|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the sheriff's office located?
(a) Near Catherine's house.
(b) Next to the post office.
(c) In front of the old jail.
(d) Outside of town.
2. Who left the beer in Catherine's refrigerator?
(c) Mary Jane.
3. What conclusion did the coroner's jury come to?
(a) Accidental Death.
(d) Natural Causes.
4. Who lived in Catherine's house before her parents?
(a) A relative of Randall's.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) The Perkins.
(d) Martin Barnes.
5. What is the name of Martin Barnes' daughter?
6. What is the name of the dispatcher at the sheriff's office?
(a) Mary Sue Hampton.
(b) Mary Jane Cory.
(c) Bobby Jo Carter.
(d) Jane Linton.
7. Where does Catherine live?
(b) Little Rock.
8. Why did Catherine feel obligated to be kind to the new doctor in Lowfield?
(a) Because he was rich.
(b) Because her parents had been kind to him.
(c) Because he was handicapped.
(d) Because she refused going on dates with him.
9. What did Catherine's grandfather call his cotton farm?
(a) The country.
(b) The place.
(c) The fields.
(d) The farm.
10. What does Catherine compare the town's reaction to her discovery of Leona's body to?
(a) Having a new baby.
(c) Her leaving home for school.
(d) A death in her family.
11. Who are Catherine's neighbors?
(a) The Perkins.
(b) The Loukins.
(c) The Johnsons.
(d) The Harolds.
12. What color is the sheriff's car?
(a) Navy blue.
(c) Red with white stripes.
(d) Bright green.
13. Whose number was at the top of Tom's phone list?
(b) Sheriff Galton's.
(c) His mother's.
14. What did Catherine call her father's nurse as a child?
(a) Miss Gaites.
(b) Miss Meyers.
(c) Miss Leona.
(d) Miss Shirley.
15. When a visitor rings the doorbell in Chapter 5, who does Catherine hope it is?
(a) Sheriff Galton.
(b) Randall Gerrard.
(c) Tom Mascalco.
(d) Betty Eakins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine's nickname in college?
2. Where does Catherine want to go to buy new curtains and clothes?
3. What is Catherine irritated that she forgot when she came out to the tenant shack?
4. What is the name of Lowfield's new doctor?
5. What was Catherine wearing when she learned about the death of her parents?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)