|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Don?
(a) They bristle at each other.
(b) They hit it off.
(c) They become friends slowly.
(d) They are wary and standoffish toward each other.
2. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) His clothing is embroidered with it.
(b) Her friends told her.
(c) He tells her.
(d) It just comes to her.
3. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Not having had her tested.
(b) Not being a good mother.
(c) Years of neglect.
(d) All the things she has done.
4. Where does Tree try to get Dab to follow her?
(a) Into the streets.
(b) Into the house where M'Vy and Brother Rush lived.
(c) Into the wreckage of Brother Rush's car.
(d) Into the sunshine inside the vision.
5. What is Tree's nightmare?
(a) That she fell from a high wire.
(b) That the ground opened up beneath her and Dab.
(c) That M'Vy could not save her and Dab from falling.
(d) That she could not keep Dab from falling from a high wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
2. How does the narrator characterize the rooms in Tree's house?
3. What does M'Vy do when Tree and Dab come back to the room from their visions?
4. Who is driving with Brother Rush?
5. Who does Tree always want to be held by?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)