|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rents Catherine's property where the tenant house is located?
(a) Barney Gaites.
(b) Martin Barnes.
(c) Charles Walt.
(d) Carl Galton.
2. Where does Catherine live?
(a) Little Rock.
3. What did Catherine's grandfather call his cotton farm?
(a) The country.
(b) The place.
(c) The fields.
(d) The farm.
4. After Catherine tells the sheriff about her discovery, which of the following does he NOT offer her?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A drink.
(c) A ride home.
(d) A tranquilizer.
5. What is the name of the librarian?
(a) Mrs. Whitman.
(b) Mrs. Weilenmann.
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Lowton.
6. Who does the dispatcher call in while Catherine is in the sheriff's office?
(a) The deputies.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Her mother.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Randall Gerrard?
(a) Tall in stature.
(b) Thick chest.
(c) Heavy shoulders.
(d) Thick reddish-brown hair.
8. What is Catherine able to tell just by looking at the cotton?
(a) It would provide a plentiful crop.
(b) It was being picked prematurely.
(c) It would make a sad crop.
(d) It hadn't been tended to properly.
9. What does Catherine first notice when she looks in the door of the tenant house?
(a) A hand.
(b) A rat.
(c) A worn rug.
(d) A farmer's hat.
10. Where did Leona Gaites die?
(a) In her house.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the old tenant shack.
(d) In Catherine's father's office.
11. What is Catherine irritated that she forgot when she came out to the tenant shack?
(c) Her friend.
(d) A hairband.
12. What type of car does Tom drive?
(a) A Volkswagen.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Subaru.
(d) A Pontiac.
13. What is the name of Lowfield's new doctor?
(a) Dr. Albert Einstein.
(b) Dr. John Sellers.
(c) Dr. Jerry Selforth.
(d) Dr. Robert Galston.
14. How does Catherine feel when she wakes up the morning after finding the dead body?
(a) At peace.
15. What job did Catherine ask Leona if she had applied for?
(a) A nurse at the retirement home.
(b) The new doctor's nurse.
(c) A live-in nurse for the elderly.
(d) A teller at the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon was used to kill Leona Gaites?
2. What did Catherine's mother teach her?
3. Who is Molly Perkins?
4. Who is Randall Gerrard?
5. What is the name of the receptionist at the Lowfield Gazette?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)