1. How old is Teresa?
2. What is Teresa doing at the beginning of "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush"?
(a) Walking home from school.
(b) Taking care of the brothers.
(c) Her homework.
(d) Shopping with her mother.
3. Who notices Teresa?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Boys on the corner.
(d) Her teachers.
4. Who is Tree?
(a) Teresa's brother.
(c) Teresa's teacher.
(d) The narrator.
5. How does Teresa respond to being noticed?
(a) She pretends she is not noticed.
(b) She clutches her books to her.
(c) She screams and runs away.
(d) She calls back rowdily.
6. How does Tree characterize the man on the stoop?
(a) Intelligent looking and aloof.
(b) A little bit odd, and sensitive looking.
(c) Dark-skinned and mournful-looking.
(d) Good looking with freckles.
7. What is Tree's response to the man on the stoop?
(a) She is sympathetic.
(b) She is intimidated.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is smitten.
8. How is "Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush" narrated?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
This section contains 4,922 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)