7. Whose eyes did Tree realize she was seeing through?
(a) A stranger's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) Brother Rush's.
(d) Her mother's.
8. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They respect each other's privacy.
(b) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They help each other with everything.
9. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
(a) The rainy weekend.
(b) Her grades.
(c) Her hunger.
(d) Brother Rush.
10. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd?
(a) ork to help Tree with.
(b) A list of chores.
(c) Money from her mother.
(d) A list of homework to help Tree with.
11. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
(b) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
(c) Because she is terrified.
(d) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
12. How old is Teresa?
13. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Boys on the corner.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Her mother.
14. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(a) Brother Rush.
(d) Her teacher.
15. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
(a) That he can still roll over.
(b) That he is thinking about going to school today.
(c) That he is feeling much better.
(d) That he is going to die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
2. What makes Dab cry?
3. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
4. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
5. What is Brother Rush holding in his hand?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)