|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(b) Assertively, with confidence.
(c) Softly, with tenderness.
(d) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
2. What does Miss Pricherd say will happen to Dab's things?
(a) They will be burned.
(b) They will be thrown away.
(c) They will be stored.
(d) They will go with Tree wherever she goes.
3. What threat does Tree make, when she and M'Vy disagree about the funeral?
(a) To hurt M'Vy.
(b) To hurt herself.
(c) To tell Silversmith about M'Vy.
(d) To run away.
4. How does Miss Pricherd respond when Tree calls her by her nickname?
(a) She does a dance in her slippers.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She makes up a similarly fanciful name for Tree.
(d) She chases Tree around the house.
5. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Almost an hour.
(d) A few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Dab cry?
2. Why doesn't Dab get up?
3. What is Tree's response when M'Vy comes home?
4. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
5. What had Tree prayed before she took Miss Pricherd back to the little room again?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)