• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: McEwan, Ian, Sweet Tooth, Nan A. Talese/Doubleday, 2012. First Edition.
• In Chapter 1, Serena remembered how she worked for the British Security Service 40 years ago in 1972.
• She worked there 18 months before she disgraced herself and ruined her lover.
• Serena had an uneventful childhood with her parents and sister, Lucy.
• Her father was an Anglican bishop.
• She was a good student and enjoyed English and reading, but she also did well at math.
• During her senior year, she captained the chess club.
• Serena’s mother was the perfect bishop’s wife.
• Serena was surprised when her mother told her that she needed to study maths at Cambridge and not waste her natural abilities.
• Serena’s father felt the same way, and Serena was accepted to Cambridge to study maths.
• After recounting her past, Serena talks...
This section contains 7,574 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)