1. How old is Teresa?
2. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Taking care of the brothers.
(c) Shopping with her mother.
(d) Her homework.
3. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Boys on the corner.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
4. Who is Tree?
(a) Teresa's brother.
(c) Teresa's teacher.
(d) The narrator.
5. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She clutches her books to her.
(b) She calls back rowdily.
(c) She pretends she is not noticed.
(d) She screams and runs away.
6. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
(a) A little bit odd, and sensitive looking.
(b) Good looking with freckles.
(c) Dark-skinned and mournful-looking.
(d) Intelligent looking and aloof.
7. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is smitten.
(c) She is sympathetic.
(d) She is intimidated.
8. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
This section contains 4,922 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)