Short Essay Questions Key
1. How does "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" begin?
2. Describe Brother Rush as Tree first sees him.
3. How is Dab described?
4. What is Tree and Dab's relationship with their mother like?
5. Describe the room in which Tree discovers Brother Rush.
6. What is Tree like as a student, and as a person?
7. Describe the first time Tree sees Brother Rush.
8. What interrupts Tree's first experience with Brother Rush?
9. How does Tree know anything about Brother Rush?
10. Where is Tree transported to?
11. What does Tree know about the people she sees in this new place?
12. What makes the baby happy?
13. Where does brother come from, and go off to?
14. How does the narrator describe Brother Rush's driving?
15. How is Brother Rush's death described?
16. What does Dab see when he comes into the little room?
17. How do Tree and Dab wake up on Saturday morning?
18. Describe Tree's relationship with Miss Pricherd.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)