|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long at a time will Tree and her brother be left along?
(a) Hardly any time at all.
2. How does Tree know Brother Rush's name?
(a) It just comes to her.
(b) Her friends told her.
(c) He tells her.
(d) His clothing is embroidered with it.
3. What does Dab tell Tree that is meant to put her concerns to rest?
(a) That he is feeling much better.
(b) That he is thinking about going to school today.
(c) That he can still roll over.
(d) That he is going to die soon.
4. Whose eyes did Tree realize she was seeing through?
(a) Brother Rush's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) A stranger's.
(d) Her grandmother's.
5. How does the narrator characterize Silversmith?
(a) An older version of Brother Rush.
(b) A large man with gentle, soft features.
(c) A large man with a graying afro.
(d) A slender man, beautiful and aloof, like Brother Rush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the relationship between Tree and Dab?
2. What happens when Tree and Dab walk around while Brother Rush is sleeping?
3. What feeling does Tree get about the woman?
4. Where are Brother Rush and the other man going, when Tree was still in the back seat of the car?
5. How does Dab seem to be doing, when Tree, M'Vy and Silversmith look into his room?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)