|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree tell Miss Pricherd about the little room?
(a) Her brother visited her there.
(b) The room is magical.
(c) There wasn't anyone there.
(d) She had hallucinated.
2. What does M'Vy do to Tree?
(a) Scolds him.
(b) Comforts him.
(c) Gives him food.
(d) Hits him with a switch.
3. What sound woke Tree?
(a) Dab's cries.
(b) Her own screams in a dream.
(c) Brother Rush appearing beside her.
(d) M'Vy putting her purse down.
4. How does the narrator say M'Vy's name was pronounced?
(b) Assertively, with confidence.
(c) Softly, with longing and melancholy.
(d) Softly, with tenderness.
5. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Boys on the corner.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tree broach the subject of Brother Rush?
2. What explanation did Tree use to explain what Miss Pricherd saw?
3. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
4. How does Dab make Brother Rush angry, in Tree's vision?
5. Where does Brother Rush take Tree and Dab?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)