|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
(a) He vaporizes.
(b) He is standing in the middle of a table.
(c) He cannot speak.
(d) He is translucent.
2. What is Tree like as a student?
(d) She lags.
3. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That she is the woman and the baby.
(b) That she is the woman's sister.
(c) That the baby is her mother.
(d) That the baby is Brother Rush.
4. How long has Tree been sitting in the dark?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Almost an hour.
(d) A few minutes.
5. What does Brother Rush do at night?
(a) Play jazz.
(b) Work at a meat packing plant.
(c) Deliver numbers.
(d) Sing in a nightclub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT stored in the room Tree claimed as her private place?
2. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
3. Why doesn't Tree tell Dab what she saw?
4. Who does Tree find in her little room?
5. When does Chapter 5 begin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)