|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Perkins go shortly after Catherine's parents' death?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To jail.
(c) To see their son.
(d) To their house to hide.
2. What does Catherine offer Randall after their day trip?
(a) A job.
(b) A clean shirt.
(c) Her car.
3. Why did Catherine have to go down to the sheriff's office the morning after Tom died?
(a) To give her statement.
(b) To interview the sheriff.
(c) To turn herself in.
(d) To report the death.
4. What is Catherine mostly responsible for at the Gazette?
(a) The lead story.
(b) The society page.
(c) The entertainment section.
(d) To cover photography.
5. Who bribed Randall's father?
(a) A local politician.
(b) Randall's mother.
(c) A newspaper advertiser.
(d) Leona Gaites.
6. Who does Randall tell Catherine that Leona might have been blackmailing?
(a) Martin Barnes.
(b) Tom Mascalco.
(c) His mother.
(d) Catherine's father.
7. Who does Carl Perkins think Catherine's boyfriend is?
8. What is the name of Martin Barnes' wife?
9. Why did Betty want to talk to Catherine?
(a) She wanted to give Catherine more brownies.
(b) She had some information that might be helpful in the case.
(c) She needed to ask for her job back.
(d) She wanted to offer Catherine a place to stay.
10. What does the note left on Catherine's doorstep with the brownies say?
(a) "I'm so sorry to hear about your situation."
(b) "Come see me when you get a minute."
(c) "You look like you could use some sweets."
(d) "I hope you rot in Hell."
11. What did the Perkins offer to Catherine as a guest?
(a) A cocktail.
12. What is Randall's job at the Gazette?
(b) Type setter.
13. What story is Tom busy writing when Catherine arrives at the Gazette the Monday after her discovery?
(a) A story about Martin Barnes being arrested.
(b) A story about the baseball championship.
(c) A story about Leona's murder.
(d) A story about the town's birthday parties.
14. What is Randall's mother's name?
(d) Mary Sue.
15. What does Catherine have to resist the temptation to tell Mrs. Barnes?
(a) Catherine is interested in Randall.
(b) Jewel Crenna is sleeping with her husband.
(c) Sheriff Galton might be the murderer.
(d) Leona Gaites was performing abortions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the typesetter at the Gazette?
2. What day is the Gazette printed?
3. What was Randall's job before he returned to Lowfield?
4. What does Catherine tell Randall that the sheriff thinks her motive for killing Leona would be?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the names of the columns included in the Lowfield Gazette?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)