|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
(a) That she is the woman's sister.
(b) That she is the woman and the baby.
(c) That the baby is her mother.
(d) That the baby is Brother Rush.
2. What answer does Brother Rush give to Tree's question?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He says that she cannot help him.
(c) He says that he is going home.
(d) He tells Tree to help him.
3. Why has Brother Rush covered his face, in Tree's vision?
(a) To hide from M'Vy.
(b) To guard against sunlight.
(c) To keep from seeing things that upset him.
(d) To hide his feelings.
4. What explanation did Tree use to explain what Miss Pricherd saw?
(a) It was a reflection from across the way.
(b) It was the ghost of her brother.
(c) It was just her imagination.
(d) It was just light and shadows.
5. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Boys on the corner.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tree realize that Brother Rush is a ghost?
2. How old is Teresa?
3. How does the narrator characterize Dab's intellectual power?
4. What does M'Vy apologize to Tree for?
5. What sound woke Tree?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)