|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does M'Vy ring the bell?
(a) The lock doesn't work.
(b) To give Tree warning that she's coming up.
(c) Her hands are full.
(d) She lost her keys.
2. How old is Teresa?
3. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Shopping with her mother.
(b) Taking care of the brothers.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) Her homework.
4. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Play jazz.
(b) Sing in a nightclub.
(c) Deliver numbers.
(d) Work at a meat packing plant.
5. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tree approach the recognition that Brother Rush is her brother?
2. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
3. What makes the baby happy?
4. When does Chapter 5 begin?
5. What does Tree's mother do for work?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)