|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
(a) Brother Rush is older.
(b) Her mother has chased Brother Rush out of the room.
(c) Brother Rush is still there.
(d) Brother Rush has replaced the vision she saw at first.
2. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) She lost her keys.
(b) The lock doesn't work.
(c) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(d) Her hands are full.
3. Who showed up by six p.m.?
(a) Miss Pricherd.
(b) Brother Rush.
4. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
(a) That Brother Rush would be gone.
(b) That Brother Rush would have left a note.
(c) That Miss Pricherd would get Brother Rush to speak.
(d) That Brother Rush would still be there.
5. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
(a) Brother Rush.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Tree check Dab for?
(b) Blood sugar.
7. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
(a) A little bit odd, and sensitive looking.
(b) Dark-skinned and mournful-looking.
(c) Intelligent looking and aloof.
(d) Good looking with freckles.
8. When does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) Saturday morning.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Sunday night.
(d) Friday afternoon.
9. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Almost an hour.
10. What is Dab upset about at dinner?
(a) He is confused about Brother Rush.
(b) He is afraid M'Vy won't come home.
(c) His stomach hurts.
(d) He didn't know where Tree went when she was in the vision with Brother Rush.
11. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He is translucent.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) He is standing in the middle of a table.
(d) He vaporizes.
12. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) Brother Rush.
13. What broken thing makes Tree wonder why broken things aren't fixed?
(a) The doorknob.
(b) The faucet.
(c) The banister on the stairs.
(d) The window.
14. How did Brother Rush die?
(a) In a knife fight.
(b) In an accident at the plant.
(c) In a car accident.
15. What does Miss Pricherd do after opening the door?
(a) Nearly faints.
(b) Rushes in.
(c) Goes to the kitchen.
(d) Falls to her knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
2. Why does Tree say she turns on the light in the little room?
3. What does Tree ask Brother Rush?
4. What is Tree afraid of?
5. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)