|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine goes to develop the film from Tom's camera, what are the pictures of?
(a) A vacation with Tom's family.
(b) The Lion's Club meeting.
(c) Potential suspects.
(d) The Leona Gaites crime scene.
2. Who leaves brownies for Catherine at her door?
(a) Sally Barnes.
(b) Betty Eakins.
(c) Molly Perkins.
(d) Jewel Crenna.
3. Why did Catherine initially decide to go over to the Perkins' house?
(a) To ask about Leona.
(b) To ask Molly for more gumbo.
(c) To return a casserole dish.
(d) To see if they would watch her house.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the columns included in the Lowfield Gazette?
(a) Caroline's Southern Cooking.
(b) Dr. Croft.
(c) Sandra Says.
(d) Harry's Home Tips.
5. What is Catherine surprised to find when she arrives at work Tuesday morning?
(a) A twenty dollar bill on the sidewalk.
(b) Flowers from Randall.
(c) A parking space right out front.
(d) A package from an admirer.
6. What was Molly Perkins doing when Catherine entered the Perkins' house?
(d) Playing piano.
7. What is Catherine doing when she receives a call from Mrs. Barnes?
(a) Cleaning the bathroom.
(b) Finishing a news story.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Making a grocery list.
8. Where had Tom been all day after he wrote his story about Leona?
(a) In jail.
(b) Having a date with Leila.
(c) Interviewing people.
(d) Playing basketball.
9. Who does Sheriff Galton send to the Gazette to search through Tom's desk?
(a) Randy Swepton.
(b) Percy Eakins.
(c) Mary Jane Cory.
(d) Ralph Carson.
10. Who else does Catherine find in Tom's house on the night he is killed?
11. What does Martin Barnes tell Catherine surprised him recently?
(a) His wife's discovery of his affair.
(b) A visit from Sheriff Galton.
(c) Catherine's relationship with Randall.
(d) That Catherine knows how to shoot.
12. What is the name of the doctor whose popular column appears in the Lowfield Gazette each week?
(a) Dr. Pepper.
(b) Dr. Croft.
(c) Dr. Selforth.
(d) Dr. Swinton.
13. What is Randall's mother's name?
(c) Mary Sue.
14. According to Randall and the sheriff, what would give the killer the idea that Tom wasn't home?
(a) Catherine had evicted him.
(b) His car was in the shop.
(c) Tom usually had dates every night.
(d) Tom had mentioned he was visiting his parents.
15. What does Catherine have to resist the temptation to tell Mrs. Barnes?
(a) Catherine is interested in Randall.
(b) Leona Gaites was performing abortions.
(c) Sheriff Galton might be the murderer.
(d) Jewel Crenna is sleeping with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the last minute crises Catherine experiences Tuesday before her deadline?
2. Where does Catherine go after her visit with Betty?
3. What is the name of Martin Barnes' wife?
4. What does Carl offer to do as Catherine is leaving the Perkins house?
5. Why does Tom call Catherine early in the morning on Tuesday?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)