|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tree going, in her vision?
(a) To a place she doesn't know.
(c) To the house where her mother and Brother Rush lived.
(d) Aunt Binnie's house.
2. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
(a) Comforts him.
(b) Throws him out of the car.
(c) Puts him upright on his lap in the front seat.
(d) Throws him into the back seat.
3. What makes Tree run out of her little room?
(a) She wants to get someone to see Brother Rush.
(b) She wants something to eat.
(c) She wants her sweater.
(d) She feels ill.
4. Who does Tree find in her little room?
(b) Brother Rush.
(d) Her teacher.
5. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
(a) He wets himself.
(b) He tries to jump out of the car.
(c) He almost knocks Tree out of the car.
(d) He throws Tree's socks out the window.
6. What makes the baby happy?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) Brother Rush.
(c) The mother.
(d) The insects in the field.
7. Why does Tree tell Dab to get up?
(a) It is time for his lessons.
(b) She wants time to herself.
(c) They have to go shopping.
(d) Miss Pricherd has to clean his room.
8. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) She had hallucinated.
(b) Her brother visited her there.
(c) There wasn't anyone there.
(d) The room is magical.
9. What does Tree really resent about Miss Pricherd?
(a) She is a sneak.
(b) She is a cheat.
(c) She is a liar.
(d) She is dirty.
10. Whose funeral does Dab say he attended, while Tree was in the vision in the car?
(b) Miss Pricherd's.
(c) Brother Rush's.
(d) Uncle Willie's.
11. What does Dab do in the vision Tree has?
(a) Almost falls out of the window.
(b) Lays in bed with aches and pains.
(c) Asks for food, and wonders when he can go home.
(d) Gets stuck head downward after trying to climb into the front seat of the car.
12. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(a) Softly, with tenderness.
(b) Assertively, with confidence.
(d) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
13. What makes M'Vy believe Tree when she says that Dab is sick?
(a) Because Tree knows him better than she does.
(b) Tree's story about Brother Rush.
(c) Because Tree has been taking care of him.
(d) Because Tree is pale with fear.
14. What is M'Vy scared by?
(a) Miss Pricherd's nervousness.
(b) The darkness in the house.
(c) Brother Rush's driving.
(d) Dab's health.
15. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is sympathetic.
(b) She is intimidated.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is smitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
2. Who notices Teresa?
3. Who else does Tree play with, in this vision?
4. What does Tree give Miss Pricherd when she leaves?
5. How does the narrator characterize Tree's feeling, standing in the little room with Brother Rush?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)