|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree ask Dab to take her?
(a) Back home.
(b) To the car.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the park.
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They respect each other's privacy.
(b) They ignore each other as much as possible.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They help each other with everything.
3. What sound woke Tree?
(a) Brother Rush appearing beside her.
(b) Dab's cries.
(c) M'Vy putting her purse down.
(d) Her own screams in a dream.
4. Which literary term describes the dialogue?
5. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
(a) She asks M'Vy if she believes in ghosts.
(b) She asks straight out what happened to him.
(c) She says she saw him.
(d) She describes him as if he were a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tree find in her little room?
2. What detail does Tree seize on in Brother Rush's story?
3. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
4. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
5. What does Tree see when she returns to the room?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)