|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do at the end of Chapter 1 that enables her steady her nerves?
(a) She screams.
(b) She drinks a beer.
(c) She has a cigarette.
(d) She takes deep breaths.
2. What is the name of Lowfield's new doctor?
(a) Dr. John Sellers.
(b) Dr. Jerry Selforth.
(c) Dr. Albert Einstein.
(d) Dr. Robert Galston.
3. How long had Tom worked for Randall?
(a) Six months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
4. Who left the beer in Catherine's refrigerator?
(a) Mary Jane.
5. What was the name of Catherine's mother?
(a) Mary Ann.
6. Who does the sheriff choose as the first person to attempt to cross the tenant shack's collapsed porch at the crime scene?
(a) Ralph Carson.
(b) Percy Newman.
(c) Martin Barnes.
(d) Barney Galton.
7. What does Tom reveal to Catherine that the sheriff's son is doing?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Writing newstories.
(c) Stealing cars.
(d) Selling dope.
8. What does Catherine realize about the dog she saw at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The dog was a potential witness to the crime.
(b) The dog must belong to the killer.
(c) The same person who killed her father's nurse killed the dog.
(d) The dog must have belonged to her father's nurse.
9. What type of tree does Catherine park her car under at the tenant shack?
10. What color is the sheriff's car?
(a) Bright green.
(b) Red with white stripes.
(c) Navy blue.
11. Who is the author of "Sweet and Deadly?"
(a) Carol Dunnant.
(b) Cheryl Grandy.
(c) Charlaine Harris.
(d) Charlene Hughes.
12. Where is the library located?
(a) Across from Catherine's house.
(b) Near the old tenant shack.
(c) Beside Randall's house.
(d) By the sheriff's office.
13. Why does Sally Boone call Catherine?
(a) To ask her to lunch.
(b) To invite her to the wedding.
(c) To offer condolences.
(d) To schedule her next appointment.
14. What was Catherine's nickname in college?
15. What does Catherine compare the town's reaction to her discovery of Leona's body to?
(b) Having a new baby.
(c) A death in her family.
(d) Her leaving home for school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Catherine when she learned about the death of her parents?
2. Who lived in Catherine's house before her parents?
3. What job did Catherine ask Leona if she had applied for?
4. What was Catherine wearing when she learned about the death of her parents?
5. What is the name of Sally Boone's baby?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)