|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
(a) They finish each other's sentences.
(b) They respect each other's privacy.
(c) They help each other with everything.
(d) They ignore each other as much as possible.
2. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
(a) Leaving Dab with her.
(b) Not introducing Silversmith to her earlier.
(c) Not knowing what to do about Dab.
(d) Not telling her important things about the past.
3. What is M'Vy scared by?
(a) Dab's health.
(b) Brother Rush's driving.
(c) Miss Pricherd's nervousness.
(d) The darkness in the house.
4. What is M'Vy's reaction when Tree knows details of Brother Rush's story?
(a) She is confused and upset.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She is not surprised.
5. What does Tree recognize as soon as she sees Silversmith and M'Vy together?
(a) That they have a close connection.
(b) That he is a better person for M'Vy to be around than Brother Rush was.
(c) That she cannot trust him.
(d) That he won't be around for long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree cook for Dab and herself?
2. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
3. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
4. What does Tree imagine of Brother Rush's?
5. What doe Brother Rush do to Dab, in Tree's vision?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)