|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree asks M'Vy about Dab?
(a) What made him so sick and slow.
(b) Whether he is going to die.
(c) Whether he was hit as a baby.
(d) Whether he had a disease.
2. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
(d) Hardly any time at all.
3. What is Tree thinking about when she arrives home?
(a) Her grades.
(b) Her hunger.
(c) The rainy weekend.
(d) Brother Rush.
4. Whose eyes did Tree realize she was seeing through?
(a) Brother Rush's.
(b) A stranger's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her grandmother's.
5. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
(a) Miss Pricherd has to clean his room.
(b) She wants time to herself.
(c) They have to go shopping.
(d) It is time for his lessons.
6. What time of day does it always seem to be in Tree's house?
7. What does Tree feel about Miss Pricherd's arrival?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is impatient.
(c) She is not happy.
(d) She is relieved.
8. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Comforts him.
(b) Scolds him.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Hits him with a switch.
9. What makes M'Vy believe Tree when she says that Dab is sick?
(a) Because Tree has been taking care of him.
(b) Tree's story about Brother Rush.
(c) Because Tree knows him better than she does.
(d) Because Tree is pale with fear.
10. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
(a) Children she doesn't know.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
11. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) He tells her.
(b) It just comes to her.
(c) His clothing is embroidered with it.
(d) Her friends told her.
12. What does Dab see when he comes to the little room with her?
(a) He sees Brother Rush.
(b) He sees Brother Rush's car accident.
(c) He doesn't see anything.
(d) He sees the woman with the baby.
13. What is the woman holding who Tree sees in this place?
(a) A baby.
(b) A horse's reins.
14. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
(b) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(c) Into the streets.
(d) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
15. What explanation did Tree use to explain what Miss Pricherd saw?
(a) It was a reflection from across the way.
(b) It was just light and shadows.
(c) It was just her imagination.
(d) It was the ghost of her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
2. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
3. What does the man on the stoop remind Tree of?
4. Why doesn't Dab get up?
5. What is Tree afraid of?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)