|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine pestered by when she is out at the tenant shack?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Randall Gerrard?
(a) Heavy shoulders.
(b) Thick chest.
(c) Tall in stature.
(d) Thick reddish-brown hair.
3. What did Catherine's grandfather call his cotton farm?
(a) The country.
(b) The place.
(c) The farm.
(d) The fields.
4. What conclusion did the coroner's jury come to?
(b) Natural Causes.
(d) Accidental Death.
5. Who is Randall Gerrard?
(a) Tom's brother.
(b) Betty's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's boyfriend.
(d) Catherine's boss.
6. Who took Catherine's statement at the sheriff's office?
(a) Percy Eakins.
(b) Sheriff Galton.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Mary Jane Cory.
7. What does Catherine pass on her way to the tenant shack at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A dead squirrel.
(d) A strawberry farm.
8. Where was Catherine when she learned about the death of her parents?
(a) New York.
9. What is the name of Sally Boone's baby?
10. What is the dispatcher doing as Catherine enters the sheriff's office?
(a) Cleaning her desk.
(b) Talking on the phone.
11. What is the name of the receptionist at the Lowfield Gazette?
(a) Mary Sue.
12. Who is the receptionist at the Lowfield Gazette interested in?
13. What does Catherine do at the end of Chapter 1 that enables her steady her nerves?
(a) She takes deep breaths.
(b) She screams.
(c) She drinks a beer.
(d) She has a cigarette.
14. What is the name of the dispatcher at the sheriff's office?
(a) Mary Sue Hampton.
(b) Bobby Jo Carter.
(c) Mary Jane Cory.
(d) Jane Linton.
15. What is Catherine doing out at the tenant shack?
(a) Target practice.
(b) Surveying the property.
(d) Visiting a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Leona's lawyer?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Molly Perkins?
3. How long had Tom worked for Randall?
4. What weapon was used to kill Leona Gaites?
5. Who is the author of "Sweet and Deadly?"
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)