|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine's mother teach her?
(a) How to be a lady.
(b) How to shoot a gun.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to bake a pie.
2. What does Catherine point out to Tom in his house that connects to part of hers?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A buzzer.
(c) A secret passageway.
(d) A sidewalk.
3. What is the name of the typesetter at the Gazette?
(a) Leila Masham.
(b) Jamie Martin.
(c) Jewel Crenna.
(d) Sally Boone.
4. What happens to Carl Perkins at the end of the novel?
(a) He is arrested and taken to jail.
(b) He is shot and wounded by Sheriff Galton.
(c) He is tackled by Randall and then arrested.
(d) He is shot and killed by Catherine.
5. What was Randall's job before he returned to Lowfield?
(a) Pizza delivery guy.
(b) Assistant to a senator.
(c) Consultant at a technology firm.
(d) Newspaper editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Perkins go shortly after Catherine's parents' death?
2. What is the name of the "village idiot" of Lowfield?
3. Who greeted Catherine at the sheriff's office with an urgent message?
4. Why does Tom call Catherine early in the morning on Tuesday?
5. What is the name of Lowfield's new doctor?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)