|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine doing when she receives a call from Mrs. Barnes?
(a) Making a grocery list.
(b) Finishing a news story.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Cleaning the bathroom.
2. Who bribed Randall's father?
(a) Leona Gaites.
(b) A local politician.
(c) Randall's mother.
(d) A newspaper advertiser.
3. What does Catherine's discovery about Carl Perkins confirm about him?
(a) That he is the killer.
(b) That he can help find the killer.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he is too old to be Josh's father.
4. What is the name of the typesetter at the Gazette?
(a) Sally Boone.
(b) Leila Masham.
(c) Jewel Crenna.
(d) Jamie Martin.
5. Where is Carl Perkins from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine remember that her mother said about self-made men?
2. Why does Randall insist on calling Tom's parents?
3. Who comes to visit Catherine on Wednesday after work?
4. Who else does Catherine find in Tom's house on the night he is killed?
5. What does Leila admit to Catherine that she went to see Leona for?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)