|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees the woman with the baby.
(b) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(c) He sees Brother Rush.
(d) He doesn't see anything.
2. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Miss Pricherd.
3. What answer does Brother Rush give to Tree's question?
(a) He tells Tree to help him.
(b) He says that he is going home.
(c) He says that she cannot help him.
(d) He does not answer.
4. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
(b) Throws him into the back seat.
(c) Comforts him.
(d) Throws him out of the car.
5. How does the narrator characterize M'Vy when she comes into the little room with Tree?
(c) Very scared.
6. What does Tree do for Dab?
(a) She washes him in bed.
(b) She cleans his room.
(c) She makes Miss Pricherd go away.
(d) She makes breakfast.
7. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) The room is magical.
(b) Her brother visited her there.
(c) There wasn't anyone there.
(d) She had hallucinated.
8. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
9. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
(b) A marketing list.
10. What does Tree do when she sees her mother?
(a) Laughs joyfully.
(c) Runs out of the kitchen.
(d) Cries non-stop.
11. What did Tree do in this private place?
12. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He cannot speak.
(b) He vaporizes.
(c) He is translucent.
(d) He is standing in the middle of a table.
13. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
(a) To his house.
(b) To a baseball game.
(c) To the park.
(d) To a jazz club.
14. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
15. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
(a) Because she is terrified.
(b) Because she doesn't want there to be any question about what she sees.
(c) Because she doesn't want M'Vy to be scared.
(d) Because Brother Rush is on his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
2. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
3. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
4. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
5. Where does Tree look for Miss Pricherd first?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)